List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the * is a Rooch

Is this SA radio?
he's the long time ex senior footy writer for whatever the paper in SA is called but i think he's semi retired these days. surely we're not interested in a player that can barely crack the crows, we're desperate but not that desperate...

Roo to Return Home: Make Me A Docker​

Cameron Zurhaar is resolved to return to Western Australia at the end of the 2022 season.

By Taylor Black - 3/08/2022

zurharr.jpg

NORTH MELBOURNE forward Cameron Zurhaar has informed the club of his intention to head home, ending speculation regarding his future at the club.
Raised on bigfooty.com.au in May, it has now been confirmed that the 24 year old Kangaroo forward will request a trade to Fremantle at the conclusion of the 2022 premiership season.

The out of contract former East Fremantle medium forward has played eighty games since his selection at number eleven in the rookie draft of 2016, averaging thirteen games a season to date in his career and 1.9 goals a game in a career best 2022 season.

It is believed that Zurhaar set his mind to returning to Perth after his relationship ended in 2021, spending more time in contact with his Fremantle Docker supporting family to help him through and hardening his dedication to be closer to them.

Fremantle Docker's Executive General Manager for Football Peter Bell described Zurhaar as a powerful medium forward that would fill a need in the Docker's forward line, capable of impacting the play in the air and on the ground. "We've been looking for medium tall solution for a while now, recently trialing Griffin Logue with some success, but we feel that Cam is better suited to that role and Griff offers more to the side in defense".

"With players leaving clubs for family reasons it's always complicated but given Fremantle is also looking for a Melbourne based home for our own Darcy Tucker, who we rate very highly internally, we think we can make a deal that suits both North Melbourne and Fremantle in short order, especially given that Cameron is out of contract and Darcy has a year to go committed to Fremantle." Bell said when asked about how the deal would be achieved in the shadow of both the Rory Lobb and Luke Jackson trades.

Zurhaar has had a mixed season, although it is his best to date, starting the year with eight goals in the first two months - missing the round five 68 point demolition from the Bulldogs with concussion. Since his return he has averaged 2.4 goals a game, including a high of six goals in a match winning performance against the Tigers in round 18.
Zurhaar.jpg
His role this year has oscillated between a link up role, moving the ball inside fifty and a deeper forward role rewarding him with more scoreboard impact - with both utilizing his fierce attack on the contest and pressure on opponents averaging 11 pressure acts per game in the 2022 season, ranking 14th at North Melbourne.

Darcy Tucker is expected to request a trade to Victoria to be with his partner who moved back home at the start of the year, with the big bodied 105 game 25 year old playing multiple best on ground games at Fremantle's WAFL affiliate side Peel Thunder as a midfielder resting forward. Credited in 2019 by Fremantle Captain Nathan Fyfe during his Brownlow acceptance speech for his hard defensive running work and playing off both the half back line and wing during the lead up to the 2022 season prior to injury - Tucker represents the answer to North Melbourne's issues moving the ball out of their defensive fifty with his silky left foot, experience and mature body.

"I've really enjoyed my opportunity with Fremantle and continue to work hard should another opportunity open up before the end of the season." Tucker commented Tuesday morning when questioned about his dedication while missing out on selection in the AFL side. "We have a really good team, albeit down on form lately, and there are very talented players in the roles I'd be filling so I'm supportive of the guys and want them to perform well but I'm certainly ready to take my chance if I get it. I think I can contribute all over the field"

When asked on his intentions beyond 2022 Tucker said: "I'm fully focused on doing what I can to achieve the most we can with this group this year, for Foss but also for ourselves, I've been here for the entire rebuild and I feel like I've put in the hard work and now we are enjoying success I want to be a part of that."

Fremantle seeks to get their premiership season back on track this Saturday against the Bulldogs in a must win for both clubs.

He's 24 with 37 games under his belt and has kicked multiple goals in 3 games this year, while backing up their ruck.

I've seen him play some shockers, and he gets a serious amount of heat from Adelaide supporters, but I can see our logic of doing some due diligence...there's possible upside there.

Cameron Zurhaar is resolved to return to Western Australia at the end of the 2022 season.

View attachment 1464839

NORTH MELBOURNE forward Cameron Zurhaar has informed the club of his intention to head home, ending speculation regarding his future at the club.
Raised on bigfooty.com.au in May, it has now been confirmed that the 24 year old Kangaroo forward will request a trade to Fremantle at the conclusion of the 2022 premiership season.

