Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule number 1 : Never listen or give any regard to Mark Robinson’s opinion.
Let’s talk contracts with him when the season’s over. It works best for both parties.
Do that and he may already be out the door. If he finishes off the season and finals in current vein of form what other clubs are prepared to pay will rise. Just sign him now

Rule number 1 : Never listen or give any regard to Mark Robinson’s opinion.
Let’s talk contracts with him when the season’s over. It works best for both parties.

Yep too late now for such distractions. I’m sure they are chatting informally behind the scenes. It doesn’t need to be sideshow.

Do that and he may already be out the door. If he finishes off the season and finals in current vein of form what other clubs are prepared to pay will rise. Just sign him now
We have a weapon on our side in the negotiations .....

Screenshot_20220808-080536~2.png

If Bruzza says "he ain't going nowhere" - well he ain't going nowhere. End of story.
Seriously - team culture etc (ie winning) will be a key factor - it's not only $$$.
If Bruzza said JDG is moving in with me under a club sponsored "no night clubs" program there's the off field problem solved!

Yep too late now for such distractions. I’m sure they are chatting informally behind the scenes. It doesn’t need to be sideshow.

Yep. How would Robbo know what the club is doing with Jordy behind closed doors?

I see McRae's public declaration of support for JDG as pivotal in what takes place from here.

Yes, JDG is playing well but club itself has become a great destination itself.

St Kilda, really? GTFO here.

Last edited:
Yep. How would Robbo know what the club is doing with Jordy behind closed doors?

I see Macrae's public declaration of support for JDG as pivotal in what takes place from here.

Yes, JDG is playing well but club itself has become a great destination itself.

St Kilda, really? GTFO here.
What about the coach?

Pendles was on Triple M this morning and they asked him about the Franklin contract situation and he responded along the lines of - he may have already more or less agreed to terms with the Swans but they are not announcing it as it may become too much of a distraction for everyone at this time of the year.

It may be a similar situation with Jordy?

I see McRae's public declaration of support for JDG as pivotal in what takes place from here.
McRae's position grows stronger with every win. Keep winning and the club will give him what he wants- Jordy.

Agree - same for using the laugh emoji to signal disagreement with a post. Nut up and attempt a rebuttal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Perhaps humour is in the eye of the deliver. I use the laugh emoji predominantly to indicate I got a chuckle out of a post. It's the most confusing emoji, because others as you say signal disagreement with it.

On Friday night, I saw a different JDG, he was almost angry in his approach to the ball and was pushing players away with the don';t argue. Now, I've seen him do the don't argue before, but friday night it had extra venom and integrity. My question is, do you think he's trying to increase the value of his next contract, or is he desperate for collingwood to succeed this year?. I reckon I saw a JDG that said, "I want to play at Collingwood next year". He was dusty like on friday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Friday night, I saw a different JDG, he was almost angry in his approach to the ball and was pushing players away with the don';t argue. Now, I've seen him do the don't argue before, but friday night it had extra venom and integrity. My question is, do you think he's trying to increase the value of his next contract, or is he desperate for collingwood to succeed this year?. I reckon I saw a JDG that said, "I want to play at Collingwood next year". He was dusty like on friday night

Definitely the latter. His passion & commitment is palpable at the moment. I agree, he took his physicality to a new level, and when the Dees' pressure and clearance ascendency were giving us problems, his ability to burst through tackles and gain territory kept us in the game.

I think it was a show of frustration as well as wanting his team to succeed. He has had a tough year (in part due to his choices, in part due to injury) and hasn’t been able to take part in the winning as much as others.

Add to that coming so close in 18 with him as our FF, and him going down in the 19 finals (maybe we beat GWS with him?), AND the contract situation, there are so many reasons why he’s full of energy. He seems very invested in this squad.

In 2008 there was a lot of media speculation on Didak. By this early stage after the drink driving incident the vibe was that he was staying. Think that's the obvious direction of JDG. The coach wants him to stay. The players want him to stay. The fans want him to stay. He wants to stay. He stays for mine.

View attachment 1470063

If Bruzza says "he ain't going nowhere" - well he ain't going nowhere. End of story.
Seriously - team culture etc (ie winning) will be a key factor - it's not only $$$.
If Bruzza said JDG is moving in with me under a club sponsored "no night clubs" program there's the off field problem solved!
Bruzz needs to do to anyone recording De Goey for social media, what he did to Neal-Bullen. Problem solved.

View attachment 1470063

I'm not sure that Maynard and JDG living together is the answer. I suspect luck is the main reason their rap sheets differ.

I'm not sure that Maynard and JDG living together is the answer. I suspect luck is the main reason their rap sheets differ.
Add Ginni to house - he could do head high tackles if they head out late at night

Pendles was on Triple M this morning and they asked him about the Franklin contract situation and he responded along the lines of - he may have already more or less agreed to terms with the Swans but they are not announcing it as it may become too much of a distraction for everyone at this time of the year.

You'd have to think/hope there have been discussions taking place? Leaving negotiations until the end of the year is cutting things tight and invites rival offers. Free agency period opens up on the Friday after the GF...

View attachment 1470063

After that, Maynard then corrected himself and said: if he goes, I just want him to be happy etc....

But if Jordy signed, it'd be a boost to our morale. Can't see why they'd not want to announce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back