Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

But can he actually play?

Been playing basketball for the last few years far as I know, that's where his heart is it seems.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

But can he actually play?

Been playing basketball for the last few years far as I know, that's where his heart is it seems.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
No idea if he is any good or not. But if he's kicking the footy around now and dad's advertising it, it seems like the aim? Not like Kouta to flog dodgy products though....lol

Guessing the basketball dream has officially failed on the back of a lack of NBL interest... he's 20 so he's got time on his side to transition, but what's his athletic profile like? He'd probably be 192 cm (194 in boots)?

Looks physically well conditioned, so question mark is on endurance base, speed and skill/read.

Quick glance over this footage suggests he lacks the size/leap combination to play a power game in basketball, and his defensive read is a bit average, being way too focused on his primary matchup.

Technique is a bit patchy, and lacks the kind of agility to excel at getting open in the key. It's a quick look at a small sample size, but he's got traits that are better suited to footy.

I would be looking at him as a forward with stoppage stints, subject to his footskills.

Guessing the basketball dream has officially failed on the back of a lack of NBL interest... he's 20 so he's got time on his side to transition, but what's his athletic profile like? He'd probably be 192 cm (194 in boots)?

Looks physically well conditioned, so question mark is on endurance base, speed and skill/read.

Quick glance over this footage suggests he lacks the size/leap combination to play a power game in basketball, and his defensive read is a bit average, being way too focused on his primary matchup.

Technique is a bit patchy, and lacks the kind of agility to excel at getting open in the key. It's a quick look at a small sample size, but he's got traits that are better suited to footy.

I would be looking at him as a forward with stoppage stints, subject to his footskills.

Guess the old man has some idea of his potential. To put “positives” on social media of small steps at his age has a bit of intrigue. Pipe dream, but if showing a little on the track, would it be worth a sneaky Cat B addition before he plays any competition footy. Free hit.

Guess the old man has some idea of his potential. To put “positives” on social media of small steps at his age has a bit of intrigue. Pipe dream, but if showing a little on the track, would it be worth a sneaky Cat B addition before he plays any competition footy. Free hit.
I think we can trial him without drama before committing? Just have to file the paperwork.

FWIW I think his stride is too long for how he wants to play basketball, and with room to move in a F50 and up the wing he'd flourish. Just a question of his kicking action, but maybe he'll just be an inside mid from the start.

Looks like he's been getting lean, as you can see a marked difference in the space of 5 rounds during competition.

I've noticed Lukas seems to have lost some of the puppy fat. Probably coincides with a growth spurt and taking sport more seriously but interesting nonetheless.

I can't say I have any in depth knowledge of the Koutas but from his Anthonys social media it seems Lukas is more interested in footy than Jamie was/is.

In any case the F/S situation we should be getting excited about is the Camporeales. Obviously not putting eggs in any baskets but should that pan out it would be amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've noticed Lukas seems to have lost some of the puppy fat. Probably coincides with a growth spurt and taking sport more seriously but interesting nonetheless.

I can't say I have any in depth knowledge of the Koutas but from his Anthonys social media it seems Lukas is more interested in footy than Jamie was/is.

In any case the F/S situation we should be getting excited about is the Camporeales. Obviously not putting eggs in any baskets but should that pan out it would be amazing.

Not only exciting, it allows us to somewhat manipulate our trade/draft periods over the next 3 off seasons

I can't believe nobody has pointed out the platform shoes that he's wearing.

They remind me of Jimmy from Seinfeld.

DMIvHQuVAAApMQs.jpg

Surely Kouta is a long way off, only 12 or 13 iirc. Judd would be similar, 11 or 12 I'd have thought.

After a quick google search apparently Juddy kicked 6 in a game in 2021. Get him in now surely would fit right in with our small forwards.

Didn't he also have twin boys? 3 Judds in one team would be nice...

I can't believe nobody has pointed out the platform shoes that he's wearing.

They remind me of Jimmy from Seinfeld.

DMIvHQuVAAApMQs.jpg
Where do you get said platform shoes.

Asking for a friend...

Cody Walker (26.01.’08) plays on ball for Echuca and a couple of representative squads. 2026 draft if my mathematics are correct.
I think I saw something about his running ability and it is off the charts for a kid his age. 99th percentile type stuff.

Few potential sons of guns in the next few years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back