T20I World Championship of Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

icyflakes

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2023
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone watching this? Just old school players in a tournament.

Brett Lee still has some of the most aesthectic bowling even when he's slowly limbering up to the pitch - had a beautiful knock-on first ball to the wickets. Now Kallis at the pitch facing his stuff too!

Really fun to watch, it's on Kayo at least for the Aussie matches it seems. And every time someone tries to sliding field anything they hurt themselves, so good comedy aspect.

Brett Lee is campaignering them hahaha - ****ing hell he bowls so good still. And given he's so slow now the pies basically dont exist.

Who the **** are these trundlers for England?
The squad last night for Australia was pretty different from yesterday - anytime someone tried to do a slide field they basically injured themselves, so I'm guessing their best XI is not on the field after a few games now :D

The squad last night for Australia was pretty different from yesterday - anytime someone tried to do a slide field they basically injured themselves, so I'm guessing their best XI is not on the field after a few games now :D
Judging by the sponsor mentions during the MoTM presentation - it's just mates of the cricket board.

Gotta love the sub continent immigrant (or second/third gen etc) crowd - the stadium is more full for the old man India v Pakistan than a lot of matches in India.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing some research into the foundation of this tournament. Looks like it was on the back of Road Safety World Series based in India that has had two seasons. Looks like they struck a deal with Edgbastan for 2023 and that would also include Pakistan playing.
That may have fallen through and hence Edgbastan has taken the idea and found funding in Bollywood star Ajay Devgn to run this show.

If this type of cricket is interesting and getting to see some of former stars battle it out. I would recommend the Legends League Cricket tournament, which runs a India v Asia v World competition and a 6 team franchise competition n a yearly basis

If this type of cricket is interesting and getting to see some of former stars battle it out. I would recommend the Legends League Cricket tournament, which runs a India v Asia v World competition and a 6 team franchise competition n a yearly basis
I just miss all the fun of the 90s/00s ODI series stuff. T20 is ripe for these kind of leagues or short series. We have a game that has a lower skill ceiling, way lower commitment from players, boards and fans alike, and yet we AREN'T just pumping out things like World vs Country, tri-series, etc? If we're going to be dealing with t20 as the dominant format going forward, let's at least get real weird with it.

I just miss all the fun of the 90s/00s ODI series stuff. T20 is ripe for these kind of leagues or short series. We have a game that has a lower skill ceiling, way lower commitment from players, boards and fans alike, and yet we AREN'T just pumping out things like World vs Country, tri-series, etc? If we're going to be dealing with t20 as the dominant format going forward, let's at least get real weird with it.
I don't mind these competitions, hopefully it will reduce the player retirement age as players like Gayle, Raina Harbhajan, Finch, only extend their careers to the T20 circuits. Have them retire earlier and play in leagues like this where they can still earn the money and play at a level they are able to compete at. But let's not satirize the market and make too many of these leagues that they are on every month.
The level of competition here reminds me of the Beach Cricket competition that we used to have. A little bit of shit and gigs; not taken too seriously.
Unfortunately the main interest and money for these kind of leagues are coming from India, and hence cricket is moving more and more towards India.

I don't mind these competitions, hopefully it will reduce the player retirement age as players like Gayle, Raina Harbhajan, Finch, only extend their careers to the T20 circuits. Have them retire earlier and play in leagues like this where they can still earn the money and play at a level they are able to compete at. But let's not satirize the market and make too many of these leagues that they are on every month.
The level of competition here reminds me of the Beach Cricket competition that we used to have. A little bit of shit and gigs; not taken too seriously.
Unfortunately the main interest and money for these kind of leagues are coming from India, and hence cricket is moving more and more towards India.
I don't think we have to make it silly - but given t20I isn't really that highly respected even in India (where IPL is king), let's utilise the format. Hell, a low cost format could be a state series for retired Aussie players. Schedule it around the test/BBL summer, who wouldn't love to watch that for a couple weeks? Use it as arvo openers for the BBL or something, and thats just a domestic old man example of the things that could be done!

I don't think we have to make it silly - but given t20I isn't really that highly respected even in India (where IPL is king), let's utilise the format. Hell, a low cost format could be a state series for retired Aussie players. Schedule it around the test/BBL summer, who wouldn't love to watch that for a couple weeks? Use it as arvo openers for the BBL or something, and thats just a domestic old man example of the things that could be done!
I would get behind that, only needs to last two/three weeks; four teams, round robin

The commentary on the Aus vs Ind match right now is absurd. I get that the English and the Indians love watching Australia lose but it's embarrassingly serious.

Tried to tune into the Windies vs England match tonight and got told by Kayo I was on a VPN - screenshot with my VPN disabled :/
1720532520320.png

Solved the Kayo VPN issue - just refresh about 20 times and it works :( ****ing useless

Ben Dunk just made 2 centuries in a couple days for Australia, who the **** is he?

Dan with a 99 and a strike rate of 280, Coulter-Nile hasnt faced a ball since he went into the oval like 15 minutes ago lmao. Dan denied about 4 runs in a row, should have just gone for it with hindsight glasses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back