Mid-season Draft - Wed, 1 June 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

The reports on him not being picked up is that he doesn't like close body contact. Looking at the highlight reel and his game today i have to agree and most of his marks were on shorter blokes and uncontested. Has got some size about him though. Have to see more or hear other opinions of people that have followed his progress.

Pretty big knock on a key fwd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would only want him if he can genuinely be a KPF option, don't need more depth defenders, already have Tarrant, Miller and Biggy in the VFL.

I think if you don’t have a seriously viable solution to a current problem you just take the best available player, or the best risky option knowing you are not locked in but can get a good look at him.

I think we have picked up a few useful players this way that were not acquired in the main draft and didn’t fill an obvious current or future need. But they have often performed well and some could end up having decent trade value. Pickett, Stack, Baker, Mansell spring to mind.

Sorry if already mentioned:

TOP Victorian mid-season draft prospects and many future stars of the men’s game will line up in the Colgate Young Guns v Victoria Metro U18 match at Werribee’s Avalon Airport Oval on Saturday.

The Colgate Young Guns team has been selected by AFL recruiters as they look to bolster their lists in the 2022 AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, which will be held on Wednesday 1 June.

The Colgate Young Guns features the state’s brightest 19-year-old prospects, most of whom are competing as top-age players in the 2022 NAB League Boys season.

The team also includes VFL-listed players Charlie Molan (Williamstown), Zavier Maher (Carlton) and Lachlan Carrigan (Richmond).

All players selected in the Colgate Young Guns squad are eligible for next month’s AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Calder Cannons assistant coach Matt O’Connor will serve as coach of the Colgate Young Guns, while Oakleigh Chargers head coach Jason Davenport will coach Victoria Metro.

The match will serve a separate purpose for the Victoria Metro U18 team, where players will be pushing their case for selection in the squad that will compete at the 2022 NAB AFL National Championships - U18 Boys.

2022 AFL Academy member Harry Sheezel is among the 23-player team selected to play for Victoria Metro.

The 17-year-old is coming off a huge performance in his most recent game for Sandringham Dragons, where he collected 28 disposals and kicked 6.2 in the win over Tasmania Devils.

Saturday’s match between the Colgate Young Guns and Victoria Metro U18 will commence at 4:30pm, following the Smithy’s VFL game between Werribee and the Sydney Swans.

It is the first in a two-game series for the Colgate Young Guns, who will also take on Victoria Country U18 on Sunday 15 May.

How to watch: Please click here to watch a live stream of the Colgate Young Guns v Victoria Metro U18 match.

1652171759481.png
1652171818003.png
1652171878545.png
1652171950009.png
1652172003888.png

Sorry if already mentioned:

TOP Victorian mid-season draft prospects and many future stars of the men’s game will line up in the Colgate Young Guns v Victoria Metro U18 match at Werribee’s Avalon Airport Oval on Saturday.

The Colgate Young Guns team has been selected by AFL recruiters as they look to bolster their lists in the 2022 AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, which will be held on Wednesday 1 June.

The Colgate Young Guns features the state’s brightest 19-year-old prospects, most of whom are competing as top-age players in the 2022 NAB League Boys season.

The team also includes VFL-listed players Charlie Molan (Williamstown), Zavier Maher (Carlton) and Lachlan Carrigan (Richmond).

All players selected in the Colgate Young Guns squad are eligible for next month’s AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Calder Cannons assistant coach Matt O’Connor will serve as coach of the Colgate Young Guns, while Oakleigh Chargers head coach Jason Davenport will coach Victoria Metro.

The match will serve a separate purpose for the Victoria Metro U18 team, where players will be pushing their case for selection in the squad that will compete at the 2022 NAB AFL National Championships - U18 Boys.

2022 AFL Academy member Harry Sheezel is among the 23-player team selected to play for Victoria Metro.

The 17-year-old is coming off a huge performance in his most recent game for Sandringham Dragons, where he collected 28 disposals and kicked 6.2 in the win over Tasmania Devils.

Saturday’s match between the Colgate Young Guns and Victoria Metro U18 will commence at 4:30pm, following the Smithy’s VFL game between Werribee and the Sydney Swans.

It is the first in a two-game series for the Colgate Young Guns, who will also take on Victoria Country U18 on Sunday 15 May.

How to watch: Please click here to watch a live stream of the Colgate Young Guns v Victoria Metro U18 match.

View attachment 1397054
View attachment 1397056
View attachment 1397059
View attachment 1397063
View attachment 1397064
Naming your kid Euriah the chemical in cats piss, brutal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freeman is shit. Let it go you weirdos.

As for Young I was really impressed with him against Port Melbourne albeit I don't think their ruck combination had much experience or skill for that matter. Haven't been as impressed with him when playing as a defender for the reason Morris gave in his post game assessment regarding a lack of attacking output.

D'Ambrosio is my pick at this point in time. Looked good in our intraclub match during preseason and was one of our best in round 1. Has been with Western Jets since. Doesn't play a position of need but think he is someone who will play a lot of AFL footy which is what we should be looking for.

