Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But i think if the AFL was doing the fixture for Melbourne Fremantle this week it would have been the 7:30pm game on that Saturday night not the 4:45pm game.
This doesn't check out because the Eagles and Dogs is that game, when the fixture was announced both these clubs had won a combined total of 1 game lol

So much debate building about Fyfe.
On footy classified they spent ages talking about how we can fit him in.
Over on the eagles board some jerk off was having a laugh that Lachie Neale apparently said that Dayne Zorko was “by far” the best player he’s ever played with.

I hope Fyfey comes back in to the team in a few weeks and just adds another level to our performances and shuts all these ****ers up.
He’s a brilliant wild card to be able to add to the side for the reminder of the season

Over on the eagles board some jerk off was having a laugh that Lachie Neale apparently said that Dayne Zorko was “by far” the best player he’s ever played with.

I hope Fyfey comes back in to the team in a few weeks and just adds another level to our performances and shuts all these f***ers up.
He’s a brilliant wild card to be able to add to the side for the reminder of the season
I saw something like that on twitter and thought the quote was about Lincoln McCarthy and it was bc they've played together as juniors? His manager even replied to a tweet saying that

Before I joined up to BF I used to really enjoy reading the media page. Can we please get it back!?!?

No mate,Snuff decided it was too interesting and moved it into forgetness...WE WANT IT BACK SNUFF,PLEASE :blush::disrelieved::innocent:
We have the media thread as a designated source where all freo related media will be stored for poster's reference, with the discussion on said articles taking place in threads relevant to them, as opposed to the old media thread which had haphazard discussion. If you have any concerns with this, please PM Snuffaluphagus, Tonga Bob or myself to discuss it further

I hope Fyfey comes back in to the team in a few weeks and just adds another level to our performances and shuts all these f***ers up.

All I can say is that Lachie needs to go to OPSM, as me thinks that Zorko isn’t worth a place in the same changeroom as Mr Mundy.

I think Lachie was having a bit of a laugh, just poorly aimed.

Who was the **** head that decided to put the game v Collingwood on a Sunday night. I'm up that weekend again but that's when I'll be driving back.

Surely its a contest worthy of a Saturday.
Take Monday off
I am

I reckon he is going to go nuts when he gets back

Will be awesome to see him Mundy and Sonny firing up that engine of a well oiled machine.
Can’t wait
If it’s after the bye or even in August, so be it - I just want him 100%

Lachie neale is just looking after his current team.
You gotta fly the flag.
How the **** could you go past m pavlich

Following on with Melbourne changing its name to Narrm for a couple of rounds, thought I’d look up some info on the Fremantle region & it’s indigenous terms for those interested.

I know it’s not for everyone, but I like Melbournes initiative on this one & imo it would be a great thing for all teams to change their name for the Indigenous round each year for greater recognition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really uplifting article. When you think about the list profile and how young it is and all these gems unmined from lower down the draft you get that understanding of where the success is being built from. It takes a whole range of characters and types to make up a really good squad, a strong squad. Not everyone is a Harley Bennell freak skilled-kick, but the term 'spud' seems to be all but evaporating when the squad is as aligned as what it's become and you see that in players rising to the occasion, such as your Acres and Colyers etc. Some like Switta have been absolute revelations. I mean, pick 73!!! Forkkkk! Then you factor in that Justin hasn't been afraid to play the really young players, throw them in the deep end based on their talents and their understandings of the messages and you start to get a basic understanding of why so much is going right, right now! It's amazing.

Lyon - conversely, seemed reticent to blood too much youth, as was evinced in Round 3 2017 when he had to make those enforced changes and the likes of Dawson never featured again. The rebuild started (or the replumbing, rewiring etc), but it felt awkward, even a bit slapdash. Even though things improved a bit incrementally, here & there - I just felt like Lyon wanted a ready-made 2012/3 type team to challenge with, so it's no surprises we are where we're at today. With Justin "John" Longmuir (shout out to you Brad Johnson-Hill Hilary the 3rd) it feels like he has a clear message/method that is applicable across the board and already we have super-young and inexperienced, but nonetheless talented players making hay whilst the sun shines.....of course we all went nuts after the St. Kilda loss, but then what transpired since has been nothing short of unbelievable, capped off by the remarkable win at GMBHA/WMCA whatever the hell it's called....it's totally remarkable and a beautiful thing to watch unfold. Viva La Dockers!!

Driz gets our third GOTY nomination for the year and we're only 7 games in! I reckon I can safely say that none of those shots would've been taken under our last coach, or if they were, they would've been canned for not centreing it. Great to see our forwards being backed in to take shots, use flair, and back themselves.

Friday nights
This weekend is not a marquee slot on Friday night.
This game is an Aldi version of Friday night primetime. It’s like a fake Louis Vuitton bag bought for 10 bucks and passed off as the real thing.

It’s on KAYO, not channel 7 and there is Another game on FTA nationally at the same bloody time!!!
In fact, this game on Friday night v north is likely to have the lowest viewership of all freo games this year in the AFL.

No one in the national AFL media will be watching this, they will just watch the 5 min highlights at the end and base their opinions on that.
AFL screwing us over again.

Whats with the freo scarf i presume that's his pool room.

Am i missing something?

I couldn't imagine the likes of Pav would have an eagles scarf in his.

JL has probably got rid of his eagles gear when his assistant coach over there.
He played at Peel with a few Freo players.

He's got a huge soft spot for us, and was even talking about Freo being premiers in preseason.

He played at Peel with a few Freo players.

He's got a huge soft spot for us, and was even talking about Freo being premiers in preseason.
Ok i wasn't aware i dont live in perth or follow WAFL closely.

Interesting though i cant imagine too many ex Freo players especially of the ross lyon era having soft spots for eagles. Or would have eagles scarfs in there possessions.

Whats with the freo scarf i presume that's his pool room.

Am i missing something?

I couldn't imagine the likes of Pav would have an eagles scarf in his.

JL has probably got rid of his eagles gear when his assistant coach over there.
It's his podcast studio. Also he has been very positive towards Freo but clearly has a massive WC bias.

Ok i wasn't aware i dont live in perth or follow WAFL closely.

Interesting though i cant imagine too many ex Freo players especially of the ross lyon era having soft spots for eagles. Or would have eagles scarfs in there possessions.
I think once the blokes he played with move on the positivity will end tbh. Seemed like more of a personal well wishing than hope for the club itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back