Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am on Campo watch in season 2023 and 2024.

Ben and Lucas both played for Glenelg U18 in their opening game of the season over the weekend vs Central Districts.

Stats:

PlayerDG.BKHBMCMTHOCLI50R50FFFAFIP
Ben Camporeale221.0121052301130089
Lucas Camporeale190.013650101300167

So Kouta's kids and Campo's kids look to be relevant from 2024 onwards.

Anyone else on the radar? How old is Judd?
Jamie might be a cat B this year, Lukas in about 6 years time. Campo's boys will be next year. I think that the younger Hogg might be this year as well.

I am on Campo watch in season 2023 and 2024.

Ben and Lucas both played for Glenelg U18 in their opening game of the season over the weekend vs Central Districts.

Stats:

PlayerDG.BKHBMCMTHOCLI50R50FFFAFIP
Ben Camporeale221.0121052301130089
Lucas Camporeale190.013650101300167
I think that Ben is the more highly rated of the two. He's a genuine winger as opposed to Lucas being more of a halfback flanker. However, they can both play anywhere on the flanks if push comes to shove. If Ben keeps coming on like he has, he will be a first rounder. Lucas might get into the second round.

I think that Ben is the more highly rated of the two. He's a genuine winger as opposed to Lucas being more of a halfback flanker. However, they can both play anywhere on the flanks if push comes to shove. If Ben keeps coming on like he has, he will be a first rounder. Lucas might get into the second round.
Thing is with wingers is there's flexibility to push them to HB or HBF as well as wing.

Perhaps Ben may even develop into an outside mid as opposed to solely wing.

Thought that's pure speculation on my part, but basically from what I've read is that Lucas is more the genuine outside/wing/flanker type and Ben is a bit more wing/around the ball more.

Thing is with wingers is there's flexibility to push them to HB or HBF as well as wing.

Perhaps Ben may even develop into an outside mid as opposed to solely wing.

Thought that's pure speculation on my part, but basically from what I've read is that Lucas is more the genuine outside/wing/flanker type and Ben is a bit more wing/around the ball more.

Pretty much

At this early stage, Lucas is more effective outside, Ben more the balanced mid

Fantastic to hear this. Thinking way too far ahead - could be hitting their straps to slot in nicely when Acres and Doch start to slow down.

It was/is the other way around, but Ben might shoot past him, who knows. Just a guess, Lucas is the 'silk' whereas Ben might have a bit more 'mongrel'.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't that be great. First game, cap presentation

The famous pic :laughv1:

ET-41-8VAAAo_Hs.jpg

Will they be Daicos like acquisitions for the club? Could just imagine the media articles if all four were to play in the same game and in similar positions, would be wonderful.

Maybe could be as good as Josh Daicos, but I think most clubs will be waiting a long time for a Nick Daicos type player to come for free. (We have Walsh who is better but we paid full price!)

Maybe could be as good as Josh Daicos, but I think most clubs will be waiting a long time for a Nick Daicos type player to come for free. (We have Walsh who is better but we paid full price!)
It is just a wonderful thing to watch a player who can kick the ball so well, even if he is a Collingwood player....
Hope the Campo boys can kick well, my memory is poor but I think there dad was a good kick

It is just a wonderful thing to watch a player who can kick the ball so well, even if he is a Collingwood player....
Hope the Campo boys can kick well, my memory is poor but I think there dad was a good kick
At his peak when playing for us, Campo was one of the premiere midfielders in the comp. A sublime kick of the footy whether it was in a HB/qtr back type role or streaming out of the midfield delivering darts into the fwd line. For his size, pound for pound, was as tough as I've seen, played angry at times and never took a backward step against much bigger opponents. Loved sticking it to his opponents.

"every time I got the ball, I'd wanna make the opposition pay"

And pay they did Campo.

Last edited:
At his peak when playing for us, Campo was one of the premiere midfielders in the comp. A sublime kick of the footy whether it was in a HB/qtr back type role or streaming out of the midfield delivering darts into the fwd line. For his size, pound for pound, was as tough as I've seen, played angry at times and never took a backward step against much bigger opponents. Loved sticking it to his opponents.

"every time I got the ball, I'd wanna make the opposition pay"

And pay they did Campo.

Campo, Braddles and Houlihan were may favourites watching in that era. Always seemed so smooth, sublime skills, and kept on running... skill plus...

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back