Toast Zak Butters appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaderboard prior to this round. Included Rozee to show where the cutoff is for players that can realistically win it (and cause **** it, why not lol).
IMG_7200.jpeg
Daicos is probably going to finish in 4th and this past week’s matches will be an interesting situation. I think Butters should poll the most in that match but whether that’s a 10 is up for debate. Bont could be a good chance for 10 but is obviously 5 votes behind Butters so he should be clear of him. Whether Petracca clears Butters is up for debate, 22 touches was short of the most on ground (30 by Worpel) but he was the highest disposal getter of the goal scorers he’s an outside chance to jump Butters. I think Butters should jump to first though.
Bont will play Geelong in a high stakes match which I think he’ll perform in, Trac will be playing Sydney in a game with 3rd place on the line and a Norm Smith Medallist can obviously perform in a big game, while Butters has Richmond who are out of the race and already did their farewell game so we might be taking on a slightly weakened side. I think Butters has to be the favourite from here on out.

wont know til end of season. I think they hold back last two rounds of votes
I was thinking it’s normally the last 3… but yeah if they aren’t up now I’m guessing we will have to wait until next week to find out.

Leaderboard prior to this round. Included Rozee to show where the cutoff is for players that can realistically win it (and cause * it, why not lol).
View attachment 1781156
Daicos is probably going to finish in 4th and this past week’s matches will be an interesting situation. I think Butters should poll the most in that match but whether that’s a 10 is up for debate. Bont could be a good chance for 10 but is obviously 5 votes behind Butters so he should be clear of him. Whether Petracca clears Butters is up for debate, 22 touches was short of the most on ground (30 by Worpel) but he was the highest disposal getter of the goal scorers he’s an outside chance to jump Butters. I think Butters should jump to first though.
Bont will play Geelong in a high stakes match which I think he’ll perform in, Trac will be playing Sydney in a game with 3rd place on the line and a Norm Smith Medallist can obviously perform in a big game, while Butters has Richmond who are out of the race and already did their farewell game so we might be taking on a slightly weakened side. I think Butters has to be the favourite from here on out.
There is no way Petracca leapfrogs Butters in this round. Butters gets at least 9, probably 10. Petracca gets at most 7, at least 5. Bont definitely gets 10.

The way I see it now:

Butters 102
Daicos 99
Bont 97
Petracca 96

If Butters manages to get 5 or more in the last round he is without doubt the winner of the 2023 coaches award, regardless of the efforts of Petracca and Bont. If Butters has a quiet one and Petracca and/or Bont have solid games it could be very interesting.

Last edited:
Leaderboard prior to this round. Included Rozee to show where the cutoff is for players that can realistically win it (and cause * it, why not lol).
View attachment 1781156

2 of the top 5 players in the comp PLUS JHF PLUS a Brownlow winner from 2 years ago... If we don't win the flag the coach has clearly underperformed and should be sacked.

There is no way Petracca leapfrogs Butters in this round. Butters gets at least 9, probably 10. Petracca gets at most 7, at least 5. Bont definitely gets 10.

The way I see it now:

Butters 102
Daicos 99
Bont 97
Petracca 96

If Butters manages to get 5 or more in the last round he is without doubt the winner of the 2023 coaches award, regardless of the efforts of Petracca and Bont. If Butters has a quiet one and Petracca and/or Bont have solid games it could be very interesting.
I reckon Cripps or Kelly get the 10

Love the way Zac breaks up the play when he takes it on , throws he defence out and opens up the forward line , Rozee does it as well , it’s a one two punch especially with JHF in there for good measure and Wines and Drew being the defensive ones but Butters is no 1 jet

Coaches votes usually come out on a Monday but haven't seen the article yet.... Expecting Butters will get 5-10 points and Petracca zero, which means the coaches award is his to lose next week.

Coaches votes usually come out on a Monday but haven't seen the article yet.... Expecting Butters will get 5-10 points and Petracca zero, which means the coaches award is his to lose next week.
I think someone said they hold back the last couple of rounds votes until the end of the H&A rounds.

Love the way Zac breaks up the play when he takes it on , throws he defence out and opens up the forward line , Rozee does it as well , it’s a one two punch especially with JHF in there for good measure and Wines and Drew being the defensive ones but Butters is no 1 jet
We are the ENVY of all clubs;
Butters, Rozee and JHF.
People not just fans will and are going to games just to see these guys in action.
We have 3 yes 3 once in a generation player's.
Just a JOY to watch and witness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to ABC radio - Zak has won their player of the year award before any votes he may get for today's game - Bont didn't get any votes last night, leaving Zak unable to be caught.
Don’t think he gets votes today. He seemed to spend the second quarter off the ground but was very good in the second half.

Martin comfortably BOG, then Rozee, then Houston.

I was working today but looking at the stats you would think

3- Rozee
2- Martin
1- Butters
Martin had the most complete and polished game. Rozee won lots of footy but did butcher a fair bit of it, and got caught a couple of times like he did against Freo. Butters was exceptional after HT. He only had 67% game time in the second quarter. Not sure what we were playing at there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back