Autopsy Round 21 v Hawthorn @ The Apple Isle - August 6th 01:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks are 2 KPD down and playing McEvoy as solo ruck.

I'm not saying they are tanking but - they are tanking.

No other reason to drop Blanck (sorry, manage) and have no 2nd ruck.

One mid tall in attack with a debutant - plus 4 short forwards.

Hawks either are expecting an unannounced monsoon or - they are tanking.

To lose this would be unforgivable - Suns by 30+

Feel sorry for McEvoy - 250th and solo against Witts all day with a busted up mid-forward (Kositche) as chop out.

Could get ugly for the Hawks.

Thing is - they have nothing to lose. Win this and it's a great victory - lose, and it was expected.

Us - it's lose /lose isn't it.

sigh

First 5 mins will tell us if boys brought fight/intensity.

A bit worried about Rankine saga impact. It surely impacted me and I am just sitting on the couch :p
I understand that it's all business with Izak not signing his contract and possibly heading south to Adelaide but it would have to be uncomfortable for everyone on the trip to Hobart wouldn't it?
We're all flat so, even though they're professional athletes, they would have to feel a similar effect.
I'm hoping they come out and absolutely smash the Hawks, not because I don't like them (I don't) but to finish the year on a high.

Go Suns

No other reason to drop Blanck (sorry, manage) and have no 2nd ruck.

One mid tall in attack with a debutant - plus 4 short forwards.

Hawks either are expecting an unannounced monsoon or - they are tanking.

To lose this would be unforgivable - Suns by 30+

Feel sorry for McEvoy - 250th and solo against Witts all day with a busted up mid-forward (Kositche) as chop out.

Thing is - they have nothing to lose. Win this and it's a great victory - lose, and it was expected.

Us - it's lose /lose isn't it.

sigh
We couldn’t do much. Lynch is Ill the only other ruck we have is Ramsden who just isn’t AFL ready yet. Blanck needed a rest and DGB comes in. Lewis out hurts but we have some talls still who will be forward or rotate there.

We hope it gets ugly for the Hawks! Let's not forget we beat them by 67 points in round 11 so there's potentially mental scars there for the Hawthorn players. Plus, a win like that could see us surpass the Dogs in percentage and possibly overtake them on the ladder later today.

We hope it gets ugly for the Hawks! Let's not forget we beat them by 67 points in round 11 so there's potentially mental scars there for the Hawthorn players. Plus, a win like that could see us surpass the Dogs in percentage and possibly overtake them on the ladder later today.

We actually need more than that...~16pts per %, so to make up the 6.2% required, we'd need to win by about 100pts.

Of course, how much the Bulldogs lose by would also factor in there. (so if we win by 60, and they lose by 40, it'd be close...)

It's tough to get a big % change this late in the year, so really it's just win, try and win big, and hope that over the next 3 rounds the 6 matches involved (our 3 and their 3 ) all adds up to enough.

Rory Atkins as the sub! Brings a tear to the eye

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rory Atkins as the sub! Brings a tear to the eye

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I remember the day when Alex Sexton was the super sub

We actually need more than that...~16pts per %, so to make up the 6.2% required, we'd need to win by about 100pts.

Of course, how much the Bulldogs lose by would also factor in there. (so if we win by 60, and they lose by 40, it'd be close...)

It's tough to get a big % change this late in the year, so really it's just win, try and win big, and hope that over the next 3 rounds the 6 matches involved (our 3 and their 3 ) all adds up to enough.
That's where Fremantle comes into play. If they can put some points on the Dogs today then we'll get the percentage swing coming our way. It's unlikely we overtake the Dogs but who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seem a bit slow and unsure. Hawks pressing more aggressively and taking better options.

We seem predictable. And slow. Maybe we just expected the breeze to win us the quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21 v Hawthorn @ The Apple Isle - August 6th 01:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back