Preview Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben McKay has been ruled out due to concussion protocols, while Tarryn Thomas has been left out of the team and will play in the VFL.

Aaron Hall returns to play his 150th AFL game after recovering from a hamstring injury, while also joining him in the side will be Jaidyn Stephenson.

If he is disgruntled or doesn’t like Noble for whatever reason, it’s becoming a bit obvious that there is something going on
Or not

Thomas dropped is an interesting call but one I don't necessarily mind

Strong ins. Seems we are swinging for the fences this week with Hall back
Avg 14 disposals this yr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting from McPherson re not meeting standards.

General Manager of Football Performance Dan McPherson said Thomas was dropped from the team in part due to form but also for failing to meet team standards.

“We’ve spoken with Tarryn and the leadership group and we’ve decided that the best thing for him and the team is to go back, play some good footy in the VFL and win back the trust of his teammates,” McPherson said.

“Tarryn understands why we’ve taken this path and we’ll keep working with him so he can recapture the form and effort he showed in the pre-season.”

Thomas probably deserved a spell he has been pretty garbage all year.

Laughable that Turner keeps his spot though.
Again we can’t drop everyone. As per afl app TT avg 14 disposals vs Turner 10, so it’s not that laughable, plus it seems from GKs post there’s some effort/standards issues with TT

don't mind TT being dropped.
seen most of his efforts and he just lets the opposition do as they please without any pressure.
probably still sore from his injury but hopefully he does what he needs to do in the 2's and comes back better than ever.
He's looked void of any confidence for weeks now. Hopefully he can get a bit of the ball in the seconds and start getting the mojo back.

Thomas dropped is an interesting call but one I don't necessarily mind

Strong ins. Seems we are swinging for the fences this week with Hall back
I don’t mind it if all other players are held to account, but the fact that Kayne Turner survives after a performance that was worse than pathetic shows this football department is being run by a bunch of deadset idiots.

It’s getting hard to want to even follow this club with the ludicrous calls being made at selection alone.

I have no issue with them dropping TT as long as players like Turner are also dropped. No wonder players don’t give a **** with their effort when they see clear double standards in place.

Don’t be surprised if quite a few players ask about potentially being traded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back