Autopsy Round 16, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played well last week but his impact was much higher this week. He's definitely a follower but has that high marking game as well. They were sticking in his mitts like he'd used superglue as grippo last night.
Yep his impact was higher but i think paddy helps that. In even better news than winning last night I don’t have umpire today. Had a great 12 hours. I’m in that much form I’d be shocked if I don’t pick up tonight.

Every club has good ordinary players. He is rated by his pick number which isn’t his fault. I still think he will play a vital role when we are actually a good side

He's a bit like Mason Wood to me. He looked like he might be a very good player at times but overall he's disappointing. Kids like Naz and Windhager don't offer the stable baseline but you can see they bring energy, speed and bravado. I reckon Jack needs to improve in the next 12 months of he could easily be playing VFL most weeks. He's good enough for now but for us to improve he needs to be slowly phased out. He's the safe option but that only appeals for so long.

THINGS THAT MAKE ME GO HMMM

-Carlton supporters complaining about the umpiring. The Saints got reamed by the umpires
-Carlton supporters saying that the Saints didn't win that game.... Carlton lost it. Spare me. At the crucial times we dug deep and overcame adversity. One of the best wins we've had in a while.
-Why has it taken Highmore so long to break into this team. We just look a better team with him in the back six.

It was a great result and it's always a good feeling when you look forward to watching the replay.

THINGS THAT MAKE ME GO HMMM

-Carlton supporters complaining about the umpiring. The Saints got reamed by the umpires
-Carlton supporters saying that the Saints didn't win that game.... Carlton lost it. Spare me. At the crucial times we dug deep and overcame adversity. One of the best wins we've had in a while.
-Why has it taken Highmore so long to break into this team. We just look a better team with him in the back six.

It was a great result and it's always a good feeling when you look forward to watching the replay.

Heard that a bit last night re Carlton being the better side

Other than scoring shots we beat them in every key stat … they just had a few periods in the second half where they were on us but then we responded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was arguably our best win so far this year considering the injuries we copped, the one sided umpiring we copped and how badly we needed a win.

Sinclair the clear standout BOG player, he just bobbed up everywhere last night and he hardly ever wastes a disposal, he is the best and most reliable kick in our team, the guy you want kicking inside 50 as he always hits up our forwards or at least kicks it to their advantage.

Our forward line functioned a lot better last night and we had a better spread of goal kickers with Membrey, King, Ryder, Higgins and Butler all kicking multiple goals. Having so many goal scoring threats helped to take the heat off King and gave him more space to work in rather than being swamped.

Only downside from last night was the injuries but hopefully none of them are long term season ending injuries.

Great game of football last night. That would have been a classic finals game. I’m not buying into Carlton’s poor kicking for goal cost them,when our own poor kicking ensured it wasn’t over at Quarter time.

Genuine concerns next week on how to handle Fyfe Taberner and Lobb without Dougal.

Agree with your whole post - especially this.
Was thinking it was going to come back and bite us on the bum later.

Also, as we all know, Carlton kicks a goal, it comes back to the middle and the whole game changes. Who’s to say they get all the other opportunities to miss?

I actually thought they were, we were very bad with tackling and scragging.
The latter in particular.
Carlton definitely deserved more frees in their forward half than they got.
Battle, Wilkie, Howard and Webb all big offenders
Completely different sense of their performance from the tv coverage I grant you.
Troll

As proud as I have been of this great club in a long time.

This week has been the week from hell for me, completely doubted our management and direction.

A backs to the wall situation, everything against us for all the wrong reasons and like only St Kilda can do they draw you back with such passion and loyalty.

Hunter Clark, Dan Butler and Rowan Marshall take a bow, you showed the boys that there was no way we were going to let this one through our fingers.

We are back in it, doubters beware... this is a defining moment.

Carlton won the free kick count 21 - 9. Umpiring was clearly favouring the Blues. Despite that, the booing by their fans was outta control, and was doing my head in.

Well done Saints.
I could be wrong but I thought fans were booing Saad ,

That was arguably our best win so far this year considering the injuries we copped, the one sided umpiring we copped and how badly we needed a win.

Sinclair the clear standout BOG player, he just bobbed up everywhere last night and he hardly ever wastes a disposal, he is the best and most reliable kick in our team, the guy you want kicking inside 50 as he always hits up our forwards or at least kicks it to their advantage.

Our forward line functioned a lot better last night and we had a better spread of goal kickers with Membrey, King, Ryder, Higgins and Butler all kicking multiple goals. Having so many goal scoring threats helped to take the heat off King and gave him more space to work in rather than being swamped.

Only downside from last night was the injuries but hopefully none of them are long term season ending injuries.
Was that the only game this year that we’ve actually played well all four quarters?
Amazing what can happen when you don’t rely on a 6 goal third quarter by Maxy.

Was that the only game this year that we’ve actually played well all four quarters?
Amazing what can happen when you don’t rely on a 6 goal third quarter by Maxy.
Well said DS, very even the whole match against decent enough oppo. That needs to become our baseline for a flag tilt in next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back