Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordy ain't going anywhere.

I may not have any "formal" psychology credentials but that doesn't stop me being an expert in the field. (I can do medicine as well)

Jordy is a lad. He's one of the boys. That in itself will keep him at Collingwood. Collingwood is where his mates are, and that sh*t is important to Jordy.

Now if you need any legal advice or medical advice or want to know how a Turk makes annoying people disappear. Let me know.
I'm an expert in many fields and my psychological expertise tells me that Jordy will stay.
He will be a pie for life.

That is reassuring, hocam.

I thought this was JDG's best game for the year. He adds so much value to our list that he must be re-signed. His indiscretion earlier in the year had to be dealt with and I think the club did well in sending a message to both Jordy and the wider playing list. There is a culture and standards that demand to be met and withdrawing his contract offer was the right course of action. I'm certain that the two parties will get back together and negotiate a reasonable outcome.

Really hope he stays, but logically, his off-field actions have made it a tough negotiation. He is worth what he wants if he can play the way he did last night on a consistent basis, but you just can't justify giving him more than two years with incentives until he shows he can get it together off the field for a sustained period.

On the other hand, why would anyone want to go to a pissant club like St. Kilda?

His best mate Maynard said it best post game when asked….
“He ain’t going anywhere”.

You can see it in how he was playing last night.
He was as invested and in sync with everything around him.
He played for his his teammates, he played as if this was the only place for him
He is enjoying life under McRae…his body language looks of a player who knows he’s staying.

Nice bump on Trac as he kicked it.
They gave each other a low 5 as they passed each other.
Bit of mutual respect.

Lots of respect in that game (if you ignore the one trick duck stuff), there were a lot of players helping their opposition get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be throwing a 4 x 800 deal back in front of him before he wins the Norm Smith

Legit, this is nonsense. He played great last night and the week before, but he has never shown the capability to maintain that form for a season. If he did he would be an AA, brownlow contender and very much worth 4x800k.

Against the Swans at the SCG is another huge test for him. Let's hope he passes with flying colours like he has the past two weeks.

I think the ‘wokish progressives’ on our board - whoever they may be - are here to stay. JDG may be about 10 years too late in terms of his AFL career to have his antics ignored or tolerated. He critically needs better advice and management around him. And it already seems that his earning capacity is diminished. Surely that, if nothing else, is a wake up call for him. There will be ‘wokish progressives’ on other club boards who will be wary of him too, especially at a high salary.
1659752983885.jpeg

Fly's quote on JDG from last night:

He's a free agent. That's his right to explore his options. I speak authentically, I'd love Jordy to stay. I know that's going to create a headline, but we'll just live in the moment and let Jordy keep being himself around our environment and make us better. Nights like tonight are a good example of his assets that makes us better.

This is the beautiful statement of a man who knows that different personalities should be welcomed, that the mix of types can create a chemistry which is far more powerful than a collection of programmed androids.

He doesn't just accept Jordy; he embraces him.

I will be angry if our club doesn't keep JDG where he belongs, in the black and white.

Fly's quote on JDG from last night:

He's a free agent. That's his right to explore his options. I speak authentically, I'd love Jordy to stay. I know that's going to create a headline, but we'll just live in the moment and let Jordy keep being himself around our environment and make us better. Nights like tonight are a good example of his assets that makes us better.

This is the beautiful statement of a man who knows that different personalities should be welcomed, that the mix of types can create a chemistry which is far more powerful than a collection of programmed androids.

He doesn't just accept Jordy; he embraces him.

I will be angry if our club doesn't keep JDG where he belongs, in the black and white.

Me too. I fear that the Saints are going to have a massive go at him. Story from Bayside is that a few senior ppl in the footy department who are hot for him but there are a few board members and even a few players who aren’t keen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we should put pressure on the club to sign jordy to a high-paying longterm contract, so we've got something to whinge about in a few years.....a la grundy.. rinse and repeat....

I can't see how losing De Goey will make us a better side in 2023. Even adding Taranto in his place would be a nil all draw at best. And what if Taranto chooses to go elsewhere? Yikes!

I can see how he will make another side better though and what if that side happens to be Geelong? Can't see how that improves our chances at a flag in the near future.

Might as well just keep him yeah.
I don’t know much about Taranto. Can you fill me in please.

Spraying a few kicks doesn't really effect his value. He's not as bad as Dangerfield. Plenty of the better players have some disposal issues. He's mostly ok with ball in hand. A power, burst athlete is always going to spray it every now and then.
Dusty says hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back