Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Curtin had 30 and a goal in the SANFL. If he isn't in the team after that, he's surely going to leave.
Based on the numbers, Dowling didn't have a strong game, so maybe now we'll give him a debut.

Fingers crossed for McHenry out, but based on everything Nicks has ever done, I fear Murphy is the only possible replacement. Sholl having a really strong game (29 and a goal) against NM means he'll probably have a gold pass for at least a month.

Schoenberg put up good numbers, but I have no idea if he's fit for an AFL game. Anybody who watched the SANFL game is more well placed to have an opinion on that. If he's ready, I'd have him in.

Hamill gets dropped depending on the fitness of Schoenberg and Berry.

My changes would be;
In: Curtin, Berry* (sub)
Out: Pedlar (shoulder), McHenry (omitted)

*Assuming Berry is fit.

Last edited:
McHenry to be elevated to a leadership group position with the long term injury to Milera, and then signed up until 2028 in a major coup for the club, with Ned turning his back on offers from several bush league C grade sides in need of someone to play a non-statistical role.
Sholl to play every game for the rest of the season because every side needs a 65kg, treacle slow, can’t kick 50m, can’t tackle, can’t break tackles, no evasive ability, head dropping, soft as butter wingman. It’s a key to success.
Me: "I've been sarcasm-ed"

1714207108269.png

Out:
Pedlar (inj), Borlase, Hamill

In:
Dowling, Curtin, Ryan

Sub:
McHenry (I don’t want to waste a sub game on a real player)

Emg: Burgess, Taylor, Berry

We all know we’re bringing in proven trash Smith, Murphy and Butts though so yayyy, let’s all type other opinions and discuss them.

My memory is that Tex will humiliate him, after he's forced to come back on with concussion.
When not concussed Aliir has usually played very well for Port... & we have a habit of giving him Stewart like service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks the loser will come up with some bullshit like the 5 day break to keep Curtin out of the team

Pedlar & McHenry out
Curtin in and Jones to sub.

FB: Michaelanney Borlase Worrell
HB: Hinge Keane Nankervis
C: Curtin Dawson Sholl
1R: O’Brien Rankine Soligo
HF: Cook Walker Keays
FF: Fogarty Himmelberg Rachelle

Int: Crouch Laird Curtin Hamill
Sub: Jones
Named curtin twicd

Didn’t get to see the game, will Elliot get a game next week or we going back to burgess?
Himmelberg is not going anywhere. Better as a forward and in the ruck than either of Burgess or Gollant. Yes the opponent was shit, but nobody can convince me that those other two would’ve had the same impact. EH is no chance of being dropped. Ruck craft looked better than ROB too tbh.

And I don’t rate Himmelberg at all.

Assuming that Berry is not available, I think we'll see Smith and Murphy back in, and Butts for Borlase. One out will obviously be Pedlar, I'm guessing the other one will be McHenry.

Outside chance of Curtin as well given he's racking it up in the SANFL, particularly if Smith is not fit. Not quite sure who he would come in for, maybe Hamill. I actually think Hamill has been okay but if Curtin was to get a game it would have to be ahead of one of the defensive running types and he'd be the one to come out if Smith is also coming in.

In: Murphy, Butts, Smith and/or Curtin
Out: McHenry, Pedlar, Borlase, possibly Hamill
Both Butts and Murphy were ordinary today.
Curtin wasour best along with Shoenberg and Ryan. Burgess was ok as well.

Dowling was travelling emergency. He is beyond Sanfl. But will be forced to play Sanfl due to lack of game time. Curtin wont be selected.

Both should be playing AFL but neither will this week because of a showdown. Hope im wrong. You never know with Nicks.
Gollant was the emergency Dowling played an ok game in the sanfl. 16 possies.

Back