List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about finding a position for him. I think he's somewhat limited as of now, seems to thrive as an inside mid IMO but is not quite AFL quality compared to our mids, he doesn't have that one special elite attribute, which you need to play midfield at AFL level. He has good skills, but they aren't consistently good at AFL level. He applies good pressure, is agile and isn't slow, but doesn't have the sort of pace to be an elite & consistently effective pressure player.

He is, however, one of the hardest workers on the team from all reports and is a top quality bloke, one that coaches just would love picking. I think his best shot is as a forward if he develops his goal sense, essentially if you provide pressure, great, but needs to be able to have a bag of at least 3 in him from time to time, he looks good crumbing so more reps in the position might help, rest him forward at times in the VFL, see if he can kick a bag at that level. Or he can be the Spargo type, elite creative forward who is always in the right spots and is an elite kick i50, just sets so much up that he's in the side, would have a fair way to go to be Spargo level.

At his size he doesn't have the athleticism or truly elite skills to play in the backline a la Caleb Daniel, but I wouldn't be against a one or two game trial there, just don't think it should be the focus of his preseason. He may be able to at most be a Shiels type in midfield, the hard working role player that just does his job, you always need those in a premiership side.

Wherever he ends up playing, he's got 2 years to prove he can provide value at AFL level and while I don't want him in the side now, I'm not gonna rule him out just yet. Same applies to Mahony I guess although he's had far more chances.
This is going to sound harsh but it’s actually a compliment,
I think at the moment his best position is coming off the bench as a mr fix it, I’d put money on it, he’ll be one of the first to know the game plan. He’ll work his backside off and is already a fairly well rounded player, like you said without any elite attributes yet.
But he might be just that guy for the next season or two who’s capable of playing multiple roles and following instructions.
Just as valuable to any team as the starting line up.

Last edited:
Laz is a hard running two way wingman in the mold of Langdon imo. Needs to work as hard on his skills as he does on his body/fitness.

At the end of last season, I thought he was going to he one of our wingers for the next 10 years. I have lost confidence that he will be now. Fumbled a lot this year. Works hard so I'm not writing him off yet. Hopefully he makes it, good kid.

Wow, if Jon Ralph is right, Logue was originally only offered $250k by the Dockers for 2023.

No wonder he's looking elsewhere.

DOCKER OFFER UNLIKELY TO BE ENOUGH

Fremantle upped its offer to $500,000 a season for Griffin Logue but it still won’t be enough to keep him at the club as Victorian rivals circle.

Logue, wingman Blake Acres and key forward Rory Lobb will put in trade requests when Fremantle’s campaign finishes, with the Dockers still well-stocked for talent given the emergence of No.1 pick Jye Amiss.

Logue’s initial offer was about half of that figure but Victorian clubs including North Melbourne are clamouring to secure a lock-down defender who can go forward.

The Roos have entered the picture late but aren’t seen to be the favourite at this stage.

Acres is a lock to get to Carlton on a three-year deal of about $1 million after being lowballed on a number of contract offers by the Dockers.

Laz is a hard running two way wingman in the mold of Langdon imo. Needs to work as hard on his skills as he does on his body/fitness.

At the end of last season, I thought he was going to he one of our wingers for the next 10 years. I have lost confidence that he will be now. Fumbled a lot this year. Works hard so I'm not writing him off yet. Hopefully he makes it, good kid.
Ideally he hones his craft in the vfl, builds some confidence and gets plenty of touch and comes in when he is fit and ready. That's the benefit of potentially bringing in someone for that wing rotation. He is on the small side, so I'm sure getting knocked off the footy would shake the confidence to go after the pill.

We think our drafting is bad ... Look at Silvagni's record at GWS and Carlton (stolen from the Stocker thread):

2: O’Rourke
3: Tyson, Plowman, Dow
4: Jarrod Pickett
5: Buntine, WHE
6: SPS
7: Ahern
10: Sumner, O’Brien
12: Jaksch
417B4A32-4CBC-434E-9E8A-566E4C3378CC.jpeg

So is Patrick Walker, but I doubt clubs will be jumping across mountains to secure his services.
Did you read the post I quoted?

We wouldn’t be “busting a gut” bringing in Stocker. He’s free. Doesn’t require us to trade any assets.

If the same comment was made about Brad Hill, I’d be inclined to agree.

Did you read the post I quoted?

We wouldn’t be “busting a gut” bringing in Stocker. He’s free. Doesn’t require us to trade any assets.

If the same comment was made about Brad Hill, I’d be inclined to agree.
There's also a difference in quality. Whilst there is buyer beware on any delisted free agent, Stocker actually player senior footy and has had his moments doing so. Someone mentioned Tom Williamson, liked the look of him in the vfl, would be a good rookie signing. Strong, pretty good skills and for whatever reason had some issues which no doubt impacted his footy. Likewise stocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't just list blokes because they're free agents though.

Why have Carlton ruled him out? Would want to get a handle on that especially with his high profile draft cost.

Buyer beware.

An ITK Carlton supporter I know said he is on the outer with a fair few players and his dedication off field has a bit to be desired. Something doesn’t feel right about it all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here is a roughy
I definitely do not want to lose Thomas

Adelaide get Rankine

Gold Coast get Thomas

North get Harry McKay

Blues get pick 5,7

Last edited:
Blind Freddy could see Laz has a lot of potential. There's a couple older guys who've had enough time and shown they aren't worth persisting with however.
He needs to look at the work that Lachie Neale has done to be more clean with his hands. He gets in the right spots but then fumbles too much.

You don't just list blokes because they're free agents though.

Why have Carlton ruled him out? Would want to get a handle on that especially with his high profile draft cost.

Buyer beware.
All good points; I wonder though whether all is well at princes park - Tom Williamson walking out half way through the season and immediately turning up at Arden street, and now this - I can’t say I’ve followed stoker, but his highlights reel looks credible

An ITK Carlton supporter I know said he is on the outer with a fair few players and his dedication off field has a bit to be desired. Something doesn’t feel right about it all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Playing at Carlton would do funny things to a bloke. Particularly given the circumstances with which he came in.

Fresh start, clean slate and all that - he might find motivation again with a good, supportive bunch of team mates and coaches at the right club.

Interesting that he was drafted as inside mid IIRC. He certainly looked like a good pick up in year one, but has gone backwards since.

I thought Stocker is an inside mid? If so, why compare him to Perez?
Has played predominantly as a back pocket/flank.
Main point is that Flynn is out of contract and I would rather we keep him for that role than a delisted blue who has injury/tank concerns.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

All good points; I wonder though whether all is well at princes park - Tom Williamson walking out half way through the season and immediately turning up at Arden street, and now this - I can’t say I’ve followed stoker, but his highlights reel looks credible

Agree, he looks a good player in highlights and one who could meet some list needs for us.

22yo, 184cm, 86kg. 28 senior games with 23 of them over the last 2 years. All encouraging demographics. Underwhelming statistically though fwiw.

This still reeks of buyer beware for mine. Clubs aren't often stupid enough to delist 1st round picks 4 years in without cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back