Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't win another game. We will beat up on north who clearly want pick 1 and nicksy will get his chest out bleating how good we are by beating a tanking team. Lol. You know that's how they will roll. I would prefer the NFL lottery system for pick 1.
please tell me more about this NFL lottery system
Im intrigued

They won't win another game. We will beat up on north who clearly want pick 1 and nicksy will get his chest out bleating how good we are by beating a tanking team. Lol. You know that's how they will roll. I would prefer the NFL lottery system for pick 1.

The NFL does not have a draft lottery however the NBA and NHL do.

Walker has re- signed. Will be playing on . We need to trade smith. Brown should retire. Hawks youngsters are better quality than ours
Walker signed for another year, highly doubtful he will play beyond end of next year but he did miss an entire year with an ACL and his game doesn't require leg speed so he could do a Hawkins and play until 34-35 years old. Smith doesn't have any trade currency as he is clearly cooked along with Brown. Newcombe and Berry are equivalent in quality and Soligo/Rachele/Thilthrope are better than their youngsters, Schoenberg was last year. I'm very bullish on Taylor, Nankervis, Gollant and Newchurch.

1658631164186.png 1658631243056.png

Last edited:
According to Kane Cornes, Hinkley would be a better fit for North than Alistair Clarkson.
Two minute fireman will stop at nothing to try and get clarko to powaa. He has been talking him down all year and I guess powaa are the only club where they can get the best out of clarko?. Lol.

Strong chance Port would be worse if they sacked Hinkley.

I mean they're not going to get a coach like Clarkson, it would be a cheap rookie. Could very easily be a below average appointment.

On top of that I reckon Hinkley is getting Port to play better than their squad actually is right now. At the very best they are a mid table side, around that 8-12 mark.

A lot of the sack Hinkely chat is papering over other issues like their bog average, aging squad

Why can't we get umpires like this. Port getting an armchair ride
Seriously? We've had some VERY favourable home umpiring this season. Look at the Freo, Richmond, Saints and Melbourne games for starters.

If we had a player do what Daicos just did, they'd be watching that video from 30 angles for over 2 hours explaining all the things that they did wrong.
The last two players we had that could do that don't even want anything to do with the club these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just tuned into Collingwood Essendon, and McAdams younger, more talented brother has 3x 1st quarter goals. I give up.

Just tuned into Collingwood Essendon, and McAdams younger, more talented brother has 3x 1st quarter goals. I give up.
To be fair, if McAdam played for Collingwood, he would be producing similar results.

Ginnivan just copped the most obvious high tackle all season but not paid.

Think they've gone too far the other way with those calls.

The initial action is exactly what he’s always been doing. Can understand the ump not paying it once the arm goes up.

The sustained headlock after the ball comes loose is not on, and should have been penalised.

Went through all 2022 Vic team vs non Vic teams for the year to date to look at free kick counts.

To my surprise it was very close. Will be interesting to see how this fairs in the finals series.

1+ free count
Vic 39 games
Non Vic 37 games

4+ free count
Vic 23
Non Vic 20

8+ free count
Vic 10
Non Vic 7

Went through all 2022 Vic team vs non Vic teams for the year to date to look at free kick counts.

To my surprise it was very close. Will be interesting to see how this fairs in the finals series.

1+ free count
Vic 39 games
Non Vic 37 games

4+ free count
Vic 23
Non Vic 20

8+ free count
Vic 10
Non Vic 7
So non-Vic behind in every category. That’s hardly surprising to me, but certainly diminishes the perceived gap.

1+ free count
Vic 39 games
Non Vic 37 games

4+ free count
Vic 23
Non Vic 20

8+ free count
Vic 10
Non Vic 7
I'd like to see a breakdown of the count when games are in contention vs cheapies given in junk time to even the ledger.

I'd like to see a breakdown of the count when games are in contention vs cheapies given in junk time to even the ledger.
It's funny because as I was going through it a number of things came up but I was too far in to start keeping track.

Interestingly North and Wescoast faired quite well in free kick counts....and 3 of the 7 8+ counts for Non Vic were the Crows.

I was about to post that I’ve never seen a game where so many players are tapping the ball to the advantage of teammates. Not in the ruck but in general play. And then bang, in the goal square an Ess player slaps the ball to a teammate who kicks the goal.

It’s really smart footy. Something we don’t do often enough nor as well as other teams.

We seem to take possession of the ball and get tackled when a simple knock on would be so much more advantageous.

It’s a trend in the way good teams move the ball and something we should emulate.

I wanna speak to the manager!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back