WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Paulie2405 before posting make sure you get the facts right.
"Tough enough to hunt down a group of 18 yr old kids at a pub" you should know that no ML footballer or any member were involved Sanctuary lakes boys took on point cook boys at this pub, but nice try the only fool was you in this regards. As for ML president gotta give that bloke credit helping build a club that has been pretty competitive this year regardless of what resources it has taken is great for this new club.
Apart from being wrong BigBoy, you've missed the point. The blokes who went to SL Hotel were at the Manor Lakes game prior to going to pub and are definitely ML supporters. They may live in or near Point Cook, but they aren't from that club.

As for my post, you've failed to recognise how thin skinned the ML people are in their response to a very old joke ... About being called Money Lakes. The president has done a great job, but he's also incited a lot of crap from the ML supporters and a lot of threats of violence. Why hasn't he removed from the ML page after demanding it be taken off SL's page? Wonder when he's gonna contact Big Footy and demand any reference to Money Lakes be removed? Maybe it's just that the truth hurts and having built a senior team based on match payments, and now struggling to get sponsors to pay up, ML is feeling the pinch?

Let's all give Manor Lakes a cuddle and stop saying anything nasty to them. Thin skinned and sooky la las.

Game day is upon us.

Best weather all season.

Tips?

Wyndhamvale to beat Braybrook by 75
Caroline Springs to beat West Footscray by 40
Glenorden to beat Laverton by potentially a cricket score. Literally.
Manor lakes to beat Albanvale by 85.
Sunshine heights to beat Sunshine by 100.
Parkside to beat Sancturay lakes by 100.

Oh & for joejoe, once again his boys "Ooze" & "Ooze" to kick 10+

;)

*ALERT*
Been told that the timekeeper cards, along with Div 1,2 and 18's have also got Div 3 on them.
Could it be that when WRFL had to print off new cards that they thought "ah stuff it....let's print enough for next year as well."? Does it suggest that Div3 is definitely up next year? Should the struggling Div2 clubs be shaking in their boots coz they're in the crosshairs of the WRFL? :eek:

I'm hearing the class acts from Manor Lakes were in a fight after an under 10s game today and police were called? Surely not? Surely the parents who cry about being called Money Lakes wouldn't do something like that? Wonder if AFL Vic will get involved in this one? I'm sure there will be excuses and it will have been someone else's fault.

*ALERT*
Been told that the timekeeper cards, along with Div 1,2 and 18's have also got Div 3 on them.
Could it be that when WRFL had to print off new cards that they thought "ah stuff it....let's print enough for next year as well."? Does it suggest that Div3 is definitely up next year? Should the struggling Div2 clubs be shaking in their boots coz they're in the crosshairs of the WRFL? :eek:

Or should they be happy that they won't cop floggings, and actually enjoy some wins ?
I really don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, I thought it would help struggling clubs survive, wins are good for
Morale,what ever division it is.
The 18's are a worry, should there be u/17's and u/19's ?

I'm hearing the class acts from Manor Lakes were in a fight after an under 10s game today and police were called? Surely not? Surely the parents who cry about being called Money Lakes wouldn't do something like that? Wonder if AFL Vic will get involved in this one? I'm sure there will be excuses and it will have been someone else's fault.

Don't worry Paulie, hearing there were less punches thrown than Sanctuary Lakes kicked goals on the weekend.

Storm in a Codys Cafe tea cup.

Or should they be happy that they won't cop floggings, and actually enjoy some wins ?
I really don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, I thought it would help struggling clubs survive, wins are good for
Morale,what ever division it is.
The 18's are a worry, should there be u/17's and u/19's ?
The clubs aren't keen Haz. They're a bit worried about recruits not going to Div 3 clubs, standout juniors going to cashed up div 2 clubs etc. I see both arguments.
As for u17s and 19s, why bother with the 19s? Chuck em straight into snr footy after u17's and get them playing against men earlier, toughen em up a bit. Haha. Nah, not sure what the answer is with this one.

I'm only an occasional reader of these boards, but you need to build a bridge. Put a bit of concrete in your coco pops every morning.

The clubs aren't keen Haz. They're a bit worried about recruits not going to Div 3 clubs, ,

Plenty of blokes will want to be the big fish in the small pond.. Will actually make it easier to recruit if they aren't going to be belted by 100+ point every week.
Lots of players running around in "div 3" of the edfl that should be playing at a higher level

Lots of players running around in "div 3" of the edfl that should be playing at a higher level

You will get that everywhere, blokes wanna play with their mates or just want to play at a competitive level but not take it as serious as those in say EDFL Premier Division etc.
3 Divisions would be great, perhaps even Instead of practise matches host 4 games "grading" etc or something along the lines.