The out of contract former East Fremantle medium forward has played eighty games since his selection at number eleven in the rookie draft of 2016, averaging thirteen games a season to date in his career and 1.9 goals a game in a career best 2022 season.

It is believed that Zurhaar set his mind to returning to Perth after his relationship ended in 2021, spending more time in contact with his Fremantle Docker supporting family to help him through and hardening his dedication to be closer to them.

Fremantle Docker's Executive General Manager for Football Peter Bell described Zurhaar as a powerful medium forward that would fill a need in the Docker's forward line, capable of impacting the play in the air and on the ground. "We've been looking for medium tall solution for a while now, recently trialing Griffin Logue with some success, but we feel that Cam is better suited to that role and Griff offers more to the side in defense".

"With players leaving clubs for family reasons it's always complicated but given Fremantle is also looking for a Melbourne based home for our own Darcy Tucker, who we rate very highly internally, we think we can make a deal that suits both North Melbourne and Fremantle in short order, especially given that Cameron is out of contract and Darcy has a year to go committed to Fremantle." Bell said when asked about how the deal would be achieved in the shadow of both the Rory Lobb and Luke Jackson trades.

Zurhaar has had a mixed season, although it is his best to date, starting the year with eight goals in the first two months - missing the round five 68 point demolition from the Bulldogs with concussion. Since his return he has averaged 2.4 goals a game, including a high of six goals in a match winning performance against the Tigers in round 18.
View attachment 1464880
His role this year as oscillated between a link up role, moving the ball inside fifty and a deeper forward role rewarding him with more scoreboard impact - with both utilizing his fierce attack on the contest and pressure on opponents averaging 11 pressure acts per game in the 2022 season, ranking 14th at North Melbourne.

Darcy Tucker is expected to request a trade to Victoria to be with his partner who moved back home at the start of the year, with the big bodied 105 game 25 year old playing multiple best on ground games at Fremantle's WAFL affiliate side Peel Thunder as a midfielder resting forward. Credited in 2019 by Fremantle Captain Nathan Fyfe during his Brownlow acceptance speech for his hard defensive running work and playing off both the half back line and wing during the lead up to the 2022 season prior to injury - Tucker represents the answer to North Melbourne's issues moving the ball out of their defensive fifty with his silky left foot, experience and mature body.

"I've really enjoyed my opportunity with Fremantle and continue to work hard should another opportunity open up before the end of the season." Tucker commented Tuesday morning when questioned about his dedication while missing out on selection in the AFL side. "We have a really good team, albeit down on form lately, and there are very talented players in the roles I'd be filling so I'm supportive of the guys and want them to perform well but I'm certainly ready to take my chance if I get it. I think I can contribute all over the field"

When asked on his intentions beyond 2022 Tucker said: "I'm fully focused on doing what I can to achieve the most we can with this group this year, for Foss but also for ourselves, I've been here for the entire rebuild and I feel like I've put in the hard work and now we are enjoying success I want to be a part of that."

Fremantle seeks to get their premiership season back on track this Saturday against the Bulldogs in a must win for both clubs.
Slow day at work, Taylor? :laughing:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im actually all for Himmelberg. Last year i woulda said no to Will Brodie. Back the club in!!

You'd hope if we're in to Himmelberg it is because he would be cheap as chips and also a reasonable emergency cover if Lobb has once again expressed his wish to be traded.

If Lobb does go we're really thin on rucks so that's the only justification I can see. Otherwise i'd rather Treacy/Kuek got games next year.

View attachment 1464839

View attachment 1464880
His role this year has oscillated between a link up role, moving the ball inside fifty and a deeper forward role rewarding him with more scoreboard impact - with both utilizing his fierce attack on the contest and pressure on opponents averaging 11 pressure acts per game in the 2022 season, ranking 14th at North Melbourne.

Looks legit 😅 (watch this take off on msm! 😂)

Looks legit 😅 (watch this take off on msm! 😂)

I want to post it on the North Board and the Draft, Trade, Free Agency boards but it will make some people really upset so I can't bring myself to do it, let alone posting it on Facebook or Reddit - because we all know that it's a spoof but it gets less obvious as it gets more distant from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back