Your 2007 Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

kimirocks said:
Its not a rebuilding year. Porps has played a few games, Douglas has got a taste as has Ivan. The only newy is Meesen. I think by years end these players will be match hardened, without the need to have a rebuilding year. I think KMac is too slow for AFL footy, and just isn't reliable enough. Shirley will more than likely play, but I can't see Douglas not playing 22. Why should we stick with the old when it only means we stagnate, thats not what AFL footy is about. it's about moving forward. With a younger team, we can sustain this height for years to come without the need to bottom out.

Exactly right with some of the stupid things people are saying anybody would think it was:rolleyes:

kimirocks said:
It's not a rebuilding year. Porps has played a few games, Douglas has got a taste as has Ivan. The only newy is Meesen. I think by years end these players will be match hardened, without the need to have a rebuilding year. I think KMac is too slow for AFL footy, and just isn't reliable enough. Shirley will more than likely play, but I can't see Douglas not playing 22. Why should we stick with the old when it only means we stagnate, thats not what AFL footy is about. it's about moving forward. With a younger team, we can sustain this height for years to come without the need to bottom out.

bl00dy oath its not rebuilding. but IMO with this team, (esp the combo of meesen and maric) "by the year's end" we will most likely be sitting in 11th place. and be 16th in clearances.... which is worse than about 14th where we were this yr!!

like i have said before, players like douglas, vince, maric, meesen WILL get games.. prob 5-10 or so. which will give them much needed experience that we all know that they need. however, having that many underdeveloped bodies on a field is toying with danger.

Black Douglas said:
Some good teams in here.

Personally, I see Chris Knights becoming a consistent member of the side in 2007. The kid was hurt by injuries this year, and his pre-season form showed how much of a ball-magnet he is.

If he is free of injuries this summer, then we should definitely expect good things out of him.
And played as a 19 year old this year. Happy 20th birthday yesterday Chris.

lincsPJ said:
bl00dy oath its not rebuilding. but IMO with this team, (esp the combo of meesen and maric) "by the year's end" we will most likely be sitting in 11th place. and be 16th in clearances.... which is worse than about 14th where we were this yr!!

like i have said before, players like douglas, vince, maric, meesen WILL get games.. prob 5-10 or so. which will give them much needed experience that we all know that they need. however, having that many underdeveloped bodies on a field is toying with danger.
What underdeveloped bodies lincsPJ? Douglas is the only one in that group. The others are mature men.Have you stood next to Maric and Meesen? Bernie Vince is small in stature...not under-developed.

Douggie came to the club at 68 Kg, he is now 75 and hopes to be 82 by next year. After a 2nd pre-season he won't be that far off being developed.

Hes natuarally not a big guy anyway and you want him to be reasonably slender to utilise his remarkable pace and agility

lincsPJ said:

Thats bull**** mate. No.1 We have Hudson in the ruck, a clearance machine. Biglands is likely to not play a game, and thus we are left with Maric and Meesen. Clearances are not an issue. Goodwin, Edwards, Thompson, Reilly, and add in Hudson = great combinations. We are only going to improve next year in this regard. The young players (who after another preseason will all be 5 or so kgs heavier and stronger) will play most games. Douglas will play 22 if not injured, as will M&M go close (1 of them will, the other probably 10 or so) Vince, I'm not sold on, he might play the 5-10 you are saying. Our midfield is only going to get stronger with the addition of these youngsters. Time will tell, but I think I'll be closer to the money.

TheLeftFist8 said:
It seems to me the team line-up revolves around one key issue. Where does Nathan Bock play?

Is it: CHF Bock, CHB Stevens or CHF Perrie CHB Bock?

Which structure will best promote winning finals football?
That's a key question & there is no straight forward answer.

I can't recall people complaining about Perrie's form at CHF prior to his injury, so my preference is for Perrie @ CHF & Bock @ CHB. That is the best position for both IMO & neither was 100% match fit on their return.

Another question is as to whether both Roo & Welsh can fit in our forward line.

AndrewJo said:
What underdeveloped bodies lincsPJ? Douglas is the only one in that group. The others are mature men.Have you stood next to Maric and Meesen? Bernie Vince is small in stature...not under-developed.

i have stood next to most of them inc meesen and maric this yr. the point of the matter is that ruckmen generally take a long time to develop physically. next to us (im assuming you're not a bodybuilder or gym rat) they all look huge. the question to ask is whether you have stood next to ruckmen like lade, primus (when he was playing). you'll see they have a fair way to go.

dont get so fired up kimi! im only putting my opinion forward that playing 2 underplayed and underdeveloped ruckmen simultaneously, is a big risk in my books.

Kane McGoodwin said:
That's a key question & there is no straight forward answer.

I can't recall people complaining about Perrie's form at CHF prior to his injury, so my preference is for Perrie @ CHF & Bock @ CHB. That is the best position for both IMO & neither was 100% match fit on their return.

Another question is as to whether both Roo & Welsh can fit in our forward line.
there's room for both of them IMO...

Roo, Ken, Bode
Pez, Bock, Bird....

