List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

EDIT: But seriously.

Defensively we suck. Outside of Corr, McDonald and Mckay I'm not sure we have much for right now. For the future I really like Goater, Perez and Bergman and the important thing with these 3 is they all potentially play different roles off the back flank. I don't think we can expect these 3 to be legitimate consistent performers at the top level for at least another 2 years - we have to be prepared for one or more of these three to potentially not make it. With how late we took Archer he was always a gamble and he's a project, but it could work out.

Midfield we're great, even now. LDU, Simpkin, JHF, Greenwood, Powell, Phillips, Thomas, Stephenson can all go through there and more than hold their own. Legitimate argument to be made whether that's the best position for all of them. Age profile wise all of them outside of Greenwood are young and we've seen great signs of leadership from Simpkin, JHF and Phillips. I have no issues with our midfield both for now and the future.

Forward line is difficult. Larkey and Comben I like as a key forward pairing, but I wouldn't expect much from Comben this year - next year I'll start expecting bigger things at AFL level. I like Zurhaar as a medium tall who can do it on the air or ground and provide defensive pressure - Ford does a similar thing and I'm strong on him. I like Mahony and love Curtis. We need depth in this area though as there's not much apart from these guys.

Between CCJ and Xerri we should have a ruckman for the long-term.

I personally like Curtis Taylor and Bailey Scott and think they should be mainstays provided they continue to improve as players.

As of right now, if i'm being brutally honest, I don't think Lazzaro, Spicer, Patrick Walker, McGuinness, Hayden make it. Jacob Edwards is super raw and very much a project.

Jury's out for me still on Bonar, Atu and Lachie Young

We need to be prepared for these guys to be gone at the end of this or next year: Goldstein, Anderson, Hall, Lynch, Turner, Polec, Josh Walker, Cunners (I hope he can hang around longer but strikes me as the type of bloke that won't try to elongate his career and will want to spend his time on a farm and in a boat)

TL;DR - Midfield excellent. Defense sucks. Forward line ok but no depth or pressure on positions. QUOTE]

If we delist/retire that amount of players in the off season, then we will grab another spoon IMHO.

We have 1 pick inside 55, unless we get a PP. That doesn't bode well when we have a shit ton of holes in the list.

Anderson, Hall, Walker should get 1 year Cunner 2(unless he pulls the pin. flipping hope not)

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we delist/retire that amount of players in the off season, then we will grab another spoon IMHO.

We have 1 pick inside 55, unless we get a PP. That doesn't bode well when we have a shit ton of holes in the list.

Anderson, Hall, Walker should get 1 year Cunner 2(unless he pulls the pin. flipping hope not)

Last edited:
Given the stories of lack of communication from the club since mid 2020 onwards I suspect the shits-cracking is more to do with a lack of transparency last year, than through being asked to do it. That's 100% speculation, though.
Has to be imo

We should of got a pick in the 30s for him in 2020 and signed a stop gap for a year or so.

Goldy will be retired
Unless Geelong dads army want to up their average age even more with a 35 year old next year

Who is our ruck coach at the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anderson, Hall, Walker should get 1 year Cunner 2(unless he pulls the pin. f*n hope not)
Made me look, ya dirty chook. As it stands we have #1 ..... then 53, 55, 61 and 73 ..... aka 3584 points.

That's quite gloomy, other than the #1 again.

Provisional 2022 AFL Draft Order​

Club Draft Picks, Full Draft Order
This is a guide only at this point. It assumes each club will have four picks.
Trades and free agency compensation picks change this picture as they happen.

Club Draft Picks​

Made me look, ya dirty chook. As it stands we have #1 ..... then 53, 55, 61 and 73 ..... aka 3584 points.

Club Draft Picks​

I'm going off Lores draft thread.

1 then 55

We’re in an absolute state if Josh Walker is offered two years.
Frighteningly, he’s odds on to get another contract for 2023 unless something miraculous happens.
Who else do we have.
I actually want to see what Luffs plan is in October. What Luffs plan is now.

If we go round again with Walker as a walk in best 22 backmen then I’d sack Luff on the spot.

Who is our ruck coach at the moment?
I asked about this the other day.

Are we the only club with a CHF as a ruck coach. Anthony Rocca.

I'd prefer someone who actually played the position to a high level. I thought that was a prerequisite

Frighteningly, he’s odds on to get another contract for 2023 unless something miraculous happens.
Who else do we have.
I actually want to see what Luffs plan is in October. What Luffs plan is now.

If we go round again with Walker as a walk in best 22 backmen then I’d sack Luff on the spot.
Yeh he’d be a lock for a 1 year deal as depth

Let’s hope we actually recruit a KPD so that he can be used as depth only as opposed to walk up start every week

Club Draft Picks​

Here rickety Screenshot_20220426-204423.jpg

I said it a few years ago. Reality is, Todd has like 4-5 kids, with two different partners. It’s not that easy just taking off leaving unless it’s a significant deal. Even if it was Geelong. I would suspect it would be in the ball park figure of Norths deal and for a finals contending side. He stuck by us and he probably should have been our captain for the past 5 or so years tbh. It would suck to hear relationships are tainted. That guy has been the one consistent thing at the club (barring our level of shitness).

Mate I agree, not many people rate him as a forward but I want him as our CHB or break glass forward if Comben goes down again.

The guy is coming into his prime, rarely misses a game, has a great set of hands and is extremely athletic.

Lets be honest, Walker and Young aren’t AFL standard and we aint getting McGovern or Grimes quality. I understand McStay isnt going to change us from basketcase to finals side overnight but I believe with his experience he will plug a hole very effectively as we develop another KPB we pick up in the ND.

The way we’re tracking he probably won’t want to come anyway - no one will..
Lets be honest. He'd be mad to leave brisbane now unless its for the Swans, Freo or Melbourne. Even then ... If I was him I'd do what my name tells me and McStay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back