WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you are the Number 1 man on this thread I'll take ur advice and have a spell. My next post will be in exactly 7 days when i get on to post my thoughts on the We$t v Heights Granny. :D

Great win by the MIGHTY DRAGONS today. Well done to the Devils... a good honest team.

WE$T will be in for the shock of their lives next week. All the pressure is on them... imagine losing the big one after being undefeated all year. Can already see the YOUNGER, FITTER, MATCH HARDENED dragons over running the OLD, UNFIT roosters who have only played 3 games in 49 days:thumbsu::thumbsu:

GEMINI... you made a goose of yourself today.... you now have a target on your back. Fancy being paid $200 a week to take the kick outs.

Watched the game between Sunshine Heights and North Footscray. It was a good game to watch the whole way through with Sunshine Heights too good in the end to win by 5 goals to win them their well deserved spot in the grand final next week. Well done!

North Footscray did well throughout the day to remain in it most of the time and give us a great game to watch. Well done too.

Sunshine Heights best players looked like an even spread as it looked like all players contributed, which is what you want as it is a 'team' game.

I would have to say I (along with everyone else) am very much looking forward to the grand final next week Even though most would say West might look to be the favourites - reality is, when it comes to the grand final, it is a whole different ball game. Different ground... West had a week off - could be an advantage or disadvantage... It could be anyones, as both teams want it so bad. I believe Sunshine Heights will give West more than they bargain for. I have said this all year and I will say it again... Sunshine Heights are a stronger, fitter, harder at the ball side than West.

The monkey will put his money on Sunshine Heights for next week.

What are anyone else's thoughts?

if heights are a stronger fitter harder at the ball side than west what the hell happened the week before.......west made heights look soft in all aspects of football last week......and it made the young blokes go into their shells......which all of us know cant happen in the big 1........plain and simple west are too strong and have the mentle edge im tipping alot of soul serching down at heights this week to try to come up with positives from last time they played west.........funny thing is though it will be all negative.........

anyway well done heights good win and the devils put up a good performace as well.........mad monday for the devils......a grand final for heights 2 best teams in the comp which was on the cards good luck and may the BEST team win........

if heights are a stronger fitter harder at the ball side than west what the hell happened the week before.......west made heights look soft in all aspects of football last week......and it made the young blokes go into their shells......which all of us know cant happen in the big 1........plain and simple west are too strong and have the mentle edge im tipping alot of soul serching down at heights this week to try to come up with positives from last time they played west.........funny thing is though it will be all negative.........

anyway well done heights good win and the devils put up a good performace as well.........mad monday for the devils......a grand final for heights 2 best teams in the comp which was on the cards good luck and may the BEST team win........

You made it Heights.....well done....hopefully you'll have a bit more respect than your 2s....what a disgrace....Where's Mizzi?....

I think you'll be in for a surprise mate! Younger blokes will have a mental edge when it comes to a grand final that is wanted so badly. And you can always find positives no matter what. As I said different ground, week off, anything CAN happen and WILL happen. So let's just wait and see hey...

You made it Heights.....well done....hopefully you'll have a bit more respect than your 2s....what a disgrace....Where's Mizzi?....

If you know everything which it seems you claim to do then you will know where he is...or was...or whichever it is.....

It seems you are a big one to talk the talk but if u were such a big man then you would have come out yesterday & made it clear to the heights supporters who u are.....

Football is a funny game & strange things happen.....just remember that

obe1 im a realist....i think anyway....lol
yer i didnt follow and i have stated that due to family reasons(otherwise the missus has got me by the balls)hahahaha it gets a bit like that when you have a young family and arnt home tues wed thurs fri sat and sun for 12 months of the year......love my cricket more......

my club finished where i said they would......

watched the game today obe1 i thought it was a game of turnovers and was played wide of the corridoor.....a little tip from what i seen gotta use the middle of the ground.....even though spotty were 4 goals up i knew u guys would come back and did......got it back to 2 points in the last but a fair goal from molan sealed your fate.....anyway double chance and you 2 teams will meet again this year.......

2 footy trips ive asked about it the person in question didnt know:confused:

u claim to not be around the club for family reasons but u watch everybody else every other week wots the go with that?

i also heard there was some refernce to the 'taylors boys' on the 'deer park boys' footy trip tops??? sounds like trouble if u ask me.....

if wests do win the gf this year and go up maybe a few of their older players could be a target for the parkers u like older ppl down there dont u???

