HF: Brett Burton Ian Perrie Mark Ricciuto

C: Martin Mattner Robert Shirley Nathan Van Berlo

HB: Brent Reilly Nathan Bock Tyson Edwards

FB: Nathan Bassett Ben Rutten Andrew Mcleod

Ruck: Ben Hudson Simon Goodwin Graham Johncock

Interchange: Scott Thompson, Richard Douglas, John Meesen, Jason Porplyzia

Emergency: Pfeiffer, Knights, Maric, Massie, Doughty, Torney

lincsPJ said:
bock has proven to be a damn accurate kick for goal. i think its worth starting him up forward.

FF: Riccuito McGregor Bode
HF: Burton Bock Thompson
C: Mattner Shirley van Berlo
HB: McLeod Stevens Torney
FB: Bassett Rutten Johncock
R: Hudson Goodwin Edwards
INT: Porplyzia Doughty Maric/Meesen Reilly

*assuming biglands needs a reco
*no room for hart. retire
*no room for welsh or perrie... unless they start kickin some bags in the sanfl. at which they could maybe replace kenny or for an injury.
*douglas inline before knights.
*give scotty stevens 13 protein shakes a day over summer.
Best team lineup I've seen on this thread. Can't see any changes I'd be making. Not even if Biglands IS fit.

Definitely agree with lincsPJ's line up.

Perrie & Welsh need to prove themselves.

McGregor plays better in the pocket, using his height. Roo as a leading forward.

Bock kicks goals and we are well covered at CHB.

Mattner must play midfield. Johncock & McLeod already provide enough pace out of defence for us.

Stevens is still serviceable. I'm far from his biggest fan but he has shut down Pav & Riewoldt this year amongst others.

Torney is a great player and anyone who can't see that is a fool.

I'd probably have Reilly onfield.

It'd be foolish not to expect there to be a couple injuries, so Douglas & Knights will get at least 10 games. I might even put Dougie before Porps. I'm also keen to get Pfeiffer & Vince at least 5 games this year.

bigman said:
As a matter of interest Stiffy would you go for Bradshaw if he was available for Pick 14 or would you go for youth because of the age structure of our list.

I think it would be worth definatley having a look at him, at the moment he is only 27 and would add alot to the forward structure

Adelaide Crows 2007

FF: Roo McGregor Welsh
HF: Bode Bock Burton
C: Mattner Goodwin Edwards
HB: Torney Stevens van Berlo
FB: Bassett Rutten McLeod

Ruck: Hudson Shirley Johncock

Int: Meesen Reilly Thompson Douglas

Em: Maric Porplyzia Doughty

Porps is desperately unlucky. As is Doughty, but someone has to give way to allow our young mids some gametime.

I didn't really want Welsh in there, but we need his pace in the forwardline. As long as he uses that asset by playing as a leading forward rather than trying to wrestle his opponent.

Over the next 12 months we need to find a way to get some gametime into Knights and Pfeiffer as well, as long as their form in the SANFL deserves it. Tough calls need to be made.

Burton would push up onto the wing, and run back to take hangers on Kenny's head, with Edwards around the ball apart from centre bounces.

Kenny as a FF, providing us with a long-option to the goalsquare. Welsh and Bock leading up at CHF with Roo as a leading option from FF/FP. Bode and midfielders crumbing.

Mattner should be given time in midfield, and Johncock should at least be tried. As for Stiffy's supposed aerobic deficiencies, he might not be able to run X km's in X minutes on the track, but on the footy oval he runs his ass off. Throw in the midfield rotation system which would see him get breaks he doesn't usually get, and I think he would be fine playing in the midfield.

van Berlo would again be our second stopper, and would push up into the midfield as his opponent does. Our entire back six needs to get back to provided the kind of rebound they did over the first 15 weeks of the season.

The hustle at ground level of Hudson, the strength and commitment of Shirley, and the pace and skills of Goodwin and Johncock would be a great clearance team, IMHO.

Finally some gametime for Meesen, with Maric pushing him, and a continual improvement of our non-starting midfielders like Thompson and Reilly (who both need to step UP), Douglas, Knights, Porps, Pfeiffer and Vince.

Plus we have the draft to look forward too. We've drafted fairly well the last couple of years, and should do again. Two rookies have the opportunity to be upgraded if their form deserves it as well.

Also like to see Craig adjust the training program, both pre-season and in-season. Emphasis on having players 100% fit (in terms of having no niggles) and playing, rather than at bursting point aerobically. I have faith this will improve next year. Plenty of goal kicking practice this summer as well. Work out a routine that works, and stick to it.

Bring on 2007. :thumbsu:

crows98 said:
Round 1 2007

F: Mark Ricciuto Ken McGregor Mathew Bode

HF: Tyson Edwards Ian Perrie Scott Welsh

C: Martin Mattner Scott Thompson Brett Burton

HB: Brent Reilly Nathan Bock Andrew Mcleod

FB: Nathan Bassett Ben Rutten Graham Johncock

Ruck: Ben Hudson Simon Goodwin Robert Shirley

Interchange: Nathan Van Berlo, Richard Douglas, John Meesen, Michael Doughty

[\QUOTE]

He will be unavailable as he will be playing for South Adelaide.

