AFL Autopsy RND 11: Beaten at the Poohtress

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1411878

Had a shot on goal in a clutch moment that he's paid to take (and should) and dished it off. That's unacceptable and his drop in form extends before today.

Okey notorious apologist
If I am an apologist because I wasn't going to drop our leading goalkicker because he passed off one shot 55m out on the boundary (and go back and check the GD thread, I did say he needed to take the shot) , then whatever floats your boat.

But what do you even care for?
I mean, didn't you say you were going to disown the club if they ever picked Heppell again after round 4?

How is that going?

Last edited:
Good response to regain control after that first half - it's cliche but at the end of the day bad kicking (inside 50s included) is bad football and those early misses cost us. As Jones gets settled his leading patterns should stretch oppo defenses more and create some more space there.

Shocked we played reasonably well in the wet and didn't Essington it when it got slippery.

Ruttens press conference;

"yeh, effort was good, blah, blah, blah"

"learnings, blah, blah, blah"

"we'll regroup and go again next start, blah., blah, blah"
your posts are just as lame and tedious by the way.

Ruttens press conference;

"yeh, effort was good, blah, blah, blah"

"learnings, blah, blah, blah"

"we'll regroup and go again next start, blah., blah, blah"
to be fair to rutten he's pretty willing to admit that we're shit and point out that the midfield doesn't defend, what do you want him to say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durham's best game. A pleasure to watch.
Nice positive post. It's killing me to watch heppell try his heart out and fail more often than not, but good reminder to focus on the positives sometimes.

Durham looked great out there today. Wonder if it just clicked for him, or if he was asked to play the Redman role and that's what feels most comfortable to him atm?

If I am an apologist because I wasn't going to drop our leading goalkicker because he passed off one shot 55m out on the boundary (and go back and check the GD thread, I did say he needed to take the shot) , then whatever floats your boat.

Being shit in the wet is one thing but to literally have a moment to own and you get rid of that, it compounds it with poor efforts in previous games (which is what I brought up as well which you conveniently left out) and thus he is in need for the 2's to get his head right.

But what do you even care for?
I mean, didn't you say you were going to disown the club if they ever picked Heppell again after round 4?

How is that going?

Funny that you're still on that tongue in cheek post, if it were that easy to drop a club forever I would have done it during the saga.

Also funny since it was then that you were constantly shitting on me for calling Heppell out, how's that going for you now moite?

2nd half was ok after another terrible start.
Liked Martin, Hobbs, Perkins, Merrett, Hind McGrath for most of it, Larverde and Ridley for bits of it.

Waterman is just too slow to play the role we need him to play, and we need to find some small forwards who can both pressure and finish.

Good to see Jones out there again and leaping at the footy

Not just that, once the ball hits the ground he dishes off great handballs.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 11: Beaten at the Poohtress

Remove this Banner Ad

Back