Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to get a win on the board and pleased that Brocky had the perfect restart to AFL footy

Also glad to see Scrimmers back
Not sure what was going on there but he adds experience and some cool thinking

Glad to see that Will sent a stfu to some on this board

:thumbsu::
  • All the ins having a significant impact
  • Brocky - got to play every game he is fit for. Might be one of those weird units that just plays at the level of the competition he is in. Chad coming back cannot push this bloke out.
  • Scrimmers - had a very good game, but his leadership demonstrated is understated. Lots of talk. One time in the second half CJ would've been run down previous weeks, but Scrimmers was screaming at him, got the handball receive and cleared.
  • Will Day. Just Will Day.
  • Same with Dyl Moore.
  • Nash was so important all game, especially 2nd half when we were flagging. Just kept tanking in. Bloke was part terminator today. I'm gonna try and get him a vote
  • Sic didn't do much wrong. Did I see 18 marks? Hells Bells, if his named ryhmed with "Pooart" we'd never hear the end of it!
  • MacDonald was huge late when we were short of gas. Almost the difference when North were surging.
  • Fergus is close to our highest functioning "tall" forward in terms of craft. He nails that last set shot, he's almost in the votes
  • Mackenzie did fade late, but did a power of work. Future years I'd be pretty happy with a gameplan based around "when you can, try and give it to Frenchy". Kid makes shit happen. #KID
  • Not popular, but Morrison was so important structurally and workraterlly. Yeah I know there were a couple of disposals turned over when he was hot, but the amount of times he started on the wing, ended up the deepest defender, before ending up forward. Did a power of work. Need more data, but could be part of the puzzle why our midfield defended better for 3/4s. Someone said if Morrison is the saviour then we're in massive trouble. He'll never be the saviour, but he's a handy bloke to have around in the meantime.
  • I thought Mitch coached pretty well against the master coach today.
  • So good to see the young blokes milling around laughing and smiling in the rooms after. Done a power of good to the squad today did! šŸ˜

Strong overhead and has such a piercing kick. He loves to kick to advantage too.

Even when he doesn't mark he just has the strength to bring it to ground or better yet tap it to advantage.

Adding strings to his bow. He's going to be elite.

Nash.

Demolished* Cunnington in the head to head stats.
24 disposals.
1x Goal Assist.
2x I50m.
5x Score Involvements.
6x tackles (incl. 2x inside F50m).
402m gained.

Yet Tassie Cryptik hasn't posted all afternoon.:think:

I'm starting to think that Tassie Cryptik might be Nashy, but can't post because he's stuck doing the after-game cool down!

*yeah, maybe not 'demolished', but beat him cleanly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching and havenā€™t read the thread yet, but I acknowledge the superior knowledge of the selection committee: Frost was fantastic despite the turnovers, CJ had spark, and Reeves was outstanding in the first half in particular.

Moore and Day best for us.
Reeves isn't getting much love but felt he played well. Contested, hit bodies hard, got some good clearances and only gave away one ruck infringement (which Goldstein is a pro at drawing).

That was a win built on effort .
Well done boys , wrapt for the young guys and coaches .

Thought we got a great even contribution from the mids .
Backs back to defending but still giving drive when its right .
Day bog for mine with Moore who now must be the best of his type in the comp just shading behind .

Sam out coached Clarko today. Plain and simple.

To the media writing the bullshit headlines, suck on the big one. Here is another headline for you to write - Hawks donā€™t know how to tank:rolleyes:

We had a real go today. Despite trying our best to throw the game with easy misses, not even the shit umpiring could stop us.

Welcome back Scrimmers - provided a real noticeable assurance in the backline. Doesnā€™t have the dash,but boy can he kick and mark, and intercept and put his big frame in the way

Thanks for making the wait worthwhile Brocky. I hope you find the continuity to be your best. We will be so much better for it.

Will Day can play in midfield, exceptionally well. Can take a grab as a midfielder which is going to make him very dangerous in time.

Moore is heart and soul. That tug of the jumper was a great FU that we all enjoyed immensely

Our rucks were much better in the second half when they realised self preservation isnā€™t suited to a ruck role. They wore Goldstein down.

Nash. More please. Use that body to crash in like you did today.

Our Defence produced its best showing for the year to date. Played smart and ran to create wisely. None of the easy goals out the back.

To the coaching group THANK YOU for a well thought out defensive plan this week. The Kangaroos could not transition the ball from defence pretty much all day. We gave them the space in front of us but blocked the key areas which created indecision on their part.

To those of our supporters who remarked we were not going to win a game all year after two rounds, you are really no better than the media when you make these suggestions. And remember, We Are HawthornšŸ¤«

Ward is having a decent start to the season:
26 touches, 8 marks, 4 tackles
19 touches
27 touches, 5 marks

Reckon he will be able to really wrack them up at will once he hits his peak.

I keep saying he's becoming a great player as I keep getting less and less impressed with his 20 possie games.

It's becoming an expectation.

Nash.

Demolished* Cunnington in the head to head stats.
24 disposals.
1x Goal Assist.
2x I50m.
5x Score Involvements.
6x tackles (incl. 2x inside F50m).
402m gained.

Yet Tassie Cryptik hasn't posted all afternoon.:think:

I'm starting to think that Tassie Cryptik might be Nashy, but can't post because he's stuck doing the after-game cool down!

*yeah, maybe not 'demolished', but beat him cleanly.

Nash was really good and I feel he took Cunnington out of the game in the second half (he was their best in the first half).

But c'mon, this place is much better without Nashy Cryptic. Don't summon him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back