List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

If hawks want to run the argument he's devalued because he's injured this year ill happily keep ryan. At his best he's absolutely elite and this year's injury aside, I don't think we've seen anything to indicate we won't see his best again.
You don’t get to make those calls. To be honest I don’t think he leaves you guys but if he does I can promise you that you’ll be extremely disappointed in what you get back. Bookmark this for future reference

Some of your posters saying pick 3
If you read my post you attached i specifically say Ryan isn'tt worth pick 3 but that we should still target that pick anyway.
Whether that is through further trading or giving something back who knows.
If we dont get a top 10 pick back for him in some capacity we'll just keep him. No skin off our back.

If you read my post you attached i specifically say Ryan isn'tt worth pick 3 but that we should still target that pick anyway.
Whether that is through further trading or giving something back who knows.
If we dont get a top 10 pick back for him in some capacity we'll just keep him. No skin off our back.
I did miss read sorry a few whiskeys down considering it’s a Friday night but I personally don’t think we’ll trade down to get Ryan but hey who knows.

Ryan Burton was supposed to go top 5 in his draft but didn’t due to injuries slid out to 17 I think it was. But he was also 18 not 27.
Burton was never top 5 & I don't know what that has to do with anything. He is an average flanker which you guys were absolutely desperate to retain obviously.

If Brockman or DGB were worth anything then you wouldn't be happy to trade them at all and would be expecting a top 20 pick. Otherwise it's a 3rd rounder at best.
For an equal value i'd say Sicily, Moore or Day. & i'd rather keep Ryan as he excels in one of the hardest positions on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All upside with these clubs coming after our quality contracted players - high picks/good players or we walk. Simple. Would rather keep Ryan (and I'm skeptical that he'd want to leave WA anyway?) but if the Hawks want to give us a top 10 pick or a very good young player then sure, why not.

Good call but I’d be tempted to keep Yo. Even if he’s not out there all the time when he is he gives some relief to Hewitt etc

I'd be with you if you could guarantee he'd play even 15 or so games but you just can't anymore.

And I also just feel bad for him and want him to have a shot, this slow death is a footy tragedy. He needs a chance to get fit and Lord knows he isn't getting it at West Coast.

Burton was never top 5 & I don't know what that has to do with anything. He is an average flanker which you guys were absolutely desperate to retain obviously.

If Brockman or DGB were worth anything then you wouldn't be happy to trade them at all and would be expecting a top 20 pick. Otherwise it's a 3rd rounder at best.
For an equal value i'd say Sicily, Moore or Day. & i'd rather keep Ryan as he excels in one of the hardest positions on the ground.
We don’t want to trade brockman, Not a single hawks fan wants him gone.

And if you think Ryan has equal value of Sicily, moore or day you belong in a mental asylum.

Don't particularly want to sit through 22 100+ floggings next season, some of these senior guys are going to be needed to bring that down to 60+ point floggings.

That and if they aren't targeting any FA this off season, then they'll need to spend the cap next year on somebody.

We don’t want to trade brockman, Not a single hawks fan wants him gone.

And if you think Ryan has equal value of Sicily, moore or day you belong in a mental asylum.
I would only want Day here and we already have a better version in Hough.
I bet you think Lewis, Newcombe & Jiath are stars too

3 way trade Eagles/Swans/Hawks

West Coast

Give: Ryan, Barrass

Get: Pick 3

Sydney

Give: Pick 7, Pick 26 (R2 Haw 2022 trade)

Get: Barrass, Pick 33 (R2 Dogs 2022 trade)

Hawthorn

Give: Pick 3, Pick 33 (R2 Dogs 2022 trade)

Get: Pick 7, Pick 26 (R2 Haw 2022 trade), Ryan

In addition Eagles could offer Gold Coast picks 19, 35, 37 and undertaking not to bid on academy picks (saves GC 483 points by not bidding on Walter at #1 alone with additional +75 points including highly valuable pick 19). If sweetener needed swap 2024 R2 picks.

Eagles left with 1 (Reid), 3 (Curtain) and 5 (Sanders/Watson/Duursma) as well as late picks to cover academy players like Collard who was electric at WA vs VicC game.

Above assumes current ladder positions, North take McKercher at #2 and that the AFL don’t add mayo to McKay compensation which AT BEST should be end of 1st round pick. Would gain us Reid as well as younger, upgraded versions of TB and Ryan.

3 way trade Eagles/Swans/Hawks

West Coast

Give: Ryan, Barrass

Get: Pick 3

Sydney

Give: Pick 7, Pick 26 (R2 Haw 2022 trade)

Get: Barrass, Pick 33 (R2 Dogs 2022 trade)

Hawthorn

Give: Pick 3, Pick 33 (R2 Dogs 2022 trade)

Get: Pick 7, Pick 26 (R2 Haw 2022 trade), Ryan

In addition Eagles could offer Gold Coast picks 19, 35, 37 and undertaking not to bid on academy picks (saves GC 483 points by not bidding on Walter at #1 alone with additional +75 points including highly valuable pick 19). If sweetener needed swap 2024 R2 picks.

Eagles left with 1 (Reid), 3 (Curtain) and 5 (Sanders/Watson/Duursma) as well as late picks to cover academy players like Collard who was electric at WA vs VicC game.

Above assumes current ladder positions, North take McKercher at #2 and that the AFL don’t add mayo to McKay compensation which AT BEST should be end of 1st round pick. Would gain us Reid as well as younger, upgraded versions of TB and Ryan.
This is a deal that could definitely work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back