Your expectations of your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

On the topic.

I don't ecpect us to get near the top 4, but as a 20yo North fan, I am used to and expect finals footy. As shortsighted and spoilt as that may sound, I am for the first time looking forward to a year that I don't think we have a chance of winning the flag.

I expect the continued improvement of blokes drafted in the past few years (Harris, Motlop, Smith, Jones, Crowe, Hale, Watson etc etc), and the debuts of at least three guys drafted last year. Senior players who were disappointing last year to pull their fingers out of their arse like King, Grant and Porter (who tries his guts out, but didn't put it together). I expect Brown to turn training form and fitness into good footy (fat, slow? LMAO).

I reckon a 7-10 finish is extremely likely, with great performances followed by sh1t ones.

I also expect the new gameplan to take a while to sink in, and probably not be followed completely to the letter until next year, especially by those who played under Pagan for so long. I reckon under pressure, some guys will fall into, well I will not call them bad habits, but "Pagan" habits. Quite sure this will happen at some point.

Looking forward to it like never before though, especially considering we are favorites for the spoon. Amusing if you ask me.

Originally posted by Falchoon
http://cromulent.freehosting.net/afl/afl_index.html is a good site to catch up with past years results. You might be surprised that it actually changes from year to year.

I already have a $50 bet on North for the spoon at 5/1, I'll scan the betting slip if it makes you feel better. My current bets are in the following thread
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55997

Never underestimate the power of a ;) , it's in the original post.

Ta.

Although we played like dogs last year, and I thought Milne was going to give us a "goal from anyfrickinwhere" aenima, we coasted in the end. Sh1t game.

Quite confident of that Spoon aren't ya? Can't see it myself, but meh.

Re the ;) , I get the impression it was done knowing you would get some North idioit (oh, hold on :D ) snapping at your heels.

Just mistified by public opinion is all.

If we get a flag within the next two years, I'll be happy. If we just make the GF, I'll be happy.

But like Dreamkillers said.. if we dont even get close, Chocco can bend over and kiss his ass goodbye.

...and maybe even a Brownlow along the way. But the player who is most likely to win it from our club.. I dont want him to. Hopefully Tredders will step up and shoo him out of the way this season.

Originally posted by nut
We all want our clubs to improve.
We want them to win the premiership.
But there can only be one winner so there will be 15 sides that will fail.

What would be the best result that you would expect from your side? we all wont improve.

If brisbane is again the side to beat can you match them?

Why will your side improve or slide???

What would be the best result that you would expect from your side?

Since we made preliminary finals in 2002 and the players we have recruited (Carey, Burns, Torney etc...) I would once again expect us to finish in the top 4 preferably top 2. Grand final would be my expectation and once you get into Grand final anything can happen.

If brisbane is again the side to beat can you match them?

Apart from that final at the Gabba, we match up reasonably well against Brisbane. We beat them at the Gabba in 2001 and preseason game in 2002. We also beat them at Footy Park in 2002. Apart from that final our record against Lions has been pretty good in recent times. We seem to match up well in the midfield and our defence does a reasonable job on Lions forwards (except Lynch. He always causes us headaches). Our forwards strugled against Brisbane defence but then again forward line was our weakness.

With arrival of Carey and Burns our forward line looks a lot better on paper.

We lost Kane Johnson but I am comfortable we can cover his loss with the emegence of a few younger players.

The arrival of Jason Torney frees up Tyson Edwards to play more as a midfielder to soften the loss of kane Johnson. With the continual improvement of Ken McGregor at CHB and Graham John**** as a small defender, the defence looks solid. Our weakness is at FB where Bassett strugles against bigger forwards (Lynch, Neitz, Lloyd etc...) but he does a good job a fair bit.

Why will your side improve or slide???

We will improve if we can stay healthy and our recrtuits live up to their expectations.;)

I expect Collingwood to end up top four again.

We have an outstanding backline, and plenty of midfield options, strengthened by Shane Woewodin.

Our only question mark remains our forward line. Nick Davis will leave a huge hole for us, and it will be essential that Tarrant and Fraser step up even further this year. Also we need more improvement from small forwards like L Davis, Holland, and Didak. If these players do as well as they can, theres no reason why we should not give the Premiership another shake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your expectations of your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back