....so long as Stevens can hold down CHB........if not Bock goes back

Mad Dog said:

Roo, Ken, Bode
Pez, Bock, Bird....

Where does Welsh fit in?

Mad Dog said:
.....ummmmm - getting hungrier at Broadspectrum.....;)

Why because you don’t believe he is good enough or because he has a relatively poor season for one reason or another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mad Dog said:

Roo, Ken, Bode
Pez, Bock, Bird....

Interesting, a dangerous line-up but looks a little tall to me? If Bock is CHF, i would prefer the more mobile Welsh at HFF rather than Perrie.

Alternatively, if Perrie can return to pre-injury form and hold down CHF, that would release Bock to work in tandem with Roo on the FF line. I know many are calling for Bock to play across HF (and he could be great), but to me his is most dangerous leading from the FF line and having shots from 30-40m out. IMHO he is a far better goalkicker than either Kenny or Sarge...so put him close to goal, hope that Sarge plays his part and support him on the HF line with Burton and Welsh (with the usual caveat that Welsh is fit!). I am not a Kenny hater but if he cannot fix his mobility issues in the off-season, AFL footy may have passed him by.

FF: Ricciuto Bock Bode
HF: Welsh Perrie Burton

FF: Welsh Bock Ricciuto
HF: Bode McGregor Thompson
C: Burton Goodwin Mattner
HB: Van Berlo Stevens Mcleod
FB: Torney Rutten Basset
1R: Hudson Shirley Edwards
INT: Porplyzia Maric Perrie Knights
EMG: Meesen Douglas Doughty

TheLeftFist8 said:
Interesting, a dangerous line-up but looks a little tall to me? If Bock is CHF, i would prefer the more mobile Welsh at HFF rather than Perrie.

Alternatively, if Perrie can return to pre-injury form and hold down CHF, that would release Bock to work in tandem with Roo on the FF line. I know many are calling for Bock to play across HF (and he could be great), but to me his is most dangerous leading from the FF line and having shots from 30-40m out. IMHO he is a far better goalkicker than either Kenny or Sarge...so put him close to goal, hope that Sarge plays his part and support him on the HF line with Burton and Welsh (with the usual caveat that Welsh is fit!). I am not a Kenny hater but if he cannot fix his mobility issues in the off-season, AFL footy may have passed him by.

Good Call....:thumbsu: .....my only concern with my line up was height as well.....but rotations could see one of the talls benched mid qtr with either a mid resting across half fwd - or a direct small swap from the bench.

My only thought on Bock is that across HF is better for him given his great turing circle and urgency after taking a mark.

TheLeftFist8 said:

I don’t mind that set up but having McGregor at full forward would be more appealing. Having McGregor as the stay at home full forward would allow Bock to move to CHB.

Then we can have flexibility with Burton, Welsh and Ricciuto alternating between half forward and a lead up forward.

crows98 said:
Why because you don’t believe he is good enough or because he has a relatively poor season for one reason or another.
Mainly because I think we need to keep evolving........and if Scotty is to figure....then he needs to evolve as well.

I am a huge Welshy fan.......but I'm an AFC fan first....;) :thumbsu:

Mad Dog said:
Mainly because I think we need to keep evolving........and if Scotty is to figure....then he needs to evolve as well.

I am a huge Welshy fan.......but I'm an AFC fan first....;) :thumbsu:

It’s a pity other didn’t have this POV and I absolutely agree with what you are saying because we have to find a way of being abler to evolve a new generation of player as well as keeping that premiership window open.

crows98 said:
It’s a pity other didn’t have this POV and I absolutely agree with what you are saying because we have to find a way of being abler to evolve a new generation of player as well as keeping that premiership window open.

Thats a hard thing for any club to do and you end up middle of the road you cant be blooding heaps of players and aiming for a premeiership also, you either have a list like the Bulldogs that has bottomed out but through good recriuting they now have quality players with 3-4 seasons under their belts and now are ready for a tilt at the flag, Adelaide in 2007 could very well slip down the ladder next season, you are either rebuilding your list or you have a list to take you all the way.

Mad Dog said:
Good Call....:thumbsu: .....my only concern with my line up was height as well.....but rotations could see one of the talls benched mid qtr with either a mid resting across half fwd - or a direct small swap from the bench.

My only thought on Bock is that across HF is better for him given his great turing circle and urgency after taking a mark.

Yes, could be an option if we had enough spots left for midfielders. The advantage would be the option of Bock going back to defence if required (i.e. against Hunter on saturday), without our forward line being too short.

While Bock is certainly not a proven champion, it would appear he is a better FF than Kenny, better CHF than Perrie, and a better CHB than Stevens!

So the decision is which one of those 3 positions are least adequately covered, as well as where is Bock best suited.

I am buggered if i know!

jo172 said:
FF: Welsh Bock Ricciuto
HF: Bode McGregor Thompson
C: Burton Goodwin Mattner
HB: Van Berlo Stevens Mcleod
FB: Torney Rutten Basset
1R: Hudson Shirley Edwards
INT: Porplyzia Maric Perrie Knights
EMG: Meesen Douglas Doughty
No room for Johncock, not even in the emergencies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Your 2007 Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back