Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Demetriou, McLachlan and the AFL stitched up Hird to make him take the fall for the drug saga makes me hope he gets the role as coach.

And that the press conference announcing Hird as coach is on the same day as McLachlan's farewell presser.
He took them on & they made him pay big time. You can't beat the Afl machine.

Not saying that Geelong are going to win the GF, but showing that you don’t need to rebuild a playing list to be successful. Also helps though when you have elite players nominate you every year.
Last sentence is why they continue to be competitive plus good draft recruiting tbf

Micro dosing is the way to go these days.

They just seem like such a well drilled team and they want that flag, fulfilling their own destiny, great to watch. It seems like 3/4 of their team are tall huge players who can play fast and small. Can’t see anybody beating them this year. They sont seem flakey in any way. Hopefully Ken realises why Scott signed an extra two years and he didn’t.

Geelong are probably overdue to win a flag.
21 points up at half time in the 19' PF and lose.
15 points up at half time in the 20' GF and lose.
If you go further back they were 20 points up at 3qt in the 13' PF against the Hawks and still lost.

They've been finals chokers and flakes pretty consistently post 2011.

Barely noticed

Zorko
McCluggage
McStay
Answerth
McCarthy

Neale a non-factor
Daniher no threat near goals
Hipwood remembered he wasn't playing Port
Berry tagged Dangerfield to a best on ground performance
Cameron tried but Miers was a better small forward

Geelong challenged them physically, just ran off them in waves and continually applied scoreboard pressure. A near complete performance.

The Melbourne players should be kicking themselves after watching that limp wristed effort by brisvegas last night as they were probably the only team that could have genuinely challenged Geebung this season.

I suspect next week's gf will be a one sided smacking by the cats, regardless of whether the opponent is the Swans or the wobblers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He took them on & they made him pay big time. You can't beat the Afl machine.
Yep. Although it did not go entirely to plan for AFL House.

Hird did get his full $1m pay entitlement for the 2014 season while suspended (despite Demetriou falsely and knowingly claiming multiple times on air that wasn't the case) and McLachlan trying to keep the deal secret.

There was also the free trip and scholarship to the INSEAD Business School in France for Hird and his family for the 1 year suspension period.

The release of documents showed that Demetriou and McLachlan bent over backwards to give Hird a secret multi-million settlement in an effort to keep him quiet and get him out of Australia.

Why was that I wonder? Another example of AFL Inc. breaking the rules to protect its image?

The Melbourne players should be kicking themselves after watching that limp wristed effort by brisvegas last night as they were probably the only team that could have genuinely challenged Geebung this season.

I suspect next week's gf will be a one sided smacking by the cats, regardless of whether the opponent is the Swans or the wobblers.

"Thank goodness for Collingwood" eh? Close game guaranteed after last year's prelim margins 71 and 83 and 74 in the GF, and last night's 71 points.

Chris Scott can blame the bye when they lose to Collingwood in the grand final

I'm sure similar sentiments were expressed in 2008 - anything can happen in a grand final.

Sign in the crowd last night I first seen over 30 years ago when Port won the flag with Delaney and Phillips at the back end of there careers
To Old
To Slow
To Good

Hopefully with better spelling

It was heartwarming to think just when the crows thought they would get away with Dangerfield not winning a flag he kicks the lid off the coffin.

And Betts and Stengle embracing after the game.

And Jenkins in the coaching box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back