As for Young I was really impressed with him against Port Melbourne albeit I don't think their ruck combination had much experience or skill for that matter. Haven't been as impressed with him when playing as a defender for the reason Morris gave in his post game assessment regarding a lack of attacking output.

D'Ambrosio is my pick at this point in time. Looked good in our intraclub match during preseason and was one of our best in round 1. Has been with Western Jets since. Doesn't play a position of need but think he is someone who will play a lot of AFL footy which is what we should be looking for.
If we go best available it will be something like him , if we go needs first which is talls stock then it will be likely tucker or something like that

I reckon D'Ambrosio is gone before our pick.

I think we would be mad to take another Key Defender given the depth we have in that area. Tucker would seem the best player to develop for mine. He showed enough during the last VFL game to demonstrate that he has the ability to become a quality tall forward. Lead well, was strong overhead, agile and a good kick for goal. Is a decent height too.

The only other type of player we could go for is another unsighted mid but we do seem to be developing strong depth in this area now. We won't have an early pick and I feel most of the midfield talent will already be taken by our selection and we don't need more 'average plodders' clogging up the list.

I say we take a chance on a player we actually need - vote one TUCKER! :smiley:

If watching Colgate Young Guns on the weekend, keep an eye out for:

#17 Jai Culley (Dandenong Stingrays)

Blew Vic Metro away in the first half as he proved far too strong for their midfielders, shrugging tackles, stepping through traffic and hitting packs hard. Took a couple of big contested marks and lay an enormous tackle on Ben Hempel as his superior physicality proved telling. His raking kick that he has previously shown was highlighted by a 55 metre running goal in the second quarter, one of his four first half goals. High on confidence, he got the give off from a teammate lining up for a set shot from outside 50 and made the distance comfortably – albeit inaccurately – in the third stanza. He also set up teammates, a darting bullet pass finding Max Ramsden inside 50 late in the second quarter, and lowered his eyes on multiple occasions, including a short 15 metre pass in the last quarter to Harvey Gallagher who was waiting 40 metres out. Fell out of it after the main break in his first game since round two of the NAB League, but he was undoubtedly the player that set the platform for a comprehensive win.

Last edited:
If watching Colgate Young Guns on on the weekend, keep an eye out for:

#17 Jai Culley (Dandenong Stingrays)

Blew Vic Metro away in the first half as he proved far too strong for their midfielders, shrugging tackles, stepping through traffic and hitting packs hard. Took a couple of big contested marks and lay an enormous tackle on Ben Hempel as his superior physicality proved telling. His raking kick that he has previously shown was highlighted by a 55 metre running goal in the second quarter, one of his four first half goals. High on confidence, he got the give off from a teammate lining up for a set shot from outside 50 and made the distance comfortably – albeit inaccurately – in the third stanza. He also set up teammates, a darting bullet pass finding Max Ramsden inside 50 late in the second quarter, and lowered his eyes on multiple occasions, including a short 15 metre pass in the last quarter to Harvey Gallagher who was waiting 40 metres out. Fell out of it after the main break in his first game since round two of the NAB League, but he was undoubtedly the player that set the platform for a comprehensive win.
I'd almost guarantee he's going pick one or two depending on if the Eagles choose a local.

Jacob Dawson

Vs Richmond
28 Disposals, 0 Goals, 4 Marks, 4 Tackles, 10 Clearances, 2 Inside 50s, 97 VFL Ranking Points

Vs Williamstown
25 Disposals, 0 Goals, 1 Mark, 4 Tackles, 9 Clearances, 8 Inside 50s, 72 VFL Ranking Points

Vs Werribee
33 Disposals, 0 Goals, 3 Marks, 7 Tackles, 9 Clearances, 6 Inside 50s, 116 VFL Ranking Points

Vs Geelong
32 Disposals, 0 Goals, 4 Marks, 2 Tackles, 8 Clearances, 4 Inside 50s, 98 VFL Ranking Points

Vs Footscray
35 Disposals, 0 Goals, 3 Marks, 10 Tackles, 15 Clearances, 5 Inside 50s, 132 VFL RP

30.6 Disposals a game
0 Goals a game
3 Marks a game
5.4 Tackles a game
10.2 Clearances a game
5 Inside 50s a game
103 VFL Ranking Points

Been an insane clearance player at VFL level
Also only 22
Added 28 Disposals, 1 goal, 6 tackles and another 15 clearances

This kid looks good - Josh Carmichael. 189cm, 88kgs. 22 years old, first season in the SANFL. Averaging 24 disposals, 18 kicks, 83% DE, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 5 clearances and 1 goal per games in a team that's been belted every week.

i've been going on about him for awhile, Maybe because he played at my local club last year, but he is actually backing it up. Playing in the West End State game this weekend so we should get a look at him without paying the sub to watch sanfl games. For the record he is a Richmond fan

This kid looks good - Josh Carmichael. 189cm, 88kgs. 22 years old, first season in the SANFL. Averaging 24 disposals, 18 kicks, 83% DE, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 5 clearances and 1 goal per games in a team that's been belted every week.

The name Carmichael gives me PTSD flashbacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid-season Draft - Wed, 1 June 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back