WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

The Manor Lakes footballer that left Hoppers was signed to a contract when he came to the club earlier this year, when he wasn't picked in the Seniors for a practice match he "sooked up" & "bagged" several players and officials via Text message's and didn't come back even though he was new to the club and the coaching staff wanted to see how he went as a player first prior to promoting him to the senior side, so compensation was asked for prior to giving him a clearance as he was contracted. GOOD LUCK BT !

The kid that went to Yarraville was also contracted for this year, so if you want him you pay !

We are sick of grooming individuals and then losing them for little or no compensation.

It was a simple question to find out if other clubs ask for football's in return for a player leaving ?

Is this a new thing thats just started happening or has this happened for a while?

Maybe somebody else could answer the question ?

It was a simple question to find out if other clubs ask for football's in return for a player leaving ?

Is this a new thing thats just started happening or has this happened for a while?

Maybe somebody else could answer the question ?

I think you'll find that a lot of clubs are wanting compensation for contracted players wanting to leave

I think you'll find that a lot of clubs are wanting compensation for contracted players wanting to leave

Thank you for answering the question

Compensation is it football's they ask for or something else?

What ever may be required at the time, in these two instance's it was footy's.

So Hoppers a club which i am sure are doing very very well off field required footballs i am sure a club in your financial position do not need football's

So Hoppers a club which i am sure are doing very very well off field required footballs i am sure a club in your financial position do not need football's

At the time some yellow sherrins is all we asked for and received, inturn both Manor Lakes and Yarraville received 2 good footballers that will be very handy for those 2 sides. Both would be welcome to come back to Hoppers if they dont succeed at their current clubs and in return we can give them some used yellow Sherrins !

yes i was dead serious! 2 goals 8, yous were junk worst skill i have seen all year, and all i can say is we are on the board! top 5 still in our sights

You guys were very impressive and adjusted a lot better to the conditions than us. Just wondering why our old skip david cavanagh didn't lead the troops out or do the coin toss against his old mob? Maybe ready to hand over the rains ;)

So just let me in on how you groomed Brandon turner as he was playing with us at trentham, I would bag hoppers too... After the kissing each other rumours were rife a couple years ago.... Yeah bt did stuff up by telling his mate RIO a couple things but he definetly dogged his mate for his cash friends!
The Manor Lakes footballer that left Hoppers was signed to a contract when he came to the club earlier this year, when he wasn't picked in the Seniors for a practice match he "sooked up" & "bagged" several players and officials via Text message's and didn't come back even though he was new to the club and the coaching staff wanted to see how he went as a player first prior to promoting him to the senior side, so compensation was asked for prior to giving him a clearance as he was contracted. GOOD LUCK BT !

The kid that went to Yarraville was also contracted for this year, so if you want him you pay !

We are sick of grooming individuals and then losing them for little or no compensation.

Heard a rumour that a young player wanted a clearence to go from hoppers xing to manor lakes but was cleared after 2nd clearence was lodged. Hoppers asked Manor Lakes for 5 new footballs for his clearence.. if this is true .you are a absolute disgrace hoppers doing this to a new club
The new club isn't exactly on struggle street so handing over some footy's for a player who will be handy in Div2 isn't going to bring ML to its knees.

there seems to be a huge cap in the top six side to the last six side some of the scores from the last round are a joke i feel sorry for the clubs getting belted each week i must be hard to attract players and sponcers to put in the $ to get better players the heads od the WRFL need to get their head out of their collective arses and start doing something to ensure this league and it clubs prosper finacialy and on the park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L

Like all the kids you's got from Carloine Springs Juniors ?

You guys were very impressive and adjusted a lot better to the conditions than us. Just wondering why our old skip david cavanagh didn't lead the troops out or do the coin toss against his old mob? Maybe ready to hand over the rains ;)

So who was captain ? Maybe someone had a milestone game ?

I see no player suspensions down at sanctuary lakes last weekend. It now seems that the players can cost the club major sponsors without ramifications.

Well done on the win, as spineless and gutless as the people in charge of your club are, congratulations on getting off the mark.

Drove past Caroline Springs training on Tuesday night on the way home from work. Only about 20-25 blokes there, is that normal for most clubs now that it is getting a bit colder?

I see no player suspensions down at sanctuary lakes last weekend. It now seems that the players can cost the club major sponsors without ramifications.

Well done on the win, as spineless and gutless as the people in charge of your club are, congratulations on getting off the mark.

