WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s an odd cat, but definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. Also down to earth in the sense he wants to communicate with those that support him.

It sounds like his heart issues post Covid were potentially linked to Covid, which is downright scary since he thought he had recovered.
Maybe not, but a very remarkable coincidence if not.

Hopefully he can beat the lingering effects of Covid, and also beat the road blocks Vince puts in his way due to not being the bodybuilder bodytype Vince drips over

What did others think of the Roman v cena face off? Pretty standard Cena promo, including the *insert breaking kayfabe jab to show we’re super serious*.
missionary Nikki Bella v Dean Ambrose being forced out (a bit of a slap in the face to John/AEW).

Haha that finish to street profits vs otis and gable was like the old Smackdown v Raw games where you’d be fighting in a tag match, and woudln’t be able to break up a pin because you were stuck in the middle of a long-animated move.

What did others think of the Roman v cena face off? Pretty standard Cena promo, including the *insert breaking kayfabe jab to show we’re super serious*.
missionary Nikki Bella v Dean Ambrose being forced out (a bit of a slap in the face to John/AEW).
My issue with Cena breaking kayfabe is when he bangs on about Roman being protected , fair enough if it's someone other than Cena saying it but when it's Cena it just makes me cringe because he's been one of the most protected guys in the companies history.

The face to face has shown how much Romam has grown on the mic since their face off years ago when Roman had a that freeze moment.

My issue with Cena breaking kayfabe is when he bangs on about Roman being protected , fair enough if it's someone other than Cena saying it but when it's Cena it just makes me cringe because he's been one of the most protected guys in the companies history.

The face to face has shown how much Romam has grown on the mic since their face off years ago when Roman had a that freeze moment.

Cena was way more Protected then Reigns

I think that like WWF hogan, being kept baby face once he turned away from heel rapper (which ironically got him over), for pretty much his entire run (obviously more than Hogan) has made Cena the company’s most protected guy.

and agree, to call out Roman on his backstage pull/booking (which in itself makes absolutely no sense for wrestlers to be talking about infront of a live crowd in ring..) showed nothing but either poor writing, or complete lack of self awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Cena calling someone else protected, pot kettle etc.

Yep. And Roman in his current act needs no protecting. Simply miles more interesting and entertaining than Cena's nauseating, painful, stale as #### character has been the last 15 years or so.

and agree, to call out Roman on his backstage pull/booking (which in itself makes absolutely no sense for wrestlers to be talking about infront of a live crowd in ring..) showed nothing but either poor writing, or complete lack of self awareness.

plus it's not even original, since it's been thrown at Roman before. As fans, do we even react to "shoot" comments any more?

Didn’t think that was a great SmackDown to be honest.

I’m not really big on an opening segment being the end that story for the night. I thoroughly enjoyed the promo but not a fan of that being it for the show.

Disappointed the Usos bloodline story has sorta just faded away. We got a lot of backstage character development between the Usos and Reigns back in the Thunderdome. Seems to have just been dropped since the crowds have returned.

Was there any word on Balor? He just wasn’t there. I know they gotta sell the beat down but I’d have liked to see him on TV.

No Edge was disappointing.

Great Nakamura match, good moment him winning the title. Liked all of the Corbin stuff too. He’s been brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back