Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. They are running with it.

Ft5pBmUakAA5qHO
Even using the term "sliding doors moment"

Even using the term "sliding doors moment"

It's a nice story, but really - we end up with Rankine and Dawson regardless. It's Rachele and whoever we draft this year we lose out on.

It's a nice story, but really - we end up with Rankine and Dawson regardless. It's Rachele and whoever we draft this year we lose out on.

What would we have traded for Dawson?

We had no first rounders and trading our 2022 1st Round pick would have meant that we wouldn't have been able to trade any other future picks.

Sydney would never have traded Dawson for a late 2nd round pick.

If we traded for JHF then Dawson most probably would have ended up at Port or stayed at Sydney because we wouldn't have had the draft capital to trade for him.

Last edited:
It was an insanely stupid offer, then and now, and always will be, even if JHF turns out to be a multiple-Brownlow winning player.
Pick wise it would have been pick 5, 6 and 14 for pick 1 and 19 so definitely over but players wise it would have been Rachele, Soligo (part of Dawson trade with also pick 19) making this even more over even before probably pick 8-10 (Rankine trade).

Can't believe he hasn't converted his girlfriend from being a Port supporter.

Perhaps it motivates him to play even better in Showdowns...
Nobody is perfect ;):D

Anyone else see his two delicious photobombs during the post game interviews by Hamish and Daisy first with Tex, and then with Jordy?

I guess if they aren't going to approach him after the game, he'll just ghost them in the background!

What can I say, I just love the sheer fun he has brought into the team (as well as his sublime skills and underrated work ethic).

Nobody is perfect ;):D

Anyone else see his two delicious photobombs during the post game interviews by Hamish and Daisy first with Tex, and then with Jordy?

I guess if they aren't going to approach him after the game, he'll just ghost them in the background!

What can I say, I just love the sheer fun he has brought into the team (as well as his sublime skills and underrated work ethic).

And the dude is a total campaigner to the opposition as well.

The bum slap to the Carlton player for giving away a feee kick to Rankine was just chefs kiss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His defensive pressure has been a highlight for me. The past 2 weeks he hasn't kicked multiple goals but still has had a bit impact on the result with his defensive pressure and goal assists.
The opposition are putting in lot of work into stopping him - blocks, holding and scragging etc. That he can still bob up for critical impact moments bodes well for us

Love this man but has anyone noticed he’s got the yips a bit on his set shots since coming to us?
It's not the yips. He's just not comfortable at anything over 40m. Betts-like. I think we'll find that long goal an exception.
No big deal, though. Just keep him on the boundary line up to 40m out, and Bob's your uncle. ;)

It's not the yips. He's just not comfortable at anything over 40m. Betts-like. I think we'll find that long goal an exception.
No big deal, though. Just keep him on the boundary line up to 40m out, and Bob's your uncle. ;)
I’m not sure, I reckon he’s had the yips with a few shots within 40 too

I’m not sure, I reckon he’s had the yips with a few shots within 40 too
Think he is going to be someone who misses some easy goals, but kicks the miraculous.

Not many players have kicked a goal in every game this year.

He has helped make our forward line fun to watch again.

Think he is going to be someone who misses some easy goals, but kicks the miraculous.

Not many players have kicked a goal in every game this year.

He has helped make our forward line fun to watch again.
but he is also a guy that can be quiet for most of the day but still bob up and punish the opposition in an instant

but he is also a guy that can be quiet for most of the day but still bob up and punish the opposition in an instant
& the opposition have to send a very good player to him...

Once the rain comes and the ball is on the ground more... Izak will look even better.

Different player to Dawson...
Just as important a recruit. 😁

Career high disposals of 21, 20 and 23 in the last 4 weeks and his defensive pressures are what has been impressive. Offensive was never questionable but just imagine if he kicked those very easily goals (there were a handful of on the run towards an open goal and set shots so he would be on 26 goals half way through the season)......I initially thought he was around pick 10 but easily pick 5.
1685614289047.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Back