Review The good, the bad, the shat - vs Fremantle R3 2024

How many games will we win from our first 10?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Laird really pissed me off on Friday.

Constantly calling for the ball when in a worse position.

Calling for the ball when he is on his wrong side and the player that gives it to him is on their prefered side.

Long loop chip kicks to no one that go as high as they go far.

The defensive running of Scott Thompson.

Missed or poorly executed tackles leading to the opposition perfectly disposing the ball.

He will never be in the midfield mix of a finals contending team. I don't care how many useless stats he gets. He is just playing for his own numbers.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel there is more to the Rachele thing;

Everybody else comes out with indignation regarding the quality of our midfield.

Rash comes out as the only lone voice abd states he'd like to chop out in the middle and see if he can make an impact...

Gets 0 CBAs.

Seems a bit odd.
Particularly as he was getting more midfield time last year & had a better preseason.

Strange way to develop our best young talent.

With Milera unfortunately out for the year, time to send Laird back for his experience which frees up more midfield minutes for the likes of Rachele.

Calling for the ball when he is on his wrong side and the player that gives it to him is on their prefered side.

Missed or poorly executed tackles leading to the opposition perfectly disposing the ball.

He will never be in the midfield mix of a finals contending team. I don't care how many useless stats he gets. He is just playing for his own numbers.

Blame Laird but doesn't the coach have to dictate where and how he plays. Nick's must be happy, or he would have changed it.

He has been doing that for a few years. He loves the one-two.

He wants a 4th B & F therefore he would consider himself the best Crow ever. He is a FIGJAM (no right to be but he thinks he is).

Blame Laird but doesn't the coach have to dictate where and how he plays. Nick's must be happy, or he would have changed it.
Don't worry, I blame Nicks too.

Despite a couple of wins late last year with Crouch and Laird we simply can't play two slow vanilla midfielders together.

Adding Berry into that mix was just lunacy.

Don't worry, I blame Nicks too.

Despite a couple of wins late last year with Crouch and Laird we simply can't play two slow vanilla midfielders together.

Adding Berry into that mix was just lunacy.

Can't play them together when we bomb the ball down the line and they need to man up their opposition when the ball is turnover but are too slow, last year when we had possession of the ball we move it quickly which lead to a shot on goal or kick to the advantage of the forwards so they weren't caught out as much.

Bloke knows that if he misses and someone else plays the coaches might realise they’ve been playing one short the past 100 games
Yep. He'll be in the hyperbaric chamber all week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachele should know that the only people that can talk to the media are senior players demanding their mates play or get a contract extension 💪

If he’s not careful we’ll ship him off to a good club where he can flourish, play finals and win premierships

That’ll show him, just like we showed all those others

I feel there is more to the Rachele thing;

Everybody else comes out with indignation regarding the quality of our midfield.

Rash comes out as the only lone voice abd states he'd like to chop out in the middle and see if he can make an impact...

Gets 0 CBAs.

Seems a bit odd.
David King a couple of weeks ago talking about us and our midfield was saying we need to get some difference in there along with other stuff.

He said now I actually know they don't trust Rachele in there but they need to bite the bullet and put him in there.

Our young ones have to prove the world to them and tick all these boxes to finally get a go.

We're just the same old stale, safe club as usual. As was mentioned, look at the ages of Sydney's mids along with some other clubs.

David King a couple of weeks ago talking about us and our midfield was saying we need to get some difference in there along with other stuff.

He said now I actually know they don't trust Rachele in there but they need to bite the bullet and put him in there.

Our young ones have to prove the world to them and tick all these boxes to finally get a go.

We're just the same old stale, safe club as usual. As was mentioned, look at the ages of Sydney's mids along with some other clubs.
Don't trust Rachele? We played him there in the first 7 weeks last year and he average 20 disposals and kicked 10.10 so clearly we were planning to develop him into a midfielder.

Don't trust Rachele? We played him there in the first 7 weeks last year and he average 20 disposals and kicked 10.10 so clearly we were planning to develop him into a midfielder.
Played him in there?
Barely.

And what's happened since?
They're showing right now they don't trust him.

They're just so safe, it's ingrained into the place since waaay back.

Our game plan right now just doesn’t bring Rachele, Rankine or Pedlar into the game at all. It’s all just chip down the wing play it safe then bomb it inside 50 it’s disgusting. How did we spend all summer turning into this. And our stoppage mids besides crouch are useless they aren’t even looking to give off handballs. Can’t even say that players are out of form when we play this way, its all just a mess.

Played him in there?
Barely.

And what's happened since?
They're showing right now they don't trust him.

They're just so safe, it's ingrained into the place since waaay back.
Rachele and Soligo both played there at the start of last year and we all saw what he can do. If they didn't trust him then they wouldn't have done it for 7 weeks then again another 2 weeks later in the season after he freshen up but not sure why he hasn't been used this year. Maybe this new defensive game plan, Nicks think he need Crouch and Laird strength of winning the ball first but then he played Rankine at first bounce against GCS and looked good and then didn't play him the following week.

1711880123827.png

Rachele and Soligo both played there at the start of last year and we all saw what he can do. If they didn't trust him then they wouldn't have done it for 7 weeks then again another 2 weeks later in the season after he freshen up but not sure why he hasn't been used this year.

View attachment 1945713
You're talking about a year ago.
And he had a small percentage in there for a few weeks. That's it.
Totally irrelevant to King saying NOW he knows they don't trust him.. but really, it's that they just don't trust young guys. Never have.

Totally irrelevant to King saying NOW he knows they don't trust him.. but really, it's that they just don't trust young guys. Never have.
They begrudgingly play them as they know they have to develop some, but push comes to shove if they think the win is important they’ll rely on experience.

How many times have the coaches, management and senior players referred to lack of experience for losing? A lot, but what they ignore are the senior players ****ing up, selection stupidity and dumb coaching. Sloanes the one who grabbed Daicos in a panicked state which cost us that game, not Soligo. It was Nicks who subbed Soligo, it wasn’t Soligo making an error.

The clubs ****ed because their mentality is all ****ed.

That's my point, if they didn't trust him they wouldn't have played him there so much last year. They've given midfield time to both Soligo and Rankine this week but still no Rachele who actually look the furthest developed in the midfield than both of them right now.
1711881002341.png

He really is a total stat whore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review The good, the bad, the shat - vs Fremantle R3 2024

Back