Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

If corrupt shits in China want what we're selling and are willing to pay for it, is it worth offending them when we're not likely to influence any outcome through our stance?

Put it this way. If I was working the register at David Jones and some old lady in MAGA gear placed expensive goods in front of me, I'd swipe her card, bag her goods, and wish her a good day.

I think that's a valid comparison.
And not a valid comparison, I wouldn’t pick a fight over her hat; but if she coughed all over the merchandise and the went to buy expensive (clean) stuff that is the comparison I think

Australian exports to China rose in the first quarter 2020. That is despite them going through the worst Of the coronavirus then.

China needs us for commodities, especially for iron ore as no other country in the world can be a complete substitute in that regard. Reduce the supply of iron ore and their economy will crash big time.

Australia has more than a strong hand in dealing with them and doesn’t have to cave in to anything.
I hope so.

Admittedly, this isn't a field I have much expertise in. I'm not a fan of the Chinese approach to many things in general btw.

is the old lady bribing pollies, imprisoning millions, stealing islands, ramming fishing boats, threatening war on a neighbour, bullying people to keep borders open costing hundreds of thousands of lives?

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The old lady was doing the same things a year back and we had no problem accepting her dirty money. If we want to make an ethical stand, why now?

Let's not get on our high horse here. Australia bullies weaker nations too, albeit to a lesser extent.

The corrupt shits get offended over nothing all the time, so I say ignore their responses as those of entitled children. A bit like “woke” people.
The response from China was entirely predictable. This is their MO.

If we want their money, we need to toe the line with diplomacy. We've chosen to accept their money and the financial boon that went with it...so?

victoria is the one state still with infection problems despite the fact it has the strongest social distancing measures. Why is that.

Victoria is doing the most testing so it's going to find more infections.

That said, the infection rate is meaningless. It's the number of people who get sick or die that matters. For example, the number of cases linked to Cedar Meats is now about 100. How many of those people have required hospitalisation?

What you deem an 'infection problem' could also be termed as a possible lifelong immunity benefit.

The old lady was doing the same things a year back and we had no problem accepting her dirty money. If we want to make an ethical stand, why now?

Let's not get on our high horse here. Australia bullies weaker nations too, albeit to a lesser extent.
A year ago, the world.was different, the risks weren't as clear , 300,000+ people were still alive, and the old.lady wasnt anywhere near as aggressive and bullying (she at least pretended to be friendly now she has made it clear she expects blind agreement)

A year ago, the world.was different, the risks weren't as clear , 300,000+ people were still alive, and the old.lady wasnt anywhere near as aggressive and bullying (she at least pretended to be friendly now she has made it clear she expects blind agreement)

The lady hasn't changed one bit. Many Asians hate China, and we're seeing why.

World coronavirus tables. They are publucally available. I have read reports of analysts running the regressions. Cant share it though due to confidentiality. Anyone can get the data and run it themselves though. Although you dont really need to. Its so obvious from just looking at the data its not funny. for example. Go look at where on a map the top 10 US states in infection rates per capita sit.
The ability of SARS-CoV-2 to effectively spread globally, suggests that seasonality cannot be considered a key modulating factor of SARS-CoV-2 transmissibility. Although warmer weather might slightly reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2, no evidence has suggested that warmer conditions will reduce the effectiveness of SARS-CoV-2 transmission to an extent that few additional interventions are needed to curb its spread. Further studies on the impact of climate variability, air pollution, and other extrinsic factors on COVID-19 transmission will need to consider population movement from locations with a high incidence, population susceptibility, and surveillance for respiratory infections. At present, policy makers must focus on reducing physical contact within communities and any COVID-19 risk predictions based on climate information alone should be interpreted with caution.

Hallelujah!

This guy could be on the money...
F9139097-76C5-4DFC-A45D-46C9E0CD816D.jpeg

That said, the infection rate is meaningless. It's the number of people who get sick or die that matters. For example, the number of cases linked to Cedar Meats is now about 100. How many of those people have required hospitalisation?

What you deem an 'infection problem' could also be termed as a possible lifelong immunity benefit.
is that firet sentence a riff on trump? Well played.

It sometimes takes weeks before an infection turns into hospitalization.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These countries are cold, these cases have Coronavirus., therefore Coronavirus likes cold weather is not scientific. Eyeballing a world map and table of cases by country is not scientific.

Antarctica is cold and Antarctica occasionally has a hole in the ozone layer above it.

My hunch is that Sars-CoV-2 wouldn't much like Antarctica when that happens.

Put it this way. If I was working the register at David Jones and some old lady in MAGA gear placed expensive goods in front of me, I'd swipe her card, bag her goods, and wish her a good day.

I think that's a valid comparison.
One of the dumbest and funniest things I've ever seen posted on this site.

Equating an elderly, right wing political supporter with the greatest communist authoritarian threat of our time.

You are an absolute ideological hack.

Equating an elderly, right wing political supporter with the greatest communist authoritarian threat of our time.

...................and in a discussion purportedly about a world wide viral pandemic!!!

Regardless of the testing numbers for Victoria, those 100 from Cedar meats were always going to test positive. That number could have been seriously reduced if it was acted upon early by the powers that be.

Yes, while no one has died or been seriously ill from that cluster (I think), there is always the possibility that those workers pass it on to elderly parents, etc and the death toll starts increasing again.

Jesus...ouch. That truth hurts.

The response from China was entirely predictable. This is their MO.

If we want their money, we need to toe the line with diplomacy. We've chosen to accept their money and the financial boon that went with it...so?
Or we just go **** it and the business people continue to buy anyway.

Last edited:
Some big problems in Africa emerging. Tanzania has stopped reporting, Nigerian govt in denial for most of April, very low testing rates, two weeks for results, hospitals refusing patients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back