Plenty of blokes will want to be the big fish in the small pond.. Will actually make it easier to recruit if they aren't going to be belted by 100+ point every week.
Are those big fish going to turn into minnows once a club has to step up after winning a Div3 flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm that Werribee district Amos had a meeting on Wednesday night discussing and agreeing to rejoin their senior football teams into the wrfl for season 2014? Apparently they want to stay in the Amos but feel that to keep players they need to join wrfl as they are over having their players leave for cash or location to other local clubs. Obviously this would have to be passed by wrfl but my information is that they will only come across if they go into div1? My question is where does that leave promotion and relegation for next year.
IMO it is probably a good choice for Amos as they do find it hard to keep players when they can walk up the road or pick from any number of clubs play locally and get some pocket money... But on a recruiting hand it will make it hard for me to steal their players and it gives them a chance to get some players back as they have large money in the bank and can go wham next year in offers for players.
Anyway is this true and what are people's thoughts.
Go vales

Can anyone confirm that Werribee district Amos had a meeting on Wednesday night discussing and agreeing to rejoin their senior football teams into the wrfl for season 2014? Apparently they want to stay in the Amos but feel that to keep players they need to join wrfl as they are over having their players leave for cash or location to other local clubs. Obviously this would have to be passed by wrfl but my information is that they will only come across if they go into div1? My question is where does that leave promotion and relegation for next year.
IMO it is probably a good choice for Amos as they do find it hard to keep players when they can walk up the road or pick from any number of clubs play locally and get some pocket money... But on a recruiting hand it will make it hard for me to steal their players and it gives them a chance to get some players back as they have large money in the bank and can go wham next year in offers for players.
Go vales
Hearing other options would be preferred than the WRFL.

Hearing other options would be preferred than the WRFL.
Go vales
They can do what they please however div 2 is where they would be, over 15 of their better players left to come to G.O.F.C

Tips for this weekend guys..

Werribee Districts would not be Division 1 standard. Glenorden would easily account for them, which should be the measure at this time in my opinion. It would be good to have them in the WRFL all the same and hopefully it pans out that way reflecting the continous expanding league through the Werribee region. Hopefully the continous population growth through to the Melton region allows them clubs to embrace a truly Western based competition. I would be an advocate for Melton & Melton South to come into Division 1 making a twelve team competition, with the Division 2 Premier to come up and bottom of the ladder to go down. My club played them both this year in practice matches and they would be more than able to compete.

Playing Caroline Spings, Hillside, Burnside Heights, etc would be more tempting then travelling to Sebastapol mid winter. That is many years down the track but a long term strategy the league should not be dwelling over, but making happen.

You know that they are in VAFA B Grade right? Yeah - on the bottom with there leading goalkicker on 11 and because as mentioned a number of their better players moved to other clubs due to the travel. Some of there better players are ex-wrfl players who were fringe senior / reserves in Divvy 1.

They would be competitive (at least) in Div 1 and would wipe the floor with most if not all of Div 2. Your entitled to an opinion

LOL. You name me their best players from last 3 years, "MOST IF NOT ALL ARE IN DIV 2" @ Glenorden haha
Will most if not all of the best players play Div 1 WRFL after Orden win the flag this year?
Also read an article where Diker said that recruitment may not be over yet? (Ends today?)Does that mean that some of the 15 better players poached from Werribee will be in the magoos?

^ hahaha.. Time will tell bloke!

Tips:
Parkside to beat Braybrook by 100+
Wyndhamvale to beat Caro by 100+
Manor Lakes to beat Lavo by 100+
Sunshine Heights to beat Sanc by 100+
Glenorden to beat Wests by 100+
Albanvale to beat Nth. Sun by 100+

Ripper of a round! haha

^ hahaha.. Time will tell bloke!

Tips:
Parkside to beat Braybrook by 100+
Wyndhamvale to beat Caro by 100+
Manor Lakes to beat Lavo by 100+
Sunshine Heights to beat Sanc by 100+
Glenorden to beat Wests by 100+
Albanvale to beat Nth. Sun by 100+

Ripper of a round! haha
Enjoy playing on the old tip this arvo. Should be able to snag a couple from the backline. You'll beat em by 40 goals. Just look out for the car boots and skeletons that occasionally rise out of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back