2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

unDcMmJ.png

NEwMi87.png

Just seems so obvious especially given our mounting injuries, said the same as you earlier in the thread, thought former Northern Knight youngster Murphy was the only one down back that actually had a decent game. Strange former Calder Cannon Tyson Lever didn't play today given he was named in the extended squad from memory.
Footytalk124 Danger in Texas
Perhaps you should read the whole comments made on the the game before suggesting I'm being "tough" on Lachlan Murphy?
And my understanding is both Lachlan and Tyson Lever are development players and are here at the AFC's request, not sure about Murphy but Tyson Lever is actually employed by the club in an "administrative" position whilst studying at the Uni.

And I actually saw Murphy play TAC here last year and thought he along with Bunker, Wellings, Piper and Morrish were unlucky not to at least get on a rookie list somewhere, probably Murphy's size went against him because he can certainly play.

Would not be surprised (given he continues his good form) if Murphy is rookied by us at season's end. Might be nothing more than a good SANFL player, but seems to be up to the standard enough that he may do well at AFL level.

Footytalk124 Danger in Texas
Perhaps you should read the whole comments made on the the game before suggesting I'm being "tough" on Lachlan Murphy?
And my understanding is both Lachlan and Tyson Lever are development players and are here at the AFC's request, not sure about Murphy but Tyson Lever is actually employed by the club in an "administrative" position whilst studying at the Uni.

And I actually saw Murphy play TAC here last year and thought he along with Bunker, Wellings, Piper and Morrish were unlucky not to at least get on a rookie list somewhere, probably Murphy's size went against him because he can certainly play.

Yes Lachlan Murphy Crows first Ammo's 2nd like Lever, Crow were allowed, 2 players. They went for Murphy over Hampton, which to me was a good choice.
Murphy will be on an AFL list next year.

Lets see if the SANFL force Powers reserves to follow the top up rules. They could have no injuries leading into this week. Meaning Summerton misses out. I bet they make up excuses and rest players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets see if the SANFL force Powers reserves to follow the top up rules. They could have no injuries leading into this week. Meaning Summerton misses out. I bet they make up excuses and rest players.
We can't not follow the rules. Our understanding is that Summerton has to play as our captain. A Power player would therefore be forced to sit out.

If fully fit we will have 3 Power players that have to miss an entire week of footy (I would think you guys could have the same conundrum if you're injury free). However it is likely Hartlett, Hombsch and Boak might still be injured and no player misses out this week.

We can't not follow the rules. Our understanding is that Summerton has to play as our captain. A Power player would therefore be forced to sit out.

If fully fit we will have 3 Power players that have to miss an entire week of footy (I would think you guys could have the same conundrum if you're injury free). However it is likely Hartlett, Hombsch and Boak might still be injured and no player misses out this week.
That's wrong. He is captain but rules state AFL players have to play first. Hence why Carey missed out on finals last year for us.

Channel 7 Broadcast game on Saturday... the SANFL Showdown

Saturday April 29
Adelaide v Port Adelaide (Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval) – 1.10pm
Live on Channel 7 | Live scores and stats at SANFL Website & App

Tyson Lever suiting up for the Crows for the 1st time.

ADELAIDE
Adelaide has included five players for its SANFL Showdown against Port at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Saturday.

AFL-listed trio Harrison Wigg, Tom Doedee and Jordan Gallucci all return, with the latter pair overcoming minor injuries.

Development players Tyson Lever and Mitchell Minns have been named on the five-man extended interchange bench.

Ruckman Reilly O’Brien has been called up to the AFL squad along with first-year player Myles Poholke while Kurt Waterman was squeezed out of the 23-man squad.

League

F: Wittwer, Himmelberg, Beech

HF: Gallucci, Dear, Jarman

C: Wigg, Thompson, Signorello

HB: Leigh, Doedee, Hill

B: De Michele, Tharaldsen, Murphy

R: Hunter, Greenwood, Gore

INT: J. Brown, T. Lever, Launer, Minns, Boxer

IN: Minns, Wigg, Doedee, T. Lever, Gallucci

OUT: O’Brien (AFL), Poholke (AFL), Waterman

Magpies

F: Krakouer, Frampton, Neade