Macca_no1 said:
He will be unavailable as he will be playing for South Adelaide.

Very possible in that occurring :p but we wouldn’t want to be getting any more pedantic would we.:eek:

Some good teams in here.

Personally, I see Chris Knights becoming a consistent member of the side in 2007. The kid was hurt by injuries this year, and his pre-season form showed how much of a ball-magnet he is.

If he is free of injuries this summer, then we should definitely expect good things out of him.

Bode Roo Maric
Douglas Perrie Burton
Mattner Goodwin Reilly
Edwards Bock McLeod
Bassett Rutten Van Berlo

Ruck Interchange
Hudson Knights
Thompson McGregeor
Johncock Porps
Welsh

We need to get the kids some decent time on the park. If we wait for another year, they would have had next to no experience when Goodwin, Roo, Edwards and Macca retire. If we can give Douglas, Van Berlo, Porps, Knights 15 - 20 games each next year we will be better for it. Also Maric and Meeson to share back up ruck duties throughout the year. If Huddo does his knee again we may have bith of them in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Bassett, Rutten, Johncock
HB: Edwards, Stevens, Doughty
C: Mattner, Goodwin, Burton
HF: Reilly, Bock, Thompson
F: Bode, Ricciuto, Maric
R: Hudson, McLeod, Douglas
I (from): Meesen, van Berlo, Torney, Porplyzia

This is how I would like to see us line up next year. I have no issues with 3 talls, especially if they are mobile. Rotate Meesen, Maric through the ruck and forward pocket whilst Hudson is on the bench (15 minutes Huddo,5 mins to Maric and Meesen, then Huddo on for the last 5) This allows us to carry a smaller forward line in with two midfielders at the flanks next to Bocky, and Roo at FF with Bodey. Midfield rotations will increase next year, with McLeod fully fit and Johncock able to spend more time in there. There are many players I can't find room for at the moment (Shirley, KMac and Perrie amongst others) but you can only have 22.

kimirocks said:
B: Bassett, Rutten, Johncock
HB: Edwards, Stevens, Doughty
C: Mattner, Goodwin, Burton
HF: Reilly, Bock, Thompson
F: Bode, Ricciuto, Maric
R: Hudson, McLeod, Douglas
I (from): Meesen, van Berlo, Torney, Porplyzia

so meesen in for kenny
douglas in for shirley

huge calls. who in that 22 will be the main tagger?

having meesen, maric, douglas, porps and to a lesser extent van berlo... that looks more like a "rebuilding" yr than an all out assault for a flag.

all these guys will get games, but surely not at the same time if the entire squad is fully fit.

Mees will have to play if Biggles is gone

Dougie and Porps should both play

VB can do the tagging job, hes one of the fittest in the comp and he held Cuz well for a half.

If these kids don't play we'll be left with 5-10 guys allleaving at the same time and a bunch of kids thrown in the deep end.

bus24 said:
Mees will have to play if Biggles is gone

VB can do the tagging job, hes one of the fittest in the comp and he held Cuz well for a half.

If these kids don't play we'll be left with 5-10 guys allleaving at the same time and a bunch of kids thrown in the deep end.

so you agree with maric and meesen and hudson in the 22? 1 of them will have to play if theres no rhett, true! - but not both... otherwise are you inferring that maric > mcgregor, welsh, perrie?

VB could be the tagger as he can run all day, but his physical strength is still not up to scratch to take care of the biggest names in the midfield. he would need some help!

these kids WILL all play games next yr.. inc vince if he stays fit. but if all players are fit i still cant see this as a consistently winning 22.

It seems to me the team line-up revolves around one key issue. Where does Nathan Bock play?

Is it: CHF Bock, CHB Stevens or CHF Perrie CHB Bock?

Which structure will best promote winning finals football?

TheLeftFist8 said:
It seems to me the team line-up revolves around one key issue. Where does Nathan Bock play?

Is it: CHF Bock, CHB Stevens or CHF Perrie CHB Bock?

Which structure will best promote winning finals football?

CHB Bock, CHF Bock

lincsPJ said:
so meesen in for kenny Yes
douglas in for shirley Yes

huge calls. who in that 22 will be the main tagger? Not Really

having meesen, maric, douglas, porps and to a lesser extent van berlo... that looks more like a "rebuilding" yr than an all out assault for a flag.

all these guys will get games, but surely not at the same time if the entire squad is fully fit.
It's not a rebuilding year. Porps has played a few games, Douglas has got a taste as has Ivan. The only newy is Meesen. I think by years end these players will be match hardened, without the need to have a rebuilding year. I think KMac is too slow for AFL footy, and just isn't reliable enough. Shirley will more than likely play, but I can't see Douglas not playing 22. Why should we stick with the old when it only means we stagnate, thats not what AFL footy is about. it's about moving forward. With a younger team, we can sustain this height for years to come without the need to bottom out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your 2007 Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back