Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think Gollant would go alright against Lever. Would be the kind of player that would keep Jake accountable because he's a risk both on the lead and in the air (and surprisingly good off the deck).

Plus he's got the height/hops to bring provide a contest against Lever, and maybe curtail some of his intercept work.
If they have been paying attention, some success teams had against them was to have a sweeper out the back of the contest to prevent their gut runners from breaking past our players and getting easy goals. Collingwood did this really well.

The player that might work that role well could be Jones as he has speed and is generally a neat kick so could turn the play back around.

Re Lever, if the club again were thinking, then tag him with a player as you say like Gollant. Someone who can take contested marks, but has the height to nullify him in the air too.

When asked earlier in the season on a 5AA chat what was going wrong at the Crows [Kerley] said "They're soft. No point sugar coating it. They don't make tough calls and they're soft".
The above was posted in the Kerley thread, but my reply belongs here.

Thanks for posting that. Good call by Kerley. Blunt, to the point, spot on.
Many of the seniors have been playing as if they're entitled to their place in the side.
Tough selection calls in particular were not being made which has improved a little lately,
BUT
it'll be interesting if they keep Crouch out vs. Melbourne after
--- he had a good game last week
--- Tex's comments.

I reckon Nicks'll fold and go for 'experience', and Crouch back IN.

I actually think Gollant would go alright against Lever. Would be the kind of player that would keep Jake accountable because he's a risk both on the lead and in the air (and surprisingly good off the deck).

Plus he's got the height/hops to bring provide a contest against Lever, and maybe curtail some of his intercept work.
Didn't Gollant go to nicks last year and ask to play on lever?

Didn't get a game but debuted a few games later?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

In - Jones, Thilthorpe, McPherson and Newchurch

Out - Hamill, McAdam, Parnell and McHenry
mcpherson was garbage on the weekend.. turnover merchant.. especially in that first quarter.. south’s were red hot in that first quarter and mcpherson might as well have been wearing a south’s guernsey because he was helping them immensely..

Has only played 1 decent game. Don’t know what sanfl form you have been talking about.
1 decent game?..

you clearly havent been watching any sanfl games this season.

he’s been good all year..

he’s possibly only been quiet in 1 game if anything.

If we play Murphy ahead of Newchurch, then I'm done.
Start getting ready for the melts.

I've not seen any debut announcement so presume it's not happening.

Newchurch has apparently been showing some good form, and having 7 shots on goal last week is a great sign. If you can't get a debut based on that then he may as well pack his bags.

I have this sinking feeling that we're going to go into full experience mode this week, which is the not what a rebuild is.

Newchurch has apparently been showing some good form, and having 7 shots on goal last week is a great sign. If you can't get a debut based on that then he may as well pack his bags.

I have this sinking feeling that we're going to go into full experience mode this week, which is the not what a rebuild is.
We just announced Turner's debut in the SANFL team no reason why we wouldn't talk about an AFL debut first.

Neddy is doubtful with knee soreness anyhow, McAdam won't play so maybe Murphy and Tariek might come in, one as the sub?
you’d think Gollant would come in for mcadam.. more a “like for like” given both are strong aerially.

newchurch needs to come in for Ned regardless of whether ned is injured or not.. ned has been poor for a few weeks now.

but once again it looks like newchurch will miss out due to more bewildering bullshit by our arsebackward selection/coaching comittee.

if he was gonna come in we’d have received a “debut alert” by now.

this club is ****ed.. we have a small forward that has more x-factor, goal sense, speed and skills than most mchenry, murphy and Rowe combined.. and they arent playing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he had atleast 8-9 shots on goal.. couldve actually kicked about 8 if it wasnt for the wild swirly breeze.

on top of this he was directly involved in setting about 4 of his team mates goals due to very unselfish plays..

We just announced Turner's debut in the SANFL team no reason why we wouldn't talk about an AFL debut first.
Dear AFC media muppets,

who cares seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

about Turners SANFL debut!

Make with the Newchurch AFL Debut announcement already!

What experience?

The only experienced guys we have available are Laird, Crouch Tex and Smith. We are so young in both SANFL and AFL.

They had a YouTube video of Worrell yesterday, secretly hoping that means he Is strongly in the mix.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think their social media person is a long way disconnected from the club. We never even got a 50 games highlights video for Fog or Jones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back