Ahh what a wonderful day it is :)

Grand Final week and the mighty Dragons still amongst it. Who would have thought :rolleyes: - WHIPPETY BOY you were on us from pe season well done to you.

Good effort by the North Foots pres after the game to come in and say a few words. Hopefully that helps in stopping any of the off field crap between the 2 clubs. It was a good game to watch and the devils look like they will be a good team for a few years to come. 9, 5, 4 and 19 will all be good players.

A few biq questions to be answered this week...

Will Lane play? Of course he will. Possibly the most selfish player to play the game. Will play regardless of how fit he is

Will INELLA get a HARDBALL? NO CHANCE... Unless there is a PIE stuck to it

Will GEMENI put his hand out to collect his $200 for taking the kick outs? More than likely. He has done it all year so why stop now.

Will Ziggy hold on to the ball for every possible second to make sure that the crowd is ooking at him? we all know the answer to that one....

I went to the game yesterday at Yarraville as a impartial viewer and was impressed by a couple of things.

I thought the bloke on the wing for the Devils ... Dweeb ? Was pretty good at winning the hard pill when it was in dispute.

Chris Lock did a reasonable job on Greto especially early on when he was left one out in the arc on him. But exposed him when moved into the midfield.

Also I decided to go to the Heights huddle at the breaks and found that 'Bomber' made a lot of sense with his instructions. They were complex enough without being confusing. :thumbsu: . I think if Heights wins on the weekend he (Bomber) could do a reasonable job in Divvy one providing he has the necessary cattle on the park.

Think i will be tipping wests this week as the last time these two met alot of heights ppl jumping on big footy boasting about how good they are going to be and also bagging the opposition (which seems to be happening again this week)...... thought you would have learnt your lesson but obviously you cant help yourselves...... why dont you leave the boasting and potting other players until after you ACTUALLY beat wests????? hope you prove me wrong as you have some young players who deserve a win for their loyalty to your club (when they could be elsewhere).

I'd just like to say best of luck to the Nth boys tomorrow...... Sunny Heights are again going into the game with plenty of confidence (as they should) but from a personal note I hope North get up which we all know they can. .....

Bad luck with that champ... u don't always get what you want :thumbsu:

Think i will be tipping wests this week as the last time these two met alot of heights ppl jumping on big footy boasting about how good they are going to be and also bagging the opposition (which seems to be happening again this week)...... thought you would have learnt your lesson but obviously you cant help yourselves...... why dont you leave the boasting and potting other players until after you ACTUALLY beat wests????? hope you prove me wrong as you have some young players who deserve a win for their loyalty to your club (when they could be elsewhere).

Doesn't really matter what Gooses like me write on Big Footy. Has absolutely no influence on the result of the game.:thumbsu:

Do agree with your last comment though... Perhaps LOYALTY and PASSION for the club may have some sort of influence over the result this week. I know who has the edge in those areas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what are ppls thoughts playing at chirnside for the granny only??? would you rather play at yarraville (as it is easier for supporters to get to) i would say that ground size that chirnside isnt that much bigger although the surface is great would just like thoughts on whether its a good thing having all finals at yarra and altona and just the one at chirnside????

Wondering if anyone (Borgsta) knows when the umpires are picked for this weeks games. Must say that it was a pleasure to not notice the men in white on the weekend. Umpires were Cryer and O Donnel. Both did a top job. Payed the ones that were there and din't get sucked in to the players that were playing for kicks.

Wondering if anyone (Borgsta) knows when the umpires are picked for this weeks games. Must say that it was a pleasure to not notice the men in white on the weekend. Umpires were Cryer and O Donnel. Both did a top job. Payed the ones that were there and din't get sucked in to the players that were playing for kicks.

Dear all,

If anyone would like to know, the umpire's appointment night is being held on Wednesday this week. ALL appointments should be finalised by then.
If anyone would like to know the appointment results, pm me and I can enlighten you.

If you would like to know the rankings and structure of it all, I can also enlighten you.

Good luck to West and Heights on what should be an enthralling contest in the Div 2 Grand Final.

Regards

Borgy.

