Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, because apparently all mature state league players are worth the same in the Draft :huh: ........is that like saying every U18 player has the same Draft value ? :rolleyes:
Exactly. If McAdam has such value, they will have a queue of suitors willing to hand over early picks for him.

They can then give us true value for McGovern, and maybe even walk away with change from McAdam! ;)

After all, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.....

How much do you think other clubs would be tabling for McAdam?

Carlton have been gifted 2 state league players because they're a basket case, and sadly outside of Cripps and Curnow they're probably their two most valuable trading commodities. How sad are they? And their idiot supporters.

Why are gold coast trading McAdam to Crows and how does it help Carlton get McGovern?

That doesnt matter.

Jimmy Bartel that knows 2 fifths of f##k all about SANFL players and probably hasn't even seen McAdam play one single game rates him at around 20.

Its like God has spoken.

Then the simpletons post this stuff on our board.

Look not even majority of carlton supporters think thatll get it done.

Consensus on our board seems to be second plus mature = about 2 second rounders.

It is interesting that there are media personalties with vastly different views though.

FWIW matt thompson on trade radio said he thought pick 12 was not enough still lol - so vic bias is not there.
The question I have is all the Blues supporters come on here saying 2 x second rounders at best, like we will do you a favor and let him go for that.
Why on God's green earth would we do Carlton a favor after you bent us over last year with Gibbs. There is bad blood, make no mistake and count it out.
This trade will fall on our side of fair not yours or Gov plays in the tri-colours next year. Reid and Co have all stated it. The member backlash if we get reamed again will be pretty heavy. Matt Thompson is pretty close to the money on this. SOS needs to get the Vaseline out, cause this is gunna hurt.

I think it would take a very good player to push 12 to 9. I dont think McAdam is even close. If we want McAdam and the best Carlton could come up with was 12 then we might do the trade. But it wouldn't be valuing the trade at 9. More like 12 + 50-60.
Don’t care how McAdam is valued .... the minimum is #12 .... McAdam is the steak knives

Jimmy Bartel on the AGE footy podcast thinks it'll be McGovern for mature age pick 1 as the main portion of the deal, with perhaps some later pick swaps if either club isn't too happy.

Honestly think this is unders but it's good to see someone credible from the media put his view forward.

McAdam fwiw Jimmy rates as around pick 20, which is probably fair enough guys.

#dontshootthemessenger #bartelsgotthegoods #reidoverbarrell
That isn't fair enough. McAdam is closer to pick 20 in the rookie draft than pick 20 in the main draft.

Don’t care how McAdam is valued .... the minimum is #12 .... McAdam is the steak knives

Not enough in my opinion. Feel more than confident we can get at least pick 12 next year or the year after. It's gutless to not be willing to handle any fall out of holding him to his contract. Any deal this year should blow away what we can expect to get for him in 12 or 24 months time.

Apologies WetCrow1991 for quoting you by mistake.

Stiffy- how do carlton and GC claim their mature age players ? Ie who has first dibs and is it GC 3x players and Carlton 2x ?
I have no idea but it’s something I have been wondering myself. It doesn’t look to be a draft type deal but more the whoever the player wants to sign with. Can a player refuse to sign and test their luck in the draft?

People just seem to assume that we can only deal with Carlton for McAdam. It’s a very lazy conclusion based on the McGovern link.

Both Carlton and GC have the same means available to them. We might be comfotable trading one of our earlier picks this year for McAdam and GC’s later pick that we could send to Richmond for Stengle. It could be McAdam for a future pick or even a player who might want to go to GC for more opportunities and longer deal.

Would be happy to jump on board this mature age pick thing and send Wilson with Gov for pick 1. Sounds fair.
Kelly is worth a top ten. So DEAL!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not enough in my opinion. Feel more than confident we can get at least pick 12 next year or the year after. It's gutless to not be willing to handle any fall out of holding him to his contract. Any deal this year should blow away what we can expect to get for him in 12 or 24 months time.

Apologies WetCrow1991 for quoting you by mistake.
I’d be ecstatic to hold Gov to his contract & play with us next year ..... I just don’t want us to give him away

Here is my tip on what will happen.

On day 2or 3 of trade week we will announce the McGovern deal to Carlton is done. It will be a deal we all think is shit.
Along with the announcement will be a comment about not judging the trades until after trade week, where we will flick a few picks, pick up a fringe player and try to muddy the water.
2 years later we will look back and realise we were absolutely robbed, but of course most will have forgotten and moved on, so no problems from the clubs point of view.

What we need is everyone to tweet, message call in etc... to trade radio and make it very clear that the supporters will be filthy if we fold here. Only public pressure will make them accountable.

I find it odd that a bloke who really wants to leave us (and will act like a petulant child if no trade done) who is from WA is still here in Adelaide during his time off.

Unless the guy I just said "Gday Mitch" to in Henley Square is just a guy who looks a lot like him and I just confused him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back