FF: Ricciuto, Welsh, Bode
CHF: Burton, McGregor, Reilly
C: Mattner, Thompson, Van Berlo
CHB: McLeod, Bock, Bassett
FB: Torney, Rutten, Johncock
R: Hudson, Goodwin, Edwards
Int: Meesen, Mattner, Doughty, Shirley

Emg: Pfeiffer, Douglas, Stevens

• Pfeiffer replacing Torney/Johncock/McLeod in defence if one of the mentioned is injured.
• Douglas/Porplyzia replacing one of the midfielders if there is an injury.
• Stevens replacing one of the KPP’s if injured.

Drummond said:

• Pfeiffer replacing Torney/Johncock/McLeod in defence if one of the mentioned is injured.
If McGregor is still as slow as he is, he will get killed as a CHB. He will only succeed in that position if He gets more mobile and reads the play VERY VERY VERY well. THat is why Whitnall plays CHB so well.. he has awwsome footy smarts and reads the play brilliantly. I doubt McGregor has those smarts in him. He's smart but not very very very smart. Stevens at CHB would be a better choice.

Assuming that Biglands needs a reconstruction...

F: 32. Mark Ricciuto _ 16. Ken McGregor _ 10. Matthew Bode
HF: 24. Brett Burton _ 22. Ian Perrie _ 17. Scott Welsh
C: 7. Nathan Van Berlo _ 12. Robert Shirley _ 39. Martin Mattner
HB: 23. Andrew McLeod _ 44. Nathan Bock _ 36. Simon Goodwin
B: 15. Jason Torney _ 25. Ben Rutten _ 8. Nathan Bassett
1R: 13. Ben Hudson _ 9. Tyson Edwards _ 18. Graham Johncock

INT: This gets a bit tricky because there are a lot of players that would be walk up starts like Scott Thompson but there must be a rotation of youngsters through the midfield. Obviously we can't play all of Douglas, Porplyzia, Knights, Pfeiffer and Vince at the same time but there should be a rotation where each and every one of those gets a handful of games. Form and inuries will play a major role here.

crowsarethebest said:
If McGregor is still as slow as he is, he will get killed as a CHB. He will only succeed in that position if He gets more mobile and reads the play VERY VERY VERY well. THat is why Whitnall plays CHB so well.. he has awwsome footy smarts and reads the play brilliantly. I doubt McGregor has those smarts in him. He's smart but not very very very smart. Stevens at CHB would be a better choice.
Except that he picked Kenny at CHF :confused:

F: Welsh, Ricciuto, Meesen

HF: Bode, Bock, Thompson

C: Mattner, Goodwin, Burton

HB: McLeod, Stevens, van Berlo

FB: Bassett, Rutten, Johncock

R: Hudson, Edwards, Reilly

Int: Doughty, Douglas, Knights, Porps

Would anyone be surprised to see Doughty and Shirley spending a bit more time on the side next year? Both have had great years (especially Doughty) but VB looks like he will be taking the tagger number 1 role and I can't fathom Douglas and even Knights not forcing their way into the side. Knights was just starting to find real touch before he went down and Douglas, well, good kid.

Eggzoi said:
Would anyone be surprised to see Doughty and Shirley spending a bit more time on the side next year? Both have had great years (especially Doughty) but VB looks like he will be taking the tagger number 1 role and I can't fathom Douglas and even Knights not forcing their way into the side. Knights was just starting to find real touch before he went down and Douglas, well, good kid.
To be honest I’m a little worried about Knighta. We all know he has the ability to find the footy and kick a goal or two a game, but I don’t see him getting too many opportunities. He’s not very quick, which we need, and his foot skills and decision making under pressure are a massive concern. Porplyzia and Douglas have probably already overtaken him and Pfeiffer is a better prospect and should push for selection early next year.

Unfortunately I can't see room for Knights any time soon.

Round 1 2007

F: Mark Ricciuto Ken McGregor Mathew Bode

HF: Tyson Edwards Ian Perrie Scott Welsh

C: Martin Mattner Scott Thompson Brett Burton

HB: Brent Reilly Nathan Bock Andrew Mcleod

FB: Nathan Bassett Ben Rutten Graham Johncock

Ruck: Ben Hudson Simon Goodwin Robert Shirley

Interchange: Nathan Van Berlo, Richard Douglas, John Meesen, Michael Doughty

• Assuming Rhett Biglands is out for 12 months makes the limited amount of KPP even more serious so any thought I :cool: had of trading Ken McGregor not an option.

