Young Gun Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell - Danyle Pearce with a stupid haircut. Doesn't belong in that list.

Probably cos it feels like he has been around a long time. You could put him in. The post wasn't "Here is my list...what do you think?"...it was give us your list. I'm guessing Beams would be in yours.

Fair enough I guess, he's been around as long as Sidebottom though.

1. Cotchin
2. Beams
3. Dangerfield
4. Fyfe
5. Bennell
6. Martin
7. Shuey
8. Sidebottom
9. Rockcliff
10. Swallow

Clearly biased towards Beams though.

1. Cotchin
2. Dangerfield
3. Beams
4. Fyfe
5. Shuey
6. Sidebottom
7. L. Jetta
8. Rockliff
9.H. Bennell
10. Ziebell

That could change quite radically from year to year. Top 10 really does a grave injustice because I could have made a list of 20 or 30 and there probably isn't a massive variance in value and appeal, a bit in terms of output though.

A few years back we started to see the next group of midfielders coming through to take over from Hird, Buckley, Havey, Voss, Cousins etc.

Now those players are closer to the end than the start of their careers - players like Bartels, Mitchell, Hayes, boomer Harvey, Judd, Hodge etc.

So if you were the list manager at your club, how would you rank the top young gun midfielders, choice 1 - 10? 1 being your first choice for your club.

Here's mine,

1. Dangerfield
2. Martin
3. Hannebury
4. Cotchin
5. Sidebottom
6. Fyfe
7. Heppell
8. Zeibell
9. D.Swallow
10. Steven
Has Marc Murphy died ?

That could change quite radically from year to year. Top 10 really does a grave injustice because I could have made a list of 20 or 30 and there probably isn't a massive variance in value and appeal, a bit in terms of output though.

This is what list managers have to go through every year. There is what is in front of your eyes - then there is what you think it will look like in 5 years time. And you have to pick a player out of a list of 100+.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was no age put on. If Murphy is in then that opens the door for Josh Kennedy, Andrew Swallow, Kiren Jack etc
well reading the Op's original post he infers the next group following on from the Harveys Judds Blacks etc etc so common logic would mean the next group of star midfielders which would include Murphy Watson Swallow etc

There was no age put on. If Murphy is in then that opens the door for Josh Kennedy, Andrew Swallow, Kiren Jack etc

Yeah I would see Murphy as pretty established and in the next rung up. Dayne Beams too for that matter although reviewing his stats he hasn't played quite as many games as I thought.

Yeah I would see Murphy as pretty established and in the next rung up. Dayne Beams too for that matter although reviewing his stats he hasn't played quite as many games as I thought.

WTF mate.... Just set a draft year and get this show on the road!!! From what you've listed i'd say 2008 is as good as place as any!!

well reading the Op's original post he infers the next group following on from the Harveys Judds Blacks etc etc so common logic would mean the next group of star midfielders which would include Murphy Watson Swallow etc

I think these players are established stars already. Watson is 27.

Beams was recruited in the same draft as Sidebottom. Not sure what you're on about.

Mate I didn't do a forensic review before I did the list. I said twice already it was my PERCEPTION that Beams had been around longer. Do you know what perception means?

He could be in your list and I am not going to argue against it. It is not an exact science and you should not lose anymore sleep over it.

OP could have saved himself some time and made a thread 'Jack Steven is a young gun' because it seems that was obviously the aim.

Personally, I wouldn't even pick Steven ahead of Jarryd Blair

Mate I didn't do a forensic review before I did the list. I said twice already it was my PERCEPTION that Beams had been around longer. Do you know what perception means?

He could be in your list and I am not going to argue against it. It is not an exact science and you should not lose anymore sleep over it.
lol. Fair enough. Personally I try not to make statements without informing myself first. It has a tendency to make people question your credentials but I guess that's your right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Young Gun Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back