List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
I
Think he's close to a dogs debut, so might be hard.

Busslinger is more true kpd height but like other posters mentioned it's his rebound that makes him so good. He can go from competing a marking contest to quickly spreading to help use the ball on the way out. Others mentioned Curtin is a better kick, which is true but Busslinger is still a very very good kick. I likened Busslinger to a quarterback.

Curtin has more versatility, which is why I previously mentioned he's a bit like Pavlich. Can play defender, mid, fwd.
Defensively sound, elite skills.

I love both, and would happily have either.

I'm in Bali, so have missed the last few games. But since the start of the season, I've badly wanted Harley Reid and Curtin. We need to get both, even if we take no other picks apart from nga (confident both will last). McKercher only other I'd really like.
Is 195cm not KPP height? I feel like Key backs in general don’t need to be as tall as the forwards. Mind you he’s 18 and likely still growing

Curtin is an obvious gun. Positional question marks aside, he'll make it as a defender worst case.

Edwards will come on in time, he's like a young English. Superb skills, accumulates, ruck work need to improve obviously.

Clay Hall is a pure mid. Runs all day, inside and outside there are more polished players but he's no butcher of the ball.

Koltyn is a brute. Who knows what he'll do in the AFL system.

Fonti & Ferrera are both jets. Quick attacking mids. Just what we need.

Hardeman has been average tonight but was excellent against SA.

Then there is the three NGA players.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Is Hine-Baston an NGA player?

Busslinger is a 197cm tall defender much more like Bazzo only a better kick.

Curtin 192cm whose built like a midfielder, stronger over the ball, better ball user again. Also can find the ball around the ground.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I

Is 195cm not KPP height? I feel like Key backs in general don’t need to be as tall as the forwards. Mind you he’s 18 and likely still growing
Curtain is already 195cm and that’s not midfielder or wingman height as some are suggesting. I can’t think of one 195cm+ player that’s starred as a midfielder.

Most tall midfielder options are around the 191-192cm mark (koutafidies, Bont, Fyfe, Cripps)

I like Curtain a lot but he’s going to be at best a utility player or swing man. At very worst a very good CHB. Has oodles of talent and such a good kick for a kid his size but he’s not going to be a midfielder unless he’s the first of his kind to do so.

If Daniel Curtin does work out as a swingman can somebody explain to me how brander didn't work out? They seem practically the same at this point in time. Assuming Curtin works out well what made brander not?

Curtain is already 195cm and that’s not midfielder or wingman height as some are suggesting. I can’t think of one 195cm+ player that’s starred as a midfielder.

Most tall midfielder options are around the 191-192cm mark (koutafidies, Bont, Fyfe, Cripps)

I like Curtain a lot but he’s going to be at best a utility player or swing man. At very worst a very good CHB. Has oodles of talent and such a good kick for a kid his size but he’s not going to be a midfielder unless he’s the first of his kind to do so.
Whilst I don't think he will be a mid..

Screenshot_20230701_082532_Chrome.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Daniel Curtin does work out as a swingman can somebody explain to me how brander didn't work out? They seem practically the same at this point in time. Assuming Curtin works out well what made brander not?

View attachment 1726005
Yep we’ll there you go, i though Cripps was a few cms shorter.

Still what of Curtain keeps growing. At what height would you say he’d start to rule himself out?

View attachment 1726005

Im curious though f Curtain keeps growing, at what height would he start to rule himself out?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have him, this isn’t a knock on him at all, I just also question if he could play a mid role full time.

Skill of Michael Jordan.
Heart of a pea.

Brander wasnt actually any good in his draft year, didnt really stnd out in any position. was pushing for the first pick at the beginning of the year but fell a lot.
Ppl bang on about the kelly trade thats hamstrung us but its the brander pick that kicked it all off

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im curious though f Curtain keeps growing, at what height would he start to rule himself out?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have him, this isn’t a knock on him at all, I just also question if he could play a mid role full time.
Dont forget our midfield power house Greg Clark

Still what of Curtain keeps growing. At what height would you say he’d start to rule himself out?
I actually don't see him as a mid so I agree with your sentiment in general. I'm worried about tweener status with him, but he does look the goods.

I'm def in the take reid camp tho

357674357_813221060039531_2332464903526852_n.png

Good to see he's already into the swing of things :cool:

Pretty certain we can still take him as a NGA. Hopefully we'll get Livingstone and Hine-Baston but as someone else said Collard might be taken before pick 40.

Do these guys have to sign NGA documents and have they?

I mean I’d hate for an email to left in the junk box without some follow-up.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone with good draft knowledge give some insight into Curtin vs busslinger from last year comparison?

How homesick can we get Curtin to be?

Curtin reads the play better, particularly further up the ground and is a better kick (one of the best in the draft pool) where as Buss was significantly better one on one. In saying that it's hard to tell as the rest of WA's key defence is pretty shit and I think we're playing against some better quality forwards this year. The interesting part will be athletically. I think Busslinger has Curtin covered and on top of that is 2-3cm taller.

I thought Curtin still broke even with Walter and that was with the allies destroying WA through the midfield similar to WCE vs Carlton etc.

Was having a bit of a chat after the game last night and unless it's last pick of draft or as a rookie I don't want Collard. Not because he doesn't have the skill or ability but because of attitude. May be better off being drafted interstate and getting the shock of the AFL system without the ability to go home each night or his normal group of friends.

Hall exactly what we need, won't be a star but is finding the ball at will and will only get better. I like his kicking action and think his kicking will improve. Ginbey level of kicking. Can play any midfield role, is hard and strong, good overhead. Perfect Redden replacement. Worried he doesn't make 19.

As it stands Curtin, Hall and Livingstone the only
WA players (for WCE) i'm interested in, in the main draft. Sanchez if we're going to be going late in the draft could be value. If we miss out on Livingstone Maybe Evan Smith late or as a rookie but I prefer Goad as he's a number 1 Ruck even if he needs as much development.

I think that Hardeman is a good player but doesn't offer enough of a point of difference to our other young defenders to warrant drafting. His kicking is good but not amazing and his decision making isn't elite. If i'm drafting a small defender this year I either want genuine elite lockdown or genuine elite kicking and decision making.

(Can't comment on what I would do with certain Vic players as they will potentially fall around the first pick of the club im working for)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back