You sure have it in for Sanctuary Lakes.
I am sure whoever their appointed committee is will resolve any of these off filed issues.
I would also hope you will be as impartial with your comments should any other scandals arise in other clubs in 2013.

L

Like all the kids you's got from Carloine Springs Juniors ?
name what kids you are talking about who manor lakes "poached" from caro?? mate if you do the math caroline springs is a 30 minute drive without peak hour traffic from manor lakes?? so tell me why these parents of the so called poached kids would drive from carolinhe springs all the way to wyndhamve for their kids to play junior footy? trust me with the way society is going not many parents would drive that far for their kids to have a game of footy? nonetheless we dont even have a player from caro playing seniors with us anyway, blain berriman came down and loved the place, he said to me that there was a much better atmosphere down here but wanted to commit to rugby league solely this year as he was playing both last yr.... and some other ******* came down at the start of pre season but he stayed and was playing for you guys rnd1 against the vales... so instead of piping us every three or four pages saying ml stole all of your juniors i thought i would clear it up for you... also we are playing glen orden on the sunday mothers day which you would think will be match of the round IF both teams remain unbeaten, which also gives some people who are making accusations about both glen orden and manor lakes (fair or unfair) a chance to come down and watch some cracking local footy and have a few cheeky froffs on the sidelines...

going to have a crack at a game by game preview hope you all enjoy the reading.

Glen orden vs albanvale.
After last weeks first real test for albanvale up against caro it doesnt get any easier for the cobras, they face a red hot glen orden who will be keen to put them back in their place. personally i believe albanvale will put up more of a fight (or kick straighter) than what they did against caro, but i think glen orden will keep them well out of arms reach to win by 65-70. i know i said they will play better but with the oppostion being of much better quality that is the reason for my margin.

Ml vs Caroline springs.
This looms as the lakes first real test in the clubs debut season, caroline springs have put up solid efforts against the better sides, so i think we will know more about ml after the match. in saying that you can only beat who you have been put up against which ml have been doing consistently. i think that there will be a bit of pepper in the match with a hint of a jealous streak from cs because of the bright start the newcomer has had compared to the hard work and struggle that the boys down caroline springs boulevard have endured over their first few seasons to date. I have watched both teams and i believe that manor lakes big bodies mixed with their ability to run and spread will get the better of cs and manor lakes to win by 30-40 points.

north sunshine v braybrook.
This looms as a must win match for both teams. Not in regard to finals because i dont believe either team can play at the pointy end of the season, in saying that we all saw what getting a win can do for players when the road runners overcame laverton two weeks back. Maybe it was a case of a win-hangover which left nths running out of steam against a determined SL last week, but nths have infact added a fair bit of tall timber and a couple handy players to their list to at least give some competitveness to them with the teams around them. Braybrook were poor last week against a goal rampaging ML last week on anzac day. But they finished off well in the last to save face a little bit, in my opinion they arent in the same sceanrio or any where near it for that matter. bombers by 45.

Parkside v.s Wyndhamvale.
match of the round! this will be a cracker! parkside have looked excellent this year only stumbling to the rampaging glen orden a few weeks back, and they quickly changed things last week to rejoin the winners list. parkside have what it takes to go all the way this year, but they do need alot of things to go right for them. on the other hand we have wyndhamvale who just like parkside have only lost to glen orden, also they seem to grow a foot when they play parkside and always put up a brilliant effort. But always falling short by 1,2 or 3 goals. This would be driving luke dennerly nuts i imagine, and he would have been preaching this all week to his young charges, who what they lack in height make up for in heart. the forecast of 19 and showers can work into the vales favour i believe as long as they hold onto the ball a touch longer coming out of their back 50, their style of looking to switch the play at every opportunity last year seems to still be the basis of their gameplan, but i believe they havn't been using it as much to get out of trouble with. Last yr opposition hff's in the better teams were awake to this and pressured the vales wing and hbf's to create turnovers resulting in goals. The addition of a target up forward in O'shea has straightened them up for a more direct style, to be honest i cant really seperate the teams and im going to go with an upset of the vales winning by 1-6.

sunshine heights vs west footscray.
this will be a non event with sunshine heights coming down from divvi 1 to show good form bouncing back in division 2, i have previously stated that i feel they are about 10 goals off the top sides, but they will give wests a lesson to win by 140+

Sanctuary lakes v.s laverton
watching laverton last week was like watching the walking wounded, they lost 2 early in the match against the vales, and played without a bench from half time onwards. the scoreboard doesnt reflect in but for about 1 & 1/2 quarters they were not too bad. The challenge for laverton will be to get some of their better players like aaron driver and mikka lindsay on the park. Paone was back last week but looked a shadow of himself. Sanctuary lakes will be keen to stay on the winners list and to keep the ball rolling, and will have no worries kicking laverton while they are down considering they themselves have been self confessed bullied child of the competition. i would expect plenty of people in the crowd for this one being so close in the vicinity of each other with abuse flowing from the crowd like the old F.D.F.L days. zurek a former laverton junior should have a day out and kick 10+ and SL to win by 100.

well that was longer than i thought it would be hope you all enjoyed :)

going to have a crack at a game by game preview hope you all enjoy the reading.

