Autopsy Round 20, 2022: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

We are hilarious to watch sometimes.

Really happy for Dan Hannebery. Putting aside how it hasn't worked out for the club, he's had an absolutely sh*t time of it.

Windy and Owens a lot to like. Sharman too. Not a fan of wood but he was good today.

But we play such unbelievably dumb footy at times. I was just laughing today. I've become immune to it all.... for now.

We are just absolutely sh*t users of the ball, and make it so much harder for ourselves than it needs to be.

But... happy we won. Let the torture continue.

Yep I have been annoyed that Sharman has been out of the team and then in the backline but believe that along with Windy and Owens we have some talent coming through.

They all have talent and all have that innate ability to see ball get ball that can not be teached

Agree on Wood, Paton I’m still not sure - has some shocking moments
Srs? Paton was terrific today. Best game this year by a mile and I don’t remember him playing a better one previously.

Game-high 13 intercept possessions.
13 contested possessions (only Crouch had more on the ground. Max with 10 the only other one in the top 10 who didn’t play midfield).
Career-high 25 disposals
5 tackles
1 contested mark

Hugely promising game.

Well at least we got the 4 points but as per usual we didn't make it easy for ourselves.

Our poor conversion for goal nearly cost us again, 10.15 when it could have been 15.10 and an easy win.

Marshall was huge with 174 Supercoach points, Steele, Crouch, Ross, Paton, Sinclair, Wood and Long all with SC tons too were amongst our best.

Our youngsters Windy, Owens, Sharman and new recruit Hanners didn't score SC tons but were all impressive too.

Srs, Paton was terrific today. Best game this year by a mile and I don’t remember him playing a better one previously.

Game-high 13 intercept possessions.
13 contested possessions (only Crouch had more on the ground).
Career-high 25 disposals
5 tackles
1 contested mark
Yes just saw his stats, impressive. Hopefully the trajectory stays up because he’s been on the cusp imo. Loved him pre injury

Cruised for 3 and a half quarters and nearly got rolled in the last half a quarter. Just went to sleep as is tradition with this side at this point. We desperately need a player who stands up and says “not on my watch”. Good footy from Marshall, Hanners, Owens and Steele and Sincs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King deserves an almighty rocket.

2 goals 5 and at least three times ignored team mates in better position.

Not good enough. Just not good enough.

And one out on the full. I'm not sure how he can go backwards with his set shots. He starts his approach within d*cks distance of the man on the mark. He's better kicking off one step.

Sorry for intrusion, but great to see the Saints with their mojo back. Awesome to see Hanners kick a goal and rack up disposals as well. Round 23 shaping up to be a cracker with lots on the line for both teams.
You'll whip us. We're an extraordinarily average team at the moment...which is frustrating as hell because individually the pieces should be better than the whole.
We'll finish 10th or 11th...which is pretty much where we deserve to be.
But great to see Hanner's do some good.

My god some of Sharman spoils. I think he could become a Jeremy Howe type player. You know what I love about him.
Composed down back and he spoils with intent. Some genuine rockets of his fist. Thought he and Pato were our best defenders today.
Mate I reckon he’d have more metres gained off of one spoil than some of our mids

And one out on the full. I'm not sure how he can go backwards with his set shots. He starts his approach within d*cks distance of the man on the mark. He's better kicking off one step.
I don’t care if it’s roughy or Rath how can anyone watch him kick like that and not say something. Blind Freddy can see he is not using any momentum from his run up. Then he kicks it next to the man on the mark. It’s like bowling in cricket with out a run up. All the coaches are complicit.

Really enjoying the Selwood wank montage for the 469th time.
Is there a greasier group of self congratulators?

I turned that off immediately. He's done more harm than good to the sport.

Chicken Dance GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2022: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back