Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We definitely paid more than we actually had to. We got Dawson for a late first, we paid only what we had to pay. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t worth the early pick the Swans were asking for, just means we used our leverage properly. With Rankine we couldn’t or didn’t. We should have at least gotten something back after giving 5, not adding more to it.

Just on this, we didn't really add more to it. We actually got "something" back after pick 5, which was the various late pick swaps which worked to our advantage, since it gave us a bunch of late picks to use for the Michalanney bid. In turn, that gave us the flexibility to trade everything else of value into the 2023 draft instead (hence why we now have two fairly good second round picks this year).

Given that anything we received back in the 2022 draft would have been swallowed up by the Michalanney bid anyway, it's kind of a moot point. The Rankine trade and the Michalanney bid were tied up together due to the way the draft works, so it makes the most sense to look at them together, which works out to be picks 5 and 23, plus a couple of late 2023 picks, for Rankine, Michalanney, and North's 2023 2nd round pick.

I suppose in an ideal world we might have been able to trade pick 5 for, say, pick 12 plus some extra 2023 currency or something and then offered pick 12.

I don't want or need to know what was posted on Instagram. For that matter, I've never thought or wondered about his roots.
Support for Rankine and his well-being are foremost in my mind.

is there a Public Forum somewhere for me, or any of us, to send him our support? I doubt that he reads BF.

Also, is there a way to name and shame the grub involved?

Just on this, we didn't really add more to it. We actually got "something" back after pick 5, which was the various late pick swaps which worked to our advantage, since it gave us a bunch of late picks to use for the Michalanney bid. In turn, that gave us the flexibility to trade everything else of value into the 2023 draft instead (hence why we now have two fairly good second round picks this year).

Given that anything we received back in the 2022 draft would have been swallowed up by the Michalanney bid anyway, it's kind of a moot point. The Rankine trade and the Michalanney bid were tied up together due to the way the draft works, so it makes the most sense to look at them together, which works out to be picks 5 and 23, plus a couple of late 2023 picks, for Rankine, Michalanney, and North's 2023 2nd round pick.

I suppose in an ideal world we might have been able to trade pick 5 for, say, pick 12 plus some extra 2023 currency or something and then offered pick 12.

I would have thought we could have gotten a 2nd rounder back, given they were happy to burn 7 on a salary dump. This would have given us another decent pick after matching for Max. Pick 5 was always going to get him in the national draft, so my opening offer would have been that we prefer to get him in the ND unless they can offer us something back that is worthwhile. On the swaps, I was sure that they went against us. But I trust your maths a lot more than I do mine.

Dropped in to say all real football supporters are with Izak and the Adelaide football club.
First JUH from the Bulldogs now this. Low life gutless wonders making fake untraceable accounts. So brave.

Get around the lad, he seems like a likable kid and a fantastic player.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just don’t get how anyone can be that ****ed up to create a burner account just so they can racially abuse someone.

What kind of human being must they be? What other evil s**t are they are up to in their lives?

I believe in karma and I hope it takes a chunk out of their arse.

Scumbag *******s

Because they know the reaction it creates and they are trying to unsettle the kid. The comment wasn’t subtle and don’t have an underhanded jab at him. It was just basic trash.

They got the response they were looking for. I just wish there was more effort in tracing these people and putting details of there banning from whatever platform on their personal page - would end it quick smart

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ok, we all agree shit like this shouldn't happen.
However, there are people who love to troll and sh!tpost. They get off on upsetting people.
Do you think this person will be sitting back now and re-evaluating his actions, or do you think he would be laughing his butt off at the reaction he got? I mean, the club even reacted to it.

I understand the club has to.call it out and show solidarity with Izak, as we all should do, but I just wonder if this is giving the person what they want, and if it may even make him, or other copycats, do it again.
In the old days the media wouldn't report on domestic acts of terrorism, and now they tend not to report on the suicides of celebrities outside of saying they passed away, because they know it can cause copycats after it.

Who knows.

Ok, we all agree s**t like this shouldn't happen.
However, there are people who love to troll and sh!tpost. They get off on upsetting people.
Do you think this person will be sitting back now and re-evaluating his actions, or do you think he would be laughing his butt off at the reaction he got? I mean, the club even reacted to it.

