Autopsy Round 20, 2022: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll whip us. We're an extraordinarily average team at the moment...
I think peeps are underestimating how hard we are to play against when we apply epic pressure, like we did early today in particular (pressure rating of 232, which is huge) and in the last half last week (both quarters over 200).

We might not do enough to capitalise on it, but we make it bloody hard for the other team to do much.

Remember our game against Geelong last year at Marvel for instance?

They were their usual top-quality H&A team, yet we were all over them like a rash, but we started with one goal from our first 11 shots, while they barely scored.

If we can manage to keep that pressure up AND start capitalising better, we can beat anyone, anywhere.

Sorry for intrusion, but great to see the Saints with their mojo back. Awesome to see Hanners kick a goal and rack up disposals as well. Round 23 shaping up to be a cracker with lots on the line for both teams.

I doubt very much there is anything in it for us come round 23 (Geelong in Geelong and Brissie before that and we will prob need to win both) but nice to still be mathematically possible.

Hope you guys get a good run in finals if, as expected, we don’t make it.

Ah yes, because he have a glut of tall forwards belting the door down.
2.5 with 11 score involvements and 18 touches.
He’s nowhere near his ceiling, but he’s not going back to VFL. Silly call
Come on, he needs to be dropped, delist DMAC, Seb Ross is useless and Hanners will never play for us again. Paton is no good, Wood is a reject from another club and the whole forward line is dysfunctional.

Just another day in Bigfootyland.

I think peeps are underestimating how hard we are to play against when we apply epic pressure, like we did early today in particular (pressure rating of 232, which is huge) and in the last half last week (both quarters over 200).

We might not do enough to capitalise on it, but we make it bloody hard for the other team to do much.

They were their usual top-quality H&A team, yet we were all over them like a rash, but we started with one goal from our first 11 shots, while they barely scored.

If we can manage to keep that pressure up AND start capitalising better, we can beat anyone, anywhere.
Not a fan of relying on that. Maybe the fact that it’s not come off so often is a sign that it’s unsustainable

Writing was on the wall midway through the 3rd when a kettle of Hawks in formation were wide open in the centre. Good coaching from Mitchell to swing the game.
It was us running out of legs. We looked tired in the 3rd. Maybe heavy legs after the Perth game.
Mitchell's only tatic is to bomb it from a kick in, he lost them the game by half time

That 5 minute period of utter selfishness changed the momentum dramatically.

Was happy to see Wood call it out on field and I hope that Ratts calls it out at the Monday review. What should have been a 50+ win turned into a sphincter tightening experience!
Honestly if the players stopped trying because of that then we should give up.

I find it amazing how we constantly blame Max.

It depends on which Saints team show up. We're tiring as the season goes on, and players that were in form, are now middling. I agree with you, that on our day we can beat anyone, it's just that on another teams day they can just as easily beat us up. That's the evenness of the comp right now.
Unfortunately for us, our pressure (when on) is elite, but our skills are barely AFL standard. This is why we can't bury teams...and why we can't keep up with teams above us. We need to play smarter, but we can't do that with sub par execution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how much better we seem to play when we throw the shackles off. Our best play seems to be when we go attacking and the pressure drops.

Come on, he needs to be dropped, delist DMAC, Seb Ross is useless and Hanners will never play for us again. Paton is no good, Wood is a reject from another club and the whole forward line is dysfunctional.

Just another day in Bigfootyland.

And yet you get likes from people who say the list is no good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2022: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back