• Must give Chris Knights, Ivan Maric, Darren Pfieffer, Jason Porplyzia and Bernie Vince more game time especially in the midfield.

Drummond said:

Drummond, you picked Mattner twice!!!!

I think its a pretty good team outside of that, would probably put Douglas onto the bench instead of the 2nd Mattner.

I would put Maric in fornt of Meesen (although i haven't seen the Meese play)

And Porps is unlucky to be not getting a game

B: Bassett, Rutten, Johncock
HB: McLeod, Bock, Doughty
C: Mattner, Goodwin, Reilly
HF: Burton, Perrie, Edwards
F: Bode, Ricciuto, McGregor
R: Hudson, Thompson, van Berlo
I (from): Meesen/Maric, Douglas, Shirley, Torney, Welsh, Stevens, Porplyzia

The question that needs to be answered is will many of these sides win a premiership.

I doubt this unfortunately.

We need to use some of our picks to get a good trade for a player under 24 who is on the edge of a teams list who would help our list enormously.

Schammer may be one - he would help our midfield.

Schulz - would help our KPP.

Butler - playing well in the finals has not helped our cause to get him - he would help our midfield.

Faulkner - if Acker goes there even more reasons to return home.

If we really had some courage we would go for Bradshaw with our number 14 pick. I can assure you there would not be better players around at that time to play that position. he can take a good mark and is more reliable than Perrie et al when kicking for goal.

He is 27/ 28 so that is an issue, but if we are going to win a flag it is got to be next year. His fee may also be a problem for a salary cap.

Next year I would be moving heaven and earth to get Pav. With Ben Hart gone by then and a few other senior players looking at retirement we may have room in the cap for Pav to return.

We need to get some pace into the midfield. There are some good homegrown boys we can get. I would look at one boy who could play straight away and go for a good young kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F RICCIUTO, MCGREGOR, BODE
HF WELSH, BOCK, BURTON
C REILLY, GOODWIN, VAN BERLO
HB MCLEOD, STEVENS, JOHNCOCK
B TORNEY, RUTTEN, BASSETT
R HUDSON, THOMPSON, EDWARDS

INTERCHANGE – ANYONE FROM –

MEESEN, PERRIE, MATTNER, PORPLYZIA, DOUGLAS, BIGLANDS*, SHIRLEY, MASSIE, DOUGHTY, HART**, KNIGHTS, MARIC, VINCE, PFEIFFER

*MAY MISS 2007, WHICH MAY SPELL THE END OF HIS AFL CAREER (WILL BE 31 IN 2008)
**SHOULD RETIRE

RETIRED? – CLARKE (I DON’T THINK HE SHOULD PLAY ON, EVEN IF RHETT HAS A RECO - LET'S MOVE ON)
OUT FOR 2007 – HENTSCHEL

THE REST – SKIPWORTH (PROBABLE DELIST OR TRADE), JERICHO (SEE SKIPPY), GIBSON, GRIFFIN, HINGE, OBST

Sorry about the caps!

Stiffy_18 said:
bigman, would you move Johncock into the midfield next year?

I would certainly give him another go there. We tried to do this a couple of years ago with limitied success. But we need to make sure we have one or two there with lightning speed and toughness.

Stiffy is one option.

Dougie is another.

I would look at Campbell or Hughes from Norwood as my mature selections.

There are a lot of good young SA boys who could be taken for the quick picks - Edwards, Thomas for example. Also like the look of Ben Ross and Lachie George from Vic Country.

Like your idea of having Goody on the HBF. He could play more of his time there.

Need Roo fit and firing. He and Goody could change off the HBF at some stage of the game.

Roo could also play in the forward half for some of the game.

We need three new players in the side for next year - one must be quick and get the hard ball, one must be able to take a mark and kick a goal regularly and another must make his mark on the side. My hope is that it will be Douglas, Meeson and ????. I am not sure unless we trade where the goalkicking KPP can come from within the team.

