Review Winners and Losers of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Mathieson slid for a reason. He's a bit of a loon.
Was expecting slightly higher bids for Hipwood and Keays...so having two picks around that mark for sliders is a bonus in our eyes really.

Carlton have to be happy
Number 1 was easy.
I had Curnow going higher.
Wanted Cunningham for speed at Tigers. Read somewhere that Mackay could have gone number 1 next year. Not sure what that meant. Age?
SOS Jnr who knows.
Roos and Bris good on paper.
Like Pies pick of Crocker late.

I'm neutral about us, if i'm honest. Milera is a superb pick - one of the most talented players in the draft, IMO. Doedee a definite reach according to all outside the AFL clubs, but I'll back our recruiters in I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously over the moon with our picks.

However My favourite players we Weitering, Weideman, Oliver, Curnow. So for Melbourne to pick up my second and third favourite players I think they did well.

Also Brisbane did particularly well not paying too much for their Acadamy players, managing to pick up Matheison so late

Freo with their picks got good value. Same with North (Hibberd)

Carlton have to be happy
Number 1 was easy.
I had Curnow going higher.
Wanted Cunningham for speed at Tigers. Read somewhere that Mackay could have gone number 1 next year. Not sure what that meant. Age?
SOS Jnr who knows.
Roos and Bris good on paper.
Like Pies pick of Crocker late.
Re: McKay - he's seven days away from being elligble for next years draft or something. Talk was another years development he'd be potential number 1 - that being said, he could also just as easily fall away and not reach that potential.

Curnow the next Fevola skill and attitude wise?
Very harsh. His a young boy who made a mistake. We have all made mistakes in the last and his no different

If he turns out like Fev on the field then I will be very happy. Demons were going to take him ahead of Weideman but since the incidents they had reservations but as fate would have it, meant would slide to our next pick

Carlton players won.

Weitering's mum is a babe. Hopefully she drives him to training for the boys.

She's been getting some serious air time on the Carlton board.

I'm neutral about us, if i'm honest. Milera is a superb pick - one of the most talented players in the draft, IMO. Doedee a definite reach according to all outside the AFL clubs, but I'll back our recruiters in I guess.

yep...great pick. I think suns will look a bit silly passing on him for Ah Chee in the long run

Early days but Bulldogs did extremely well with their first two picks they got from the blues - Collins and Dunkley.

Collingwood will be interested to see how young Weid tracks. One of the two first rounders they gave up for Treloar.

Bulldogs 50/50 on. Collins surprised went that late so clubs seem have doubts and Dunkley bid not matched by Swans. Collins is a gorilla so if turns out to be as good as I think he will then yes a win for Dogs. Just strange Hawks didn't take him

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Winners and Losers of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back