Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Hately picked the wrong week to become travelling emergency, Might've got a look in over Crouch/Schoenberg
It is the shittest of shit roles and one that should be Brown's for every away trip

Squad-Selection-RND-7-Instagram-Lineup-1080x1350.png

Capture.PNG

Our forward line can stretch them but if Laird doesn't play I'm not sure there'll be enough supply for them.

Means Collingwood can focus all their defensive attention around Dawson too.

Our forward line can stretch them but if Laird doesn't play I'm not sure there'll be enough supply for them.

Means Collingwood can focus all their defensive attention around Dawson too.
Do we give rankine more chance in mid this week ?

I sort of feel the forward line could get it done and won’t miss him too much for 30% of time

Do we give rankine more chance in mid this week ?

I sort of feel the forward line could get it done and won’t miss him too much for 30% of time
I think it would be good for Rankine. Defenders are hanging off him at the moment. Would be good to give him another way to get himself involved in matches.

Schoenberg a 4th year player ?

Has shown so far this year he’s too good for sanfl but hasn’t nailed his AFL opportunities

He’s the fittest he’s ever been in good form maybe a game like this to come in and impact against some of the best could be a making of his career

Hope he gets a shot at it Sunday , imagine if we could add another number in really good form we can trust playing midfield at afl level

I reckon Hately would have played if he didn’t miss all game time last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who ya want in the ins though ?
Any of Worrell, McAdam, Berry, Nankervis, Gollant, Parnell and Taylor. Guys who might have a future at this level (apologies to Cook).

Unfortunately these guys listed above are either injured or out of form.

Daicos and his coach wouldnt give s hit if his direct opponent as a defender - whose primary role is still to defend - kicks 5 goals...wow, thans an interesting take that I cant possibly agree with but happy not to debate

Of course they won't, because his primary role isn't to defend. If fact, no part of his role is to defend, which is somewhat unusual. Teams tend to at least give it a college try with someone strong at intercepting. That said, the primary role of a half back is to be the driver a teams outside (and in particular, counter attack) game.

The idea a half back is primarily there to defend in the pro leagues has been dead for a very long time.

Schoenberg a 4th year player ?

Has shown so far this year he’s too good for sanfl but hasn’t nailed his AFL opportunities

He’s the fittest he’s ever been in good form maybe a game like this to come in and impact against some of the best could be a making of his career

Hope he gets a shot at it Sunday , imagine if we could add another number in really good form we can trust playing midfield at afl level

I reckon Hately would have played if he didn’t miss all game time last week

Schoenberg has been the biggest disappointment for me. Looked incredible earlier in his career, and just hasn’t progressed much at all. I have a bad feeling he’s just going to be one of those blokes that never quite puts it all together at AFL level, probably win himself a Margarey Medal though.

Big loss if Laird doesn't come up. Hard to replace him in the middle, would have been perfect timing if Berry was ready to go, but he seems to be injured and terribly out of form.

I am thinking we will just bring Mchenry into the 22 and reshuffle the team to cover Lairds midfield minutes. I can see Dawson, Sloane and Rachele spending majority of time in there, with Soligo, Pedlar and Rankine swapping through. Keays would be the other one but hopefully he is locked in to the Daicos tagging role already and we don't get tempted to chuck him back in the middle to covet Laird.
For this week, I'm happy with Sloane in the middle more. I think Rory is a good match up for DeGoey

Schoenberg has been the biggest disappointment for me. Looked incredible earlier in his career, and just hasn’t progressed much at all. I have a bad feeling he’s just going to be one of those blokes that never quite puts it all together at AFL level, probably win himself a Margarey Medal though.
Fooled me too, looked by far the fittest he'd ever been after this pre-season which I thought was all thatwas holding him back but even now he looks supremely fit his disposal is still scattegun..

Maybe but needs more chances yet given his sanfl form is career best

Any of Worrell, McAdam, Berry, Nankervis, Gollant, Parnell and Taylor. Guys who might have a future at this level (apologies to Cook).

Unfortunately these guys listed above are either injured or out of form.
Yep all could have been good if fit and in form

Cook will be interesting if Hinge is out or even as sub

In better form to compete well this time around

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back