2nds Williamstown vs Northern Bullants (VFL Prelim)

Remove this Banner Ad

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
After missing a week thanks to Williamstown pancaking Port Melbourne, we draw ever closer to the end of the season.The Bullants held out against Casey last week to win by 11 points and sneak through with the upset victory against the Scorpions.

Best of all, if you can make it to the VFL games then you can make it a triple header thanks to our boys playing that night also.

Williamstown vs. Northern Bullants (ABC TV)
First Preliminary Final
Saturday 11th September
Box Hill City Oval, Box Hill at 2:10 PM
Williamstown

B
Lockwood Markovic Tiller
HB
Callan
Faulks Davies
C
Howard Bre. Johnson Moles
HF
Hill Jones Everitt
F
Rampe Little Stack
R
Roughead Jolley Rose

Int
Carr Panos Tutt
Grossman McHarg Daniels
German Boumann

Northern Bullants

B
M. Austin Thornton J. Anderson
HB
Johnson Gale Iacobucci
C
Tuohy Browne Thomas
HF
McCorkell Casboult S. Austin
F
Warnock Fisher Morgan
R
Jacobs Dare Hadley
Int
Ellard Neaves Saad

Kerr Arrowsmith McLean

Lawless Woods

LAST TIME THEY PLAYED

11.11-77 Northern Bullants
http://www.sportingpulse.com/rpt_teamselected.cgi?c=1-118-0-102874-0&f=102628736&t=9815592 def. by
23.12-150 Williamstown
http://www.sportingpulse.com/rpt_teamselected.cgi?c=1-118-0-102874-0&f=102628736&t=9815585

Northern Bullants Goal Kickers: B. Fisher 2, A. Saad 2, J. Anderson, S. Jacobs, L. Casboult, R. GALE, T. Thomas, M. Davies, A. ARROWSMITH

Best Players: J. McCorkell, M. Robinson, S. Jacobs, S. BROWNE, J. Anderson, A. Iacobucci

Williamstown Goal Kickers: P. Rose 6, M. Little 5, B. Jolley 2, A. Hooper 2, M. Panos 2, B. Davies, L. Jones, P. Faulks, D. Stretton, M. Cravino, A. Everitt

Best Players: P. Faulks, P. Rose, T. Callan, L. Jones, A. Everitt, D. Addison

Williamstown vs. Box Hill Hawks (Reserve Grade)
Grand Final Saturday 11th September
Box Hill City Oval, Box Hill at 11:00 AM
Williamstown

B
Sing Boumann Muir
HB
Grossman Smith Griffiths
C
Daniels Mugavin Tutt
HF
German Tanner Cartelli
F
McHarg Panos Purton-Smith
R
Mulligan Cravino Carr
Int
Prato Ayton McCallum

Wilson Lawson Fogarty

Dimartino Lee Fenton

Sandiford

-Other Stuff-

J.J Liston Trophy-
Congratulations to Shane Valenti of Port Melbourne and Stephen
Clifton who drew for the J.J Liston Trophy with 20 votes. Matt Little was the highest polling seagull with 11 votes while Bulldogs listed players Minson, Addison and Roughead finished with 8, 7 and 6 votes respectively.

Cravino cleaned up the reserves poll and won with 28 votes.

Peter Faulks, Matt Little, Ben Davies, Brett Johnson and Ben Jolley were all named in the VFL team of the year.

Andrew Hooper-
Well done to Hoops for being named to make his debut tomorrow. He's deserved it so much.

Fev and Little Fev-
Hands up if you didn't see this coming. It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Fev is going to shoot himself in the foot time and time again.

Leon Cameron moving on-
More power to him. He can get some experience at another club and put his hand up when he feels that he is properly experienced.

Hopefully Box Hill's in better nick than what Port Melbourne was last week. Saw the Port Melbourne vs Box Hill game on IView and it was worse than the Whitten ever was. Just hope it doesn't rain a lot either.

Which 3 listed players will miss out and play in the 2's GF?

First goal to Everitt!
I doubt if we beat the Swans, Eade will make changes, but nice kick for goal from a free!
Hill playing too, not seen Moles yet.

Someone using a microphone or something?
Very annoying crowd noise!
Moles is there, just got a touch, no changes tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williamstown has been in control so far. Stack kicked a goal while Everitt has been lively.

God, how good is Faulks though? He's cutting everything off.

This maybe a stupid or naive statement.

But wouldn't it be advisable if we kept a player(who wasn't selected in the AFL seniors) fresh from playing today, just as a back up in case of a last minute injury to a senior player or a player doing an injury in the warm up?

It is an unlikely scenario that it would happen, but we are playing a final tonight. What happens if someone pulls out in the last minute? We have to play a player who has already played a game during the day?

This maybe a stupid or naive statement.

But wouldn't it be advisable if we kept a player(who wasn't selected in the AFL seniors) fresh from playing today, just as a back up in case of a last minute injury to a senior player or a player doing an injury in the warm up?

It is an unlikely scenario that it would happen, but we are playing a final tonight. What happens if someone pulls out in the last minute? We have to play a player who has already played a game during the day?

last hour you mean, cant pull out in the last minute unless you want a 25k fine.

If a emergency already played in the VFL they play 2 games in one day, like David Hale this year or Brad Dick playing 2 games in 2 days.

last hour you mean, cant pull out in the last minute unless you want a 25k fine.

If a emergency already played in the VFL they play 2 games in one day, like David Hale this year or Brad Dick playing 2 games in 2 days.

Yes, I can understand that happening in a H & A. But given the importance of us playing in a knock out final tonight, I thought we might take the precaution of keeping one player fresh, just in case of anything unexpected happening to one of our senior players before tonights game.

Anyway, no problem.

How is Stack going?

Well I think the MC for the Bulldogs are being made to look pretty smart at the moment. Moles has been a turn over king and Roughead looks injured so probably best he wasn't risked. Everitt, Hill & Stack playing their usual games (and by that I mean - when they don't have an opponent they look great but when they do they look out of their depth even at VFL level). Jones is probably the only one who could feel unlucky.
And I am really disappointed and worried about our top draft pick this year in Howard (#30) - poor effort, looks slow and deplorable decision making!
This could turn out to be a horrible day for us! Hope the Dogs can turn it around tonight!

Willi show about as much intensity as the Dogs none, and people calling for Everitt , Moles and Hill to get a game they are terrible. The only one that can hold his head high is Callan .

Josh Hill may be delisting himself with this performance. He could not look more dis-interested. I know he is a laid back character but this is ridiculous. Everitt the only one actually standing up.

I agree it looks as though MC made the right call on Moles & Rough.

2 goals in a minute including a massive bomb from Everitt, & there is almost a 3rd in 2mins,was just touched. Still a chance anyone think?

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Williamstown vs Northern Bullants (VFL Prelim)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back