Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t believe I’m typing this but…

Crouch for Laird

Also McHenry in for Murphy, Schoenberg, Cook or Nank to sub.
It's a question of whether we fee we need a ball winner like Crouch to go up against Crisp or Mitchell... or we prefer to lose more contests & go with someone like Schoenberg. Obviously Soligo spends more time in the middle.

Sorry to intrude but i had to.
Yes a 5 day break isnt ideal but we just dont get run over in the last.

If the crows are down by a goal at 3QT, you lose.

You have won 3 last quarters, lost two and drawn one.

We have won 4 and lost 2.

At home, a goal down it is an even money bet we will win.

Missing a neck, like that Pommie bowler (we used to call him 'Manos').
this guy? was he also the clown that said ' he saw fear in the Aussie batsmen eyes' from the previous series (The Ashes in England) immediately before the Aussie tore him a new one in the home town Ashes series immediately aftewards

1682581199546.png

If we want the 4 pts then Crouch is the best replacement. The only reason not to is concern that he may play well enough to keep himself in selection contention moving forward.

If they aren't interested as much in the 4 pts then by all means give Schoenberg or Berry more opportunities against a high calibre opponent.

Not at all saying we can't win without Crouch but that I think he would offer more in Lairds role.
Will be very interesting to see if we do go with Crouch. He was basically only going to get a run if we had an injury to one of our grunt midfielders, so perfect opportunity to bring him in to cover Laird. If they don't then I can't see him getting another game for us.

I'm not against this, he's explosive and seems to be able to create a bit of chaos with it.

Plus it allows us to get Cook or Nankervis into the lineup.
I also really love how he takes the game on..

Again.. it comes unstuck every now an then like when he got done HTB trying to make a b-line for the goals in our f50 against Carlton..

But he gave it a red hot go.

Makes him unpredictable to opposition players..

Has a good raking left boot too..

If Laird misses then I would bring in an inside mid to replace Laird’s role in the team.

This would likely count Harry out narrow selection options to Crouch, Hately and Brown

For me, I wouldn’t go with Crouch because he will get smashed in transition when our mids need to pressure their quick ball movement

This then leaves the decision to either Hately, or Brown.

Although Hately traveled to TAS last week I would go with Brown, he may have that extra incentive to play well against his old side

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Daicos wouldn't give two shits if Pedlar kicked 5 on him. He's not there to defend a forward and both Daicos and McRae knows it.

All Pedlar getting off the chain would do is switch up Collingwood matchups. That may free up Rankine or a Rachele when they're forward.
Daicos and his coach wouldnt give s hit if his direct opponent as a defender - whose primary role is still to defend - kicks 5 goals...wow, thans an interesting take that I cant possibly agree with but happy not to debate

If we want the 4 pts then Crouch is the best replacement. The only reason not to is concern that he may play well enough to keep himself in selection contention moving forward.

If they aren't interested as much in the 4 pts then by all means give Schoenberg or Berry more opportunities against a high calibre opponent.

Not at all saying we can't win without Crouch but that I think he would offer more in Lairds role.
Crouch was shite against Centrals on the weekend.

A whole heap of nothing possessions and the Centrals part time mids gave our midfield a bath..

Apologies Ive made a meal of those stats and they are wrong.

FFS I misread them.

Youve lost only to the Suns and Tigers at the G in the past 5 years, post Anzac Day.

EDIT

The past 5 years actually was referring to the Pies losing the last quarter post Anzac Day, hence my confusion. :drunk:

The Pies have lost the last quarter in their past 5 years post Anzac Day match.
Noting in three of these games were Suns (twice ) and Hawks.

So for the past two years, Collingwood has played Gold Coast after the Anzac Day match? Yeh, what a challenge.

this guy? was he also the clown that said ' he saw fear in the Aussie batsmen eyes' from the previous series (The Ashes in England) immediately before the Aussie tore him a new one in the home town Ashes series immediately aftewards

View attachment 1671777

Pretty sure the joke was made when Bob Woolmer was murdered...

'Pakistan's new coach will be announced as Gladstone Small, try choking this one you bastards'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the joke was made when Bob Woolmer was murdered...

'Pakistan's new coach will be announced as Gladstone Small, try choking this one you bastards'.
I had forgotten about this. Similar to the Colombian goalkeeper who was killed for conceding an own goal?…

On 18 March 2007, Woolmer died suddenly in Jamaica, just a few hours after the Pakistan team's unexpected elimination at the hands of Ireland in the 2007 Cricket World Cup. Shortly afterwards, Jamaican police announced that they were opening a murder investigation into Woolmer's death. In November 2007, a jury in Jamaica recorded an open verdict on Woolmer's death.

I remember flying from the Cayman Islands into Kingston for an Intl match between Windies and Seth Efrika in 2005 and the Jamaican newspaper onboard detailed how 4 police officers had been murdered the day before trying to enforce the Govts strict new anti drugs stance. Fair to say we were a little more cautious than normal heading out into the nightlife…very dodgy city

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back