Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Stats say he had 4 clangers in his short time on ground. 2 of those were frees against.

Hope they don’t count that kick into the open forward line that Allir ran on to as a clanger. Probably meets the definition but was a great kick and we got a goal out of it.

One of those free kicks was a professional free kick to slow the GWS ball movement too

That was most likely first game nerves.

Would have burned a lot of nervous energy just sitting on the bench for 3 quarters. Where as he would have been better served making a debut at the start of the game where his energies would have been higher. Plus would have probably ran a lot harder and gassed himself out of nervous excitement when he finally came onto the ground.

Turns out "rule 19" all those years ago was actually "wait three years to debut an obvious talent".

An obvious talent that couldn’t keep up with anyone in the pre season running. Outside of talent, you have to be able to run as a midfielder and prior to Christmas Taylor was embarrassingly poor.

Full credit to the kid for working hard to close the gap and now a well deserved debut.

Note we debuted Soligo straight away - suspect his work ethic was many times greater than Zac’s

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Loved what have seen from Zac from his first season in the SANFL. Just looked an AFL footballer.

Taken a while to get here, but must stay in the side.

Smart decision maker, with composure, and exceptional skills.

The complete Anti-Murphy/McHenry.

We are instantly a better side with Taylor and Dowling in place of M&M.

How Cook got subbed off instead of Murphy I will never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An obvious talent that couldn’t keep up with anyone in the pre season running. Outside of talent, you have to be able to run as a midfielder and prior to Christmas Taylor was embarrassingly poor.

Full credit to the kid for working hard to close the gap and now a well deserved debut.

Note we debuted Soligo straight away - suspect his work ethic was many times greater than Zac’s

From memory, were you concerned with his fitness over pre season bigman?

From memory, were you concerned with his fitness over pre season bigman?

I recall Bigman reporting a story where Rachele, after finishing his run, ran back to encourage Zac through his finishing burst. It was mentioned a number of times how poor his running was

However it was also mentioned after Christmas he had clearly improved in this area

I recall Bigman reporting a story where Rachele, after finishing his run, ran back to encourage Zac through his finishing burst. It was mentioned a number of times how poor his running was

However it was also mentioned after Christmas he had clearly improved in this area

Yep, a theme of big man's preseason reports was that Taylor had gone from an obvious outlier in the running drills to being in the pack.

This is correct boys

That was most likely first game nerves.

Did acknowledge in a post or pre-game interview that he probably was not up to speed when he was drafted in terms of his running ability and gym work. Some post-game photos confirm he could probably do with a stint in the weights room, and I believe from preseason reports he was still behind on his running? Or was he more or less up to speed?

He has all the natural talent there, but I think he's starting to develop a maturity between the ears (something he's mentioned he also has struggled with in interviews). There's a reason he dropped so far to us in the draft after looming as a pick in the 20's

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back