Autopsy Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Remove this Banner Ad

My mum slowly lost interest in the club since my old man died but Saturday night was the first game she's watched in full since Roo's 300th. She loved seeing those players celebrated, sending me pictures of Lockett and Winmar together, Stewie Loewe talking with Spida.

She even taped it and watched the replay yesterday. Very unlike her but it made me proud to see her invested again and just shows how people will jump back on board when we play for the jumper and have a crack.

We sat just around from the cheer squad and there was a lot of teenagers reinvesting their energy and giving it back to the Essendon nuffies behind them. All taking selfies and shit young people do. Actually gave me a bit of hope for the future. Most games it's people over 30 predominantly or very young kids who can't choose.

Gee the amount of people at work that said to me that plugger looks gaunt and crook

I said hes looked like that for years lol

He looks freaky to me still. Every year he seems a bit thinner.

We sat just around from the cheer squad and there was a lot of teenagers reinvesting their energy and giving it back to the Essendon nuffies behind them. All taking selfies and s**t young people do. Actually gave me a bit of hope for the future. Most games it's people over 30 predominantly or very young kids who can't choose.
And a big win for the old toon army this morning. All coming up roses.

He looks freaky to me still. Every year he seems a bit thinner.
Maybe its because we hardly see him in person and only have the image from playing days which is quite different

Would love for him to get involved with the club but its just not his style is it

And a big win for the old toon army this morning. All coming up roses.

A bit like the Saints, they have come from nowhere to be a decent side without having to spend heaps of Saudi blood money yet. A few years ago they were absolute shit and always battling to stay out of relegation.

Ten minutes of Mason. Fourth quarter Apr 1 St.K V Ess:

1680502178737.png
19:33 to go.
Half back, Warne stand side. Gets a sharp handball from Sincs at full pace. Has a good meter of separation. Shanks the kick a bit with a push from Redman. Had more time here but the pressure was coming. Kick is intercepted. Ball transitions across Essingtons half back across the middle. Caldwell kicks the tin-arse goal from the pocket.

17:15 to go.
Cleans up out of a contest on Essingtons Half forward line.
Nice clearing kick 50 meters up the line to Cheeto who is legit held by Redman. Ball goes over the line.
1680502695908.png

17:00 to go.
Steals a ball here from Ridley that he was three meters from and really had no right to get. Spills the handball in a tackle and it is turned over. Made a contest out of absolutely nothing. If this came off it would have been the play of the game.
1680503015881.png

1680502962304.png

16:10 to go
Third man up in a pretty deep Essington entry. Spoils the ball over the boundary. From the ball up Jweb gets his cheek broken and Essington hit the post.
1680503241445.png

13:15 to go- Scores Level.
Members wing- Seems to have switched sides of the ground, with Owen pushing up the Warne stand side. Intercepts a pass and immediately plays on by foot straight to Hammer, who goes deep...Marked by Higgins for a goal.
1680503696076.png

12:11 to go.
Honors a tip top 45m pass from Stocker Members side centre wing. Goes backwards to Wilkie. Ball worked up inside out fifty where it is turned over.
1680503917450.png

11:20 to go.
Intercepts, Members side our Half Forward. Just read it so much better. Gresham has already seen this happening and is moving 15 meters clear. Wood puts it lace out on his ta ta's without hesitation. Goal.
1680504168687.png

9:55 to go
Three effort contest into a ground ball. Gets the handball out of a pack. Doesn't quite hit Gresh and it goes over the boundary. Probably had better options, but that would be a very harsh call. He wanted it more.
1680504450041.png

9:20 to go.
This is where he does the shoulder. Smashes in, takes the ball and pumps a high 40m kick inside. Essington recover but Windhager gets a holding the ball decision by knocking the ball off Redman. Goal.

1680504670695.png

9:15 to go and he's heading for the bench.

Fair ten minutes of footy that.

Ten minutes of Mason. Fourth quarter Apr 1 St.K V Ess:

View attachment 1648854
19:33 to go.
Half back, Warne stand side. Gets a sharp handball from Sincs at full pace. Has a good meter of separation. Shanks the kick a bit with a push from Redman. Had more time here but the pressure was coming. Kick is intercepted. Ball transitions across Essingtons half back across the middle. Caldwell kicks the tin-arse goal from the pocket.

