2nds Williamstown vs Northern Bullants (VFL Prelim)

Remove this Banner Ad

Willi show about as much intensity as the Dogs none, and people calling for Everitt , Moles and Hill to get a game they are terrible. The only one that can hold his head high is Callan .

Yep. Rose also shit himself today, so imagine how he would have gone tonight? Hooper looks to have been the right choice (if we had to settle on finals debutants)

well its over now with that brilliant Kerr goal.

Can I also just mention how horrible and costly Tiller has been!

nothing new with that comment - tiller is a waste of space ! very ordinary !:thumbsdown:

Mostly horrible, Callan and Markovic ok, Everitt ok in patches but plenty of game went missing and Jones was very good until injurred.

Roughead got smashed by Jacobs.
Stack and Hill nowhere to be seen.
Rose worst game for year.
Moles got a bit of it but turned plenty over.
Tiller/Boumann were terrible down back, both in danger of delisting.
Howard made some really poor decisions.

Minson not playing for Willy and Roughead playing injured is largely responsible for the loss.
Minson was a dominating player for Willy for quite a large part of the season.
Winning VFL Finals requires a fair bit of luck.

Mostly horrible, Callan and Markovic ok, Everitt ok in patches but plenty of game went missing and Jones was very good until injurred.

Roughead got smashed by Jacobs.
Stack and Hill nowhere to be seen.
Rose worst game for year.
Moles got a bit of it but turned plenty over.
Tiller/Boumann were terrible down back, both in danger of delisting.
Howard made some really poor decisions.

Everything he said but worse!
Could have used stronger adjectives though.
Hill pathetic. Stack totally ineffective. Boumann can't play. Tiller slow and played from behind all day. Selectors probably made right call on Everitt too, not enough from him. etc
Our list could be decimated next year and on the form of several Bulldogs, rightly so!

Having seen Howard on a number of occasions now, I am having a lot of trouble understanding exactly what it is that our recruiters see in him to justify their relatively high ranking him in the draft.
Looks to be slow of mind and foot, at this stage he strikes me as a later round speculative type.

With the number of probable retirees that we have, and some of the non contributors running around out there today, we could be looking at quite a clean-out.

3 Games today
2 down. Both losses
Both favorites
Were the underdog
The odds are with us.
These are from the tv so might not of seen all

To all the complainers about team selection
Not one of our listed players stood up
Everitt- played well in stages but was nowhere to be seen when the pressure was on.
Moles-Got a lot of the ball but delivery by hand or foot under pressure was pretty ordinary
Roughhead-Annialated in the ruck Took a couple of good marks didn't look 100%
Stack-His handball was terrible and football nous was non existant
Hill-Put some good tackles early and then went completly out of the game
Rose- never in the game
Howard- you've got to get the ball to kick it No stats I think, out of his depth
Tiller-A pllodder
Markovic- Best of the lot Should have been tried at doggy land
Beauman- hopeless

If we win tonight I hope there are no further injuries because no Dogs listed player should get a call up after that effots. Only Jones looked like an AFL player, remainder were inconsistant at best

3 Games today
2 down. Both losses
Both favorites
Were the underdog
The odds are with us.

Everitt- played well in stages but was nowhere to be seen when the pressure was on.
Moles-Got a lot of the ball but delivery by hand or foot under pressure was pretty ordinary
Rose- never in the game
Howard- you've got to get the ball to kick it No stats I think, out of his depth
Tiller-A pllodder
Beauman- hopeless
Was roughead's performance hampered by injury?

If, say, he played this game last week - would you have chosen Will or Roughie to play the swans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 Games today
2 down. Both losses
Both favorites
Were the underdog
The odds are with us.

Rose- never in the game
Tiller-A pllodder
Beauman- hopeless

:confused:

Am pretty sure it was Purton-Smith in the res g/f that was injured, broken arm/wrist. Great to see Rohan Smith out there watching the res g/f too.

Yeah what shame....both sides lost. The Willi core players were badly down on the day. Little, Rose, Jolley Davey played possibly their worst games for the year. I thought Johnson was ok. The dogs listed players were not outstanding either, but for mine the reason they lost was that the Willi guns didn't fire on the day.

I was so looking forward to getting down to Dockland next week for the g/f....bugger!

PS....I saw Jason Tutt in the reserves run 70 meters and kick a 60 meter goal on the run....boy that boy can kick it!

And guys Howard...please....it's his first year in footy...off no pre season, I think he's done really well...and I have seen some great signs from him....but come....just his first year.

What a massive dissapointment. I was hoping Moles and Everitt would be pushing for senior selection next week, but by the sounds of it both have shot themselves in the foot.

Why Roughead is still playing with a bung shoulder is beyond me, he is 20 years old, we need him for the next 10+ years. Get him operated on so he can atleast start running in the pre season.

We were the only club with all 3 teams still up and going and with an injury list as lengthy as ours it was always going to be hard to get all 3 teams up.

watched first 2 quarters and last on the ABC

Jones looked very good, took some powerful grabs. Not sure when he got injured or how or if as he appeared to finish the game in the Ruck and did better than Roughead.

Everitt was Fair

Callan was Callan

Moles poor

Faulks will be list by someone next year.

no need to mention the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Williamstown vs Northern Bullants (VFL Prelim)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back