^^^Those goal kicking KPP don't exactly grow on trees. Easier said than done but I do agree that Douglas and Meesen/Maric will be the ones that come into the side along with someone else. I wouldn't be surprised if we showed interest in some young KPP during the trade week.

Stiffy_18 said:
^^^Those goal kicking KPP don't exactly grow on trees. Easier said than done but I do agree that Douglas and Meesen/Maric will be the ones that come into the side along with someone else. I wouldn't be surprised if we showed interest in some young KPP during the trade week.

As a matter of interest Stiffy would you go for Bradshaw if he was available for Pick 14 or would you go for youth because of the age structure of our list.

bigman said:
I would look at Campbell or Hughes from Norwood as my mature selections.
Both dead set guns. Hughes will address our lack of pace, he is the quickest player I have ever seen and would give Judd and Davey a run for their money. He’s the ideal wingman; he can break the lines, has incredible pace and has terrific foot skills.

Bryce Campbell is one of the toughest players going around. Averaged about 20 possessions and 5 tackles per game and he’s clearly the best tackler I’ve seen. He also can be played up forward as he kicked 20 odd goals this year. He’s only 21, has pace, great skills, extremely courageous and has a great pair of hands. I know for a fact though that 2 teams are very interested, so if we’re going to get him we might have to take a punt.

Both would add a lot to our side, Hughes with his pace, and Campbell for his attack on the ball.

bock has proven to be a damn accurate kick for goal. i think its worth starting him up forward.

FF: Riccuito McGregor Bode
HF: Burton Bock Thompson
C: Mattner Shirley van Berlo
HB: McLeod Stevens Torney
FB: Bassett Rutten Johncock
R: Hudson Goodwin Edwards
INT: Porplyzia Doughty Maric/Meesen Reilly

*assuming biglands needs a reco
*no room for hart. retire
*no room for welsh or perrie... unless they start kickin some bags in the sanfl. at which they could maybe replace kenny or for an injury.
*douglas inline before knights.
*give scotty stevens 13 protein shakes a day over summer.

Drummond said:
Both dead set guns. Hughes will address our lack of pace, he is the quickest player I have ever seen and would give Judd and Davey a run for their money. He’s the ideal wingman; he can break the lines, has incredible pace and has terrific foot skills.

Bryce Campbell is one of the toughest players going around. Averaged about 20 possessions and 5 tackles per game and he’s clearly the best tackler I’ve seen. He also can be played up forward as he kicked 20 odd goals this year. He’s only 21, has pace, great skills, extremely courageous and has a great pair of hands. I know for a fact though that 2 teams are very interested, so if we’re going to get him we might have to take a punt.

Both would add a lot to our side, Hughes with his pace, and Campbell for his attack on the ball.

if bryce plays afl, norwood will fight westies for the spoon! he is a lock. easily up to afl standard. if the likes of massie, shirley, skipworth et al can get an afl game then bryce would not be out of place in an afl 22.

Drummond said:

I'd have Bock at CHF and Stevens at CHB, McGregor drops to the bench. Roo back to the Midfield rotation and resting up front, he could rotate with the likes of Meeson (at FF that is). Doughty as good as he's been this year may have to miss out because we need to give game time to Douglas, Porplyzia, Vince and Knights.

Which ever way you look at it, without injuries it's hard to fit everyone in and still develop the younger guys. Having been at the top for two years I think we need to be conscious that to keep the window open we will need to continue to develop our list.

Back: Johncock – Rutten - Bassett
H/Back: McLeod – Stevens - Reilly
Cent: Edwards – Doughty - Mattner
H/Fwd: Burton – Bock - Perrie
Fwd: Bode - McGregor - Ricciuto

Ruck: Hudson – Goodwin - Shirley

Bench: van Berlo – Torney - Maric or Meesen – Thompson

assumes Biggles is out

Welsh, Massie, Porps, Dougie just on the periphery

Drummond said:
To be honest I’m a little worried about Knighta. We all know he has the ability to find the footy and kick a goal or two a game, but I don’t see him getting too many opportunities. He’s not very quick, which we need, and his foot skills and decision making under pressure are a massive concern. Porplyzia and Douglas have probably already overtaken him and Pfeiffer is a better prospect and should push for selection early next year.

Unfortunately I can't see room for Knights any time soon.
The club needs to get Knights away from the Eagles IMO.....:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Your 2007 Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back