17:15 to go.
Cleans up out of a contest on Essingtons Half forward line.
Nice clearing kick 50 meters up the line to Cheeto who is legit held by Redman. Ball goes over the line.
View attachment 1648859

17:00 to go.
Steals a ball here from Ridley that he was three meters from and really had no right to get. Spills the handball in a tackle and it is turned over. Made a contest out of absolutely nothing. If this came off it would have been the play of the game.
View attachment 1648869

View attachment 1648868

16:10 to go
Third man up in a pretty deep Essington entry. Spoils the ball over the boundary. From the ball up Jweb gets his cheek broken and Essington hit the post.
View attachment 1648873

13:15 to go- Scores Level.
Members wing- Seems to have switched sides of the ground, with Owen pushing up the Warne stand side. Intercepts a pass and immediately plays on by foot straight to Hammer, who goes deep...Marked by Higgins for a goal.
View attachment 1648878

12:11 to go.
Honors a tip top 45m pass from Stocker Members side centre wing. Goes backwards to Wilkie. Ball worked up inside out fifty where it is turned over.
View attachment 1648883

11:20 to go.
Intercepts, Members side our Half Forward. Just read it so much better. Gresham has already seen this happening and is moving 15 meters clear. Wood puts it lace out on his ta ta's without hesitation. Goal.
View attachment 1648887

9:55 to go
Three effort contest into a ground ball. Gets the handball out of a pack. Doesn't quite hit Gresh and it goes over the boundary. Probably had better options, but that would be a very harsh call. He wanted it more.
View attachment 1648899

9:20 to go.
This is where he does the shoulder. Smashes in, takes the ball and pumps a high 40m kick inside. Essington recover but Windhager gets a holding the ball decision by knocking the ball off Redman. Goal.

View attachment 1648907

9:15 to go and he's heading for the bench.

Fair ten minutes of footy that.
We need to get him to 100 games for the club then set up a stud farm for him out the back at Linton St.

De Goey with his 2nd 10-voter out of 3 games.

What could have been. Imagine if we’d added him and then Pou, Hammer, Stock, Ross, Lenny, Banga and co!

Would have been an offseason for the ages.

The thing with a bloke like De Goey is you can never be counting your chickens kind of thing, he could just as easily go out to Revs this weekend punch some bloke in the head and hijack a forklift or some shit.

Very, very good player. But I think what we’ve shown is that we’re about a game plan and work rate, still room for star players to shine, but it’s more about an even spread across the board.

I’m 100% happy with how the De Goey situation has turned out. Put that money that would have been for him into extensions or further extensions for Owens, Windy, Pou, Nas etc. and have a nibble at Bing again.

Finally with a coach, we are getting full worth from Brad Hill.
His game on the G expanses on Saturday was one of the best I have seen from him, certainly his best for the club.
Dude never seems to get tired.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did they forget the K at the end of Martin's name, Dard Ball Get ? Or is he just part of the plonker extraordinaires?
Look how jealous he is of young Marcus, clearly yearning for the same culture and success he’s been starved of at the airport. Almost makes you feel sorry for him!

Look how jealous he is of young Marcus, clearly yearning for the same culture and success he’s been starved of at the airport. Almost makes you feel sorry for him!

Poor kid looks wistful. Too be in a club with heart and culture.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

How good is it that a bunch of the players are jumping on the socials to make mention of the game. I was listening to Ro before the game and he was saying that in the rooms pre-game they had Hayes, Enright, Hill and Cordy talking to the playing group about how to handle the crowd as it was the biggest that almost our entire 22 had played infront of in their careers.

We didn't look in awe of the moment at all, it was great to see them attack the game like they did. Confidence of the group must be sky high right now for them to come out and start the way they did infront of 70,000 at the G.

How good is it that a bunch of the players are jumping on the socials to make mention of the game. I was listening to Ro before the game and he was saying that in the rooms pre-game they had Hayes, Enright, Hill and Cordy talking to the playing group about how to handle the crowd as it was the biggest that almost our entire 22 had played infront of in their careers.

We didn't look in awe of the moment at all, it was great to see them attack the game like they did. Confidence of the group must be sky high right now for them to come out and start the way they did infront of 70,000 at the G.
So refreshing to have our kids come straight in and look comfortable from the get-go.

It’s been a long, long time.

Especially the guys who started their careers at other clubs. Really shows how much everyone has bought into what’s happening at the moment.

My mum slowly lost interest in the club since my old man died but Saturday night was the first game she's watched in full since Roo's 300th. She loved seeing those players celebrated, sending me pictures of Lockett and Winmar together, Stewie Loewe talking with Spida.

She even taped it and watched the replay yesterday. Very unlike her but it made me proud to see her invested again and just shows how people will jump back on board when we play for the jumper and have a crack.
That’s fantastic. I think there will be a lot of people who have lost interest over the last ten years who might start getting interested again if we keep playing the way we are.

bnRVNai.png

:cool::cool:

That’s fantastic. I think there will be a lot of people who have lost interest over the last ten years who might start getting interested again if we keep playing the way we are.
Spoke to her tonight said her and my younger sister were watching together screaming at the telly for 2 hours lol. My sister the same, used to go all the time but dropped off the last few years.

Special night, could look back on this game in a year or two and mark it down as the turning point. Whilst still early in the season we exorcised a lot of demons. Didn't shit ourselves under bright lights of primetime footy, challenged and responded, kicked straight, defended well, gave everything for 4 quarters. Superb!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back