Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Schoenberg has been the biggest disappointment for me. Looked incredible earlier in his career, and just hasn’t progressed much at all. I have a bad feeling he’s just going to be one of those blokes that never quite puts it all together at AFL level, probably win himself a Margarey Medal though.

The issue isn't that he hasn't progressed, it's that he seems to have regressed.

Even if Schoenberg never improved on his 2021 form, if he matched it for the rest of his career he'd still be a decent AFL player. Unfortunately his 2022/23 form has not been at AFL standard. Very disappointing, I was extremely bullish on him after 2021.

Hopefully Laird and Hinge are good to go. I'm glad McHenry has been given the boot again. When the heat is on he just s**ts the bed every time.

He played two games a sub, one quite good and one very poor.

Needs a full run this week and hasn't earned a starting role, so it's the correct decision to give him a SANFL game.

I reckon your man Crouchy would be every chance. The logical replacement for Laird.
Pretty ordinary by his standards last week, probably the poorest SANFL game he's ever played, mind you Berry, Schoenberg and Brown weren't much better.

I had forgotten about this. Similar to the Colombian goalkeeper who was killed for conceding an own goal?…

On 18 March 2007, Woolmer died suddenly in Jamaica, just a few hours after the Pakistan team's unexpected elimination at the hands of Ireland in the 2007 Cricket World Cup. Shortly afterwards, Jamaican police announced that they were opening a murder investigation into Woolmer's death. In November 2007, a jury in Jamaica recorded an open verdict on Woolmer's death.

I remember flying from the Cayman Islands into Kingston for an Intl match between Windies and Seth Efrika in 2005 and the Jamaican newspaper onboard detailed how 4 police officers had been murdered the day before trying to enforce the Govts strict new anti drugs stance. Fair to say we were a little more cautious than normal heading out into the nightlife…very dodgy city
Jamaica was the 1 island country I stayed away from on my 2007 world cup tour as there were significant safety warnings. Caribbean is great fun & worth visiting... just need to be wary, particularly at night in some countries.

The issue isn't that he hasn't progressed, it's that he seems to have regressed.

Even if Schoenberg never improved on his 2021 form, if he matched it for the rest of his career he'd still be a decent AFL player. Unfortunately his 2022/23 form has not been at AFL standard. Very disappointing, I was extremely bullish on him after 2021.
I think it’s too early to write him off

He’s been too anxious this year when playing afl , makes him fumble and miss kicks

At sanfl level he’s had 2 very good games , 2 of the better ones of his career

Don’t drop off just yet

It's actually pretty worrying when we struggle to replace one injury if Laird is out. 5 injuries to best 22 players and all of a sudden we look a little thin

Theres injuries shrugs and then there is injuries cries.

Laird is one of the three in the latter, not former. After all, he's our real contested beast at the moment.

this guy? was he also the clown that said ' he saw fear in the Aussie batsmen eyes' from the previous series (The Ashes in England) immediately before the Aussie tore him a new one in the home town Ashes series immediately aftewards

View attachment 1671777
That's him.
Gladstone Small, no neck.
Manos chickens (years ago), no neck.

Hence the nickname Manos.

this guy? was he also the clown that said ' he saw fear in the Aussie batsmen eyes' from the previous series (The Ashes in England) immediately before the Aussie tore him a new one in the home town Ashes series immediately aftewards

View attachment 1671777

Actually a few Aussie batsmen from that era have said that Small was the only bowler they feared from England and couldn't understand Englands reluctance to play him. As a very fast bowler, you are going to go for runs but when it is hasppening, you take a lot of wickets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually a few Aussie batsmen from that era have said that Small was the only bowler they feared from England and couldn't understand Englands reluctance to play him. As a very fast bowler, you are going to go for runs but when it is hasppening, you take a lot of wickets
Reckon that was Devon Malcolm?

Or maybe both of them

Crouch was shite against Centrals on the weekend.

A whole heap of nothing possessions and the Centrals part time mids gave our midfield a bath..
We don't bring him in when he gets 40 disposals either so this is a poor argument. He is our best inside mid in the 2s, the fact he had an average game in the same week as Laird getting injured is incidental. You either go with your best short-term plan (Crouch) or the best long-term plan (someone else)

Pretty ordinary by his standards last week, probably the poorest SANFL game he's ever played, mind you Berry, Schoenberg and Brown weren't much better.
Seems like the team generally were "not swithed on".

Reminds me of a SANFL quote from decades ago from maybe?? Rick Davies. Asked why he turned up to Elizabeth with only a few minutes before the first bounce, he replied "Well it's hard to care much about the country games!"
Go No One GIF

Reckon that was Devon Malcolm?

Or maybe both of them
Nice work. Bingo

THERE'S NO FEELING LIKE LOOKING INTO THE EYES OF THE AUSSIE BULLIES AND SEEING THEIR FEAR - SAYS DEVON MALCOLM

There's no better feeling than looking into the eyes of a bully and seeing fear - and all I see when I look at the Australian batsmen now is fear. They're panicking because England have four fast bowlers who are hunting as a pack and they're not backing down.

I think Soligo might get the job on Daicos.

He has the tank and footy smarts. I think he's the type of player the coaches can trust to just get it done.

I think it’s too early to write him off

He’s been too anxious this year when playing afl , makes him fumble and miss kicks

At sanfl level he’s had 2 very good games , 2 of the better ones of his career

Don’t drop off just yet

Agreed, definitely not writing him off yet. However, he has gone from a certain AFL player to a maybe. Up to him now to force his way back into the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back