Glen orden vs albanvale.
After last weeks first real test for albanvale up against caro it doesnt get any easier for the cobras, they face a red hot glen orden who will be keen to put them back in their place. personally i believe albanvale will put up more of a fight (or kick straighter) than what they did against caro, but i think glen orden will keep them well out of arms reach to win by 65-70. i know i said they will play better but with the oppostion being of much better quality that is the reason for my margin.

Ml vs Caroline springs.
This looms as the lakes first real test in the clubs debut season, caroline springs have put up solid efforts against the better sides, so i think we will know more about ml after the match. in saying that you can only beat who you have been put up against which ml have been doing consistently. i think that there will be a bit of pepper in the match with a hint of a jealous streak from cs because of the bright start the newcomer has had compared to the hard work and struggle that the boys down caroline springs boulevard have endured over their first few seasons to date. I have watched both teams and i believe that manor lakes big bodies mixed with their ability to run and spread will get the better of cs and manor lakes to win by 30-40 points.

north sunshine v braybrook.
This looms as a must win match for both teams. Not in regard to finals because i dont believe either team can play at the pointy end of the season, in saying that we all saw what getting a win can do for players when the road runners overcame laverton two weeks back. Maybe it was a case of a win-hangover which left nths running out of steam against a determined SL last week, but nths have infact added a fair bit of tall timber and a couple handy players to their list to at least give some competitveness to them with the teams around them. Braybrook were poor last week against a goal rampaging ML last week on anzac day. But they finished off well in the last to save face a little bit, in my opinion they arent in the same sceanrio or any where near it for that matter. bombers by 45.

Parkside v.s Wyndhamvale.
match of the round! this will be a cracker! parkside have looked excellent this year only stumbling to the rampaging glen orden a few weeks back, and they quickly changed things last week to rejoin the winners list. parkside have what it takes to go all the way this year, but they do need alot of things to go right for them. on the other hand we have wyndhamvale who just like parkside have only lost to glen orden, also they seem to grow a foot when they play parkside and always put up a brilliant effort. But always falling short by 1,2 or 3 goals. This would be driving luke dennerly nuts i imagine, and he would have been preaching this all week to his young charges, who what they lack in height make up for in heart. the forecast of 19 and showers can work into the vales favour i believe as long as they hold onto the ball a touch longer coming out of their back 50, their style of looking to switch the play at every opportunity last year seems to still be the basis of their gameplan, but i believe they havn't been using it as much to get out of trouble with. Last yr opposition hff's in the better teams were awake to this and pressured the vales wing and hbf's to create turnovers resulting in goals. The addition of a target up forward in O'shea has straightened them up for a more direct style, to be honest i cant really seperate the teams and im going to go with an upset of the vales winning by 1-6.

sunshine heights vs west footscray.
this will be a non event with sunshine heights coming down from divvi 1 to show good form bouncing back in division 2, i have previously stated that i feel they are about 10 goals off the top sides, but they will give wests a lesson to win by 140+

Sanctuary lakes v.s laverton
watching laverton last week was like watching the walking wounded, they lost 2 early in the match against the vales, and played without a bench from half time onwards. the scoreboard doesnt reflect in but for about 1 & 1/2 quarters they were not too bad. The challenge for laverton will be to get some of their better players like aaron driver and mikka lindsay on the park. Paone was back last week but looked a shadow of himself. Sanctuary lakes will be keen to stay on the winners list and to keep the ball rolling, and will have no worries kicking laverton while they are down considering they themselves have been self confessed bullied child of the competition. i would expect plenty of people in the crowd for this one being so close in the vicinity of each other with abuse flowing from the crowd like the old F.D.F.L days. zurek a former laverton junior should have a day out and kick 10+ and SL to win by 100.

well that was longer than i thought it would be hope you all enjoyed :)

fantastic Preview. really enjoyed the read.

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back