List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Well here was I trying to keep things between just two parties. What you could get with those Swans picks with a blend of our later picks and future picks . Whoooor.....

We IF WE are talking MULTI club MEGA trades then lets get down to business.
angry d&d GIF by Hyper RPG
marshall mathers eminem GIF
My favourite so far and that’s assuming King leaves the Suns for pick 3 from the Hawks. Eagles go to the draft with 1,3,5,19,21,26 and get the Swans future 1st. Lose TB Future 1st and lower pick swaps. Got to love a good hypothetical.

Could see a mega deal between the Eagles, Suns and Swans.

Eagles get 3, 5 , 21, 25 and Swans future 1st

Give TB, Future 1st, 35,37,53,55

Suns get Eagles futures 1st, 35,37,53,55

Suns give 3,5 future 2nd

Swans get TB, Future 2nd Suns

Swans give Future 1st, 21, 25

Eagles and Swans not to bid on any academy kids.

TB makes the Swans a contender, for some reason people don't realize this. Sydney are in that window, getting arguably the best KPD in the game whose in his prime can make them a top 4 side again.

Ik people are saying 2 years ago at 26 would of been getting the peak package for TB, but TB at the Swans literally makes them a contender. How many KPD are there like Barrass in the comp that are available? None

TB makes the Swans a contender, for some reason people don't realize this. Sydney are in that window, getting arguably the best KPD in the game whose in his prime can make them a top 4 side again.

Ik people are saying 2 years ago at 26 would of been getting the peak package for TB, but TB at the Swans literally makes them a contender. How many KPD are there like Barrass in the comp that are available? None

And how many are under contract and the team also has cap space to carry some of that for four years?

So in Cal Twoomey's phantom top 20, basically 5 players which could get to 6 with the Sanders situation are tied to academy or FS......So maybe ask for Sydneys future 1st lol

Comes with a family of campaigners. Should have seen them go off on the GC social pages when Brayden was delisted.
I'd hope given a 2nd opportunity, a bit more appreciation and maturity would come me with it.

I actually like he has a bit of w***er factor and we need some mongrel.

Just not an out and out knob jockey

I'm seeing Clay Hall being ranked from anywhere as close to the top 10 to Cal Twoomey not having him in the top 20.

Hypothetically assuming Curtin is good, how we would feel about taking Hall with Sydney's pick? That would be jumping the gun, but then you got Reid, Hewett, Ginbey and Chesser all good sizes as your up and coming mids...Thoughts?

He's had 2 consecutive 20 touch games in the WAFL and had 20 and 2 last week in the WAFL, Ginbey/Hewett didnt have such a game last season....

They have been kissed on the **** since 2017 with draft picks, compensation picks, priority picks, academy rule changes, academy match at any pick picks, pre draft selections, zone rule changes etc.
And they apparently have another monster crop of academy talent coming in 2024 and 2025.

Any list with Day, Lukosius, Anderson, Rowell, Long, Swallow, Casboult, King, Hollands etc. has the core of a team that should win far more than it does. Add the 3 top 10 they'll get this year and it should start looking like a dynasty.
Add 2026 to GC's top end academy crop.

Day, Swallow and Casboult are cooked. They can't run anymore. They're covered because GC have a lot of kids around them to run and defend, but defending at AFL level requires 18 players these days, and oppo teams play through those 3 guys to expose GC. Witts is almost done as well.

GC only have two quality, mature players in Miller and Collins. They really need another 4 to 6 mature age players, 26 to 28, of that quality, to be genuinely competitive. They're so close to losing King, and watching the cycle start again.

Pardon the interruption dudes.
You guys have some balls up in the air with the possible Barrass trade, that much is pretty clear.
But I'm just wondering whether there is much clarity around these parts when it comes to Reid and Curtin and what you would like to do.
I assume you're mostly on board with just taking Reid, but just wanted to test the waters, as I imagine getting any other satisfactory outcome would require a third club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn chasing Ryan is in my opinion a pretty good sign that they know Brockman is on the way out and will nominate us as his destination.
Hawks don’t want to lose him for unders or potentially nothing, SO they are being proactive and working on a plan to facilitate a player swap with some latter pick swaps to be added in if required.