Why dont we talk about how sundays game is going to be won or lost? All this spruking is great reading but like gbf50 said it has no effect on the result. Where are heights going to make up the difference from the semi, 40points?? is nothing to be sneezed at but for them to beat west they are going to have to find a way of making up the difference, wheather that is restrict wests scoring or scoring more themselves. Do they have to play a bit of keepings off and limit supply to wests forwards?? Just wondering without to much biast where everyone thinks the game will be won or lost, that all.

Good luck to both teams this weekend in the division 2 grand final but i think that either team will really struggle in division 1 next year because you guys just dont have the cattle. It is a massive jump up to division 1 and either side will feel the pressure next year.

Good luck to both teams this weekend in the division 2 grand final but i think that either team will really struggle in division 1 next year because you guys just dont have the cattle. It is a massive jump up to division 1 and either side will feel the pressure next year.

Agree with that but it's a small price to pay for a FLAG:thumbsu:

Why dont we talk about how sundays game is going to be won or lost? All this spruking is great reading but like gbf50 said it has no effect on the result. Where are heights going to make up the difference from the semi, 40points?? is nothing to be sneezed at but for them to beat west they are going to have to find a way of making up the difference, wheather that is restrict wests scoring or scoring more themselves. Do they have to play a bit of keepings off and limit supply to wests forwards?? Just wondering without to much biast where everyone thinks the game will be won or lost, that all.

Heights will have to pull something out of the bag.... we$t have played them and won twice so as long as they stick to the plan they have followed all year they SHOULD win...... in saying that I beleive that the Dragons will be able to find something extra to get them across the line.... may be structure/tactics/ or perhaps a piece of individual brilliance.

May also just end up a case of We$t freezing up. You would have to think that all the pressure is on them this week. I am sure that they have all had thoughts of how SILLY they would look losing the one that counts... especially after Bones has made no secret of the fact that they are paying $40 000 this year.

Heights will have to pull something out of the bag.... we$t have played them and won twice so as long as they stick to the plan they have followed all year they SHOULD win...... in saying that I beleive that the Dragons will be able to find something extra to get them across the line.... may be structure/tactics/ or perhaps a piece of individual brilliance.

May also just end up a case of We$t freezing up. You would have to think that all the pressure is on them this week. I am sure that they have all had thoughts of how SILLY they would look losing the one that counts... especially after Bones has made no secret of the fact that they are paying $40 000 this year.

Surely heights wouldnt go in to the game, and there plan would be to wait for west to freeze up!! just geeing you up. It just seems to me that heights will have to pull something out of the bag to get over the line against there more fancied opponents. But hopefully it will be a cracking game and not a blow out.

Surely heights wouldnt go in to the game, and there plan would be to wait for west to freeze up!! just geeing you up. It just seems to me that heights will have to pull something out of the bag to get over the line against there more fancied opponents. But hopefully it will be a cracking game and not a blow out.

West are favourites and all the pressure is on them. They know we are a chance at winning the game. Last encounter we had many players down and still had almost 30 shots at goal. Football is a funny game, a few shots go through early and the scoreboard pressure starts. Heights won't be waiting for anyone to freeze. We are full strength, seen Wests cards in the semi (why would you change things that worked). Heights haven't even opened their deck yet. Bring on Sunday it should be a ripper. I am glad we have played through because with a side aged as we have they could play 3 games a week and still be fresh. Wests injuries have healed but will 3 games in 49 days be a factor, maybe, maybe not. One thing that is for sure West are looking over their shoulder big time. Imagine being undefeated and losing the grand final.

I'd just like to say best of luck to the Nth boys tomorrow...... Sunny Heights are again going into the game with plenty of confidence (as they should) but from a personal note I hope North get up which we all know they can. They managed to get over SH the last time they copped a footy lession from West so lets hope history repeats itself.

Like Nth Melbourne were hoping Carlton won the 1999 Preliminary against Essendon. Wonder why. Go dragons.

Do you think you might get a tip right in the finals. Keep tipping against us because you are bringing us luck.

Well done to Nth Footscray on their season and well done to their coach Dave. I think he got the most out of them. A good honest team of goers who made us work right til the end of the game. Was a fast and hard game of football typical of a final. Well done as GBF said with their president coming in and saying a few words.

Seems everyone that is not from West Footscray is wanting a Sunshine Heights win on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back