List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Thank you
There’s absolutely no chance all 3 of McKercher, Curtin and Watson are there at 5, 7 and 8. This is the issue with splitting these picks

Also Clay Hall? That’s a reach, there are Clay Halls in every draft, he’s not that good
If
1) Reid
2) Curtin
3) mcknear
4) Watson
5) Sanders
6 dursman

Were all taken before our split would people look at this split differently. It looks hell unattractive to me

Thank you

If
1) Reid
2) Curtin
3) mcknear
4) Watson
5) Sanders
6 dursman

Were all taken before our split would people look at this split differently. It looks hell unattractive to me

The idea of splitting picks is much better than what the reality be, this draft is not that good iMO, even the top end talent is very questionable in many aspects

Meh who knows, they'll be around the mark. Thinking Watson may slide a bit due to his size.
I don't think Hawks will take McKercher due to drafting Ward and MacKenzie the last two drafts.
Don't think he would suit the blues either so may be available at our pick. If not you take Duursma / Caddy

Reid
Walter
Caddy
Duursma
Watson
McKercher
Curtin
Wilson
Edwards
Sanders

Was tossing up between Hall and Tholstrup. Have wanted Tholstrup for a while but watching the last two games for WA Hall was probably BOG in both and showed some fight even when WA were getting smashed by the Allies. At 19 it is a bit of a reach but think he would suit us currently. At least he can win a contest and play inside - out. Whereas a Tholstrup / Moir half forward type might struggle without the talent around them.
I think your top 10 there is fairly realistic and could quite easily go that way.

Personally I don’t have Moir even as a 2nd round prospect. He is a quality distributor of the ball both by foot and hand. However when you struggle to get double digit possessions every game even at 18s level it’s hard to see how he can impact at Afl level. I don’t buy into he’s off because of a hip injury he hasn’t looked impacted by injury in his games, it’s more his lack of intensity in winning the ball that stands out.

I’d rather either Delean or Wilson if we are taking a medium forward rather than Moir or Tholstrup.

Expecting too much from an 18 /19 yr old footballer is certainly dangerous.

Will be just another player , important for players around him to be the focus because without them being good , he will get smashed .

Can anyone copy and paste this article please?

That first sentence should be enough:

"Likely number one draft pick Harley Reid has declared he hasn’t been put off by West Coast’s horrible season and remains comfortable to play with any team that selects him at the end of the season."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole thing is so media driven. By definition, a number one pick is going to a s**t club. Every draftee knows this. It's what the club does once they're there.
Imagine if the media shouted that about GCS and gws. Making those two clubs unappealing as it is.

The media would bend over backwards saying what's a good opportunity it is for the youth to head down there

Recovery session for Vic Country at Eagles headquarters - Mineral Resources Park , no meetings with West Coast organised just looking forward to the trip out of Victoria ..." can't wait " .
I'd be hiring a high-end hooker to give Harley the impression that Perth is full of hot obtainable girls.

"Don't be dressing like a hooker, and don't let him know you're a hooker. Just act like you're a normal girl who goes to uni or something. You know, you live with your parents or something. Oh, and make sure you teabag him".

"Ok Toddy, I'll charge it to your account".

I'd be hiring a high-end hooker to give Harley the impression that Perth is full of hot obtainable girls.

"Don't be dressing like a hooker, and don't let him know you're a hooker. Just act like you're a normal girl who goes to uni or something. You know, you live with your parents or something. Oh, and make sure you teabag him".

" Can't wait " to play footy out of Victoria and beat WA probably his focus .
But Eagles headquarters Saturday am could be interesting .

That first sentence should be enough:

"Likely number one draft pick Harley Reid has declared he hasn’t been put off by West Coast’s horrible season and remains comfortable to play with any team that selects him at the end of the season."

Attachments

• 1688032438218.gif
    1688032438218.gif
    378.7 KB · Views: 53
Thank you

If
1) Reid
2) Curtin
3) mcknear
4) Watson
5) Sanders
6 dursman

This has been my thinking for a while. I think if we consider trading pick 1, it would have to be with North if they came knocking & take 2 & 3 off their hands so that we’re at least getting the next 2 best talents. I won’t pretend to be a draft expert, but not many of the projected top 10 picks have impressed me much that would land around the back end of the top 10. I haven’t watched much of Curtin, but from what I have seen & read, he gives Brander vibes in the sense that he seems to be able to play in multiple positions with not really a clear best at the next level.

2,3 & 6/7 if TB did pursue a trade to the swans, that’s far more appealing. But then so is keeping 1 & picking up 6/7 if TB decided to move. Plus look at a trade for the GC pick as has been mentioned. Not sure what that would take though.

Briztoon mentioned Harley not having any friends to draft with him this year, but he & Watson seem to be fairly solid mates, purely going by their Footy Yarn “Road to the Draft” EP. Good bants etc

He’s about to become an AFL footballer. He likely already knows hot girls are obtainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back