Smart move by the Hawks trying to make the best out of a shitty situation.

Personally I think we need to be more creative ourselves with trade plotting and scheming, it’s something that I don’t think we do well or enough of.

It’s like we should be scrutinising the Swans list and saying the Barrass trade ONLY gets done if player X comes our way.
Swans short on KPP long on mids, we other way around.

Sure their quality mids are contracted, but so is TB.
I don't understand why people here want to trade the Barrass pick + Ryan for pick 3 (potentially pick 4).

So WC are essentially trading Barrass and Ryan for pick 3.

I'd rather trade Ryan + 55+ 57, for 32 + 51 & Brockman.

Then see if you can get Gold Coast's pick 5 for picks 32 + 36 + 38 + ? (believe you might need to trade a future 3rd + 51 for something like Melbourne's pick 34).

Gives you picks 1, 5, 7, 19. I'd value 5 & 7 over pick 3, especially if North get pick 3 as a compo pick, and your 3 ends up 4.

I'm seeing Clay Hall being ranked from anywhere as close to the top 10 to Cal Twoomey not having him in the top 20.

Hypothetically assuming Curtin is good, how we would feel about taking Hall with Sydney's pick? That would be jumping the gun, but then you got Reid, Hewett, Ginbey and Chesser all good sizes as your up and coming mids...Thoughts?

He's had 2 consecutive 20 touch games in the WAFL and had 20 and 2 last week in the WAFL, Ginbey/Hewett didnt have such a game last season....
Seems very likely to be available at our pick 19, so that'd be a no from me.

Liam Ryan, Tyler Brockman and their respective partners and kids had a catch up today going off Flyin’s Insta stories.

👀

Very possible that part of Hawthorn’s interest in Ryan is to help convince Brockman to stay at the Hawks (obviously besides his football ability)

Hello and welcome to 'How KS would slightly improve the draft'

Step one: abolish priority picks. If a team is deemed to be such a burden on the competition, give them support through the soft cap and possible salary cap allowances (would need to be some framework to support this step).

Step two: eradicate the first band of Free agency compo, make band two the highest. Teams should not be rewarded for losing uncontacted players, but the compo offsets weak teams losing players to stronger teams. It is bizzare that both Us and Sydney are disadvantaged by TBs contract but North can benefit from McKay not having one if both those players move on.

Step three: Give every club access to match for one academy player. Encourage clubs to grow players who qualify for academies, improve the talent pool and be rewarded for their investment, unlike Melbourne with Andrews a year or two ago. The northern academies may even remain in their current form in this instance.

Step Four: Profit.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, I will not be taking questions x

I've always thought the team getting the FA player should have to cough up something around what they are worth. No free lunches.

I'm not sure Van Rooyen is a 'gun'. He is a player with height in a team that is top 4 with so much inside 50 supply and a hardened finals group surrounding him.

Put him in our team at the minute and he flounders.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looks to be a gun in the making. He can pluck serious contested marks. Won a game off his own boot earlier in the year.
Put any 2nd year forward in our team at the moment and he flounders. Oscar Allen sure would have

Young men don't have back injuries, TB has had back issues for years, thus must be treated like a 32 year old.

Asking a future first for a guy who's broken down is laughable.

But you won’t because both us and you guys have a good relationship. Very very rarely do you see a club hold onto a player that wants to go.
And on what basis do you make the judgement that he wants to go? One 7 report saying Hawks are going to make an approach. If this was enough then every trade that was ever speculated would get done.

We don't have to trade players we don't want to. So you may well think a top 20 pick is too much, but that doesn't mean you get to have him for less. He is a very good small forward, under contract. If you want him us to accept a deal, pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back