I understand the club has to.call it out and show solidarity with Izak, as we all should do, but I just wonder if this is giving the person what they want, and if it may even make him, or other copycats, do it again.
In the old days the media wouldn't report on domestic acts of terrorism, and now they tend not to report on the suicides of celebrities outside of saying they passed away, because they know it can cause copycats after it.

Who knows.

That's kind of my thoughts too - like they were too gutless to use their real acct or leave any way to identify themselves - my thoughts are they'd be loving the media attention

Not sure what's the best way to go about it - just telling people to "ignore it" might sound practical but others may disagree, especially the ones who cop it

That's kind of my thoughts too - like they were too gutless to use their real acct or leave any way to identify themselves - my thoughts are they'd be loving the media attention

Not sure what's the best way to go about it - just telling people to "ignore it" might sound practical but others may disagree, especially the ones who cop it
By the sounds of things, it looks like it was brought to the attention of the club by Izak? The message 100% looks to be from a troll account, but ultimately if he wanted to just ‘ignore it’ he wouldn’t have even opened the message. He obviously felt strongly otherwise, which is fair enough, it’s up to the victim to do what they want with such vile vitriol

Good on Izak for wanting to take a stance, it’s sad that we keep seeing this shit happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say Jordan Dawson should send Izak into the centre for the toss this Thursday.
50,000 will stand as one in applause and support.
Big statement!!

I would have thought we could have gotten a 2nd rounder back, given they were happy to burn 7 on a salary dump. This would have given us another decent pick after matching for Max. Pick 5 was always going to get him in the national draft, so my opening offer would have been that we prefer to get him in the ND unless they can offer us something back that is worthwhile. On the swaps, I was sure that they went against us. But I trust your maths a lot more than I do mine.

If it was a 2023 2nd round maybe (although we ended up getting that anyway!) but if it was a 2022 2nd rounder it wouldn't have been useful. The picks we used to match the Michalanney bid were 46, 56 and 59. If we had anything before that (but after 16) we would have had to use it instead.

It's pretty ridiculous that you can "match" pick 16 by using three bargain basement junk picks, but if you have better ones you have to use them instead. But that's the system the AFL has set up.

It also meant we did weird shit like use those picks to match the bid, and then after we matched it then trade back in for pick 50. If we'd traded it in first we would have had to use it (so we would have used 40, 50 and 59), but by waiting until afterwards and then live-trading on the night we got to keep it instead. Crazy system.

If it was a 2023 2nd round maybe (although we ended up getting that anyway!) but if it was a 2022 2nd rounder it wouldn't have been useful. The picks we used to match the Michalanney bid were 46, 56 and 59. If we had anything before that (but after 16) we would have had to use it instead.

It's pretty ridiculous that you can "match" pick 16 by using three bargain basement junk picks, but if you have better ones you have to use them instead. But that's the system the AFL has set up.

It also meant we did weird s**t like use those picks to match the bid, and then after we matched it then trade back in for pick 50. If we'd traded it in first we would have had to use it (so we would have used 40, 50 and 59), but by waiting until afterwards and then live-trading on the night we got to keep it instead. Crazy system.

Then we could have traded it out for a 2023 pick. Either way, better to have the asset than not.

As I said in another thread

In what is appearing to be a pretty big sliding doors moment for the club, the club went all in on JHF and offered North 3 first rounders. Those first rounders ended up turning into Rachele, Dawson and Rankine,

Would anyone here actually contemplate trading all three for JHF? I certainly wouldn't.

Fox Sports using Bigfooty for inspiration again?

I made the above post about 2 weeks ago and look what Fox Sports have now written about.

Definitely not the first time this has happened with people's posts on here and most probably won't be the last.
Screenshot_20230417_171647_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

I made the above post about 2 weeks ago and look what Fox Sports have now written about.

Definitely not the first time this has happened with people's posts on here and most probably won't be the last.
View attachment 1663386

Yep. They are running with it.

Ft5pBmUakAA5qHO

View attachment 1663386
AFL contender? We're been very good, but pump the brakes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Back