Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MUST…STAY…IN…THE…TEAM

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’s not in our best side. I’ve been a fan and defender but in my view he is behind the others. That’s not a slight on him. He could stick around and play 15 games as first man in next year. I’m glad we have him.

None of them are bringing what Fog currently is.

Changing up our HFF with Fogarty, Martin and Cuningham has transformed our season. We can’t move away from that.

If good players have to miss out then so be it. That means we’re in a good position.
Throw Newman, Fish & Saad in at HB - dynamic ball movement - Woop!

Oh I sure hope so. I've suffered enough.

Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. Perhaps that forever remains open to interpretation.

I just don't seem to recall a match in recent times with such a decision that has this much potential ramifications. What are Geelong and Sydney thinking right now? What is the AFL's verdict?

Understand that I grew up with the new generation of non-arrogant fans who have only ever seen punishment and false dawns. Soft I might be right now, but I want to see success no less than you do. Don't you think we are entitled some good times without such controversies?

Let me flip this for you, if it got overturned and given a goal after the umpires soft call and Marchy claiming he touched it, that also would of been controversial.

Just watched the Cunningham tackle again. He's gone. AFL will give him 2 or 3. They don't relent on this crap.

Walsh takes his high Half forward role and runs wherever the fk he wants, Dow stays in the guts…
We have it covered, as long as it’s not 3, due for a rest anyway

Be good for our off field number 1 draft pick to make Christian look like a fool again

Many Pies’ fans are already shitting bricks that they might meet us in the GF (or any final for that matter)! Love it!

I’d be so confident if we’ve got a healthy list. For one, their list isn’t as good as ours (I’d argue it’s not even top 4, so kudos to system).

But, more importantly, they have soft and/or slow midfielders who would turn to water in the face of our warriors.
Now we’ve beaten Melbourne it’s every chance in the semi final.

Melb fin 4th - Collingwood & Melb play in the quali.

They lose to Melb & we win our first final - we play them in a semi.

How sweet will that be.

Walsh takes his high Half forward role and runs wherever the fk he wants, Dow stays in the guts…
We have it covered, as long as it’s not 3, due for a rest anyway

Be good for our off field number 1 draft pick to make Christian look like a fool again

I’d bring Walsh onto a wing.

Running through the centre on receipt.

Without Cerra, we can’t leave him at HF - IMHO.

Awesome win. So proud. But after watching the Blue Abroad Fan Cams I’m a bit confused as they were talking about how tonight we’ve finally done it and qualified for finals. But from my ladder predictor we still need to win one more game to be guaranteed. Lose both games and we could slip to 9th. What am I missing with the Blue Abroad guys? Isn’t it one week early to be celebrating finally making finals?

Top 4

We need Port to be losing all their 3 and we win both our two

Qualifying Final at the G against the Filth - bring it on

Or Melbourne lose both theirs and we win both, not my preferred option (see below re us not winning) but also both outcomes would lead to us playing Brisbane at Gabba

Top 8
To guarantee our spot in the 8 we need Adelaide and Melbourne to beat Swans
St Kilda OR Bulldogs to beat Geeling

Death riding the Grand Finalists from last year!!!!

FOG part of two IMMENSE plays in the last qtr.

The handball out of congestion to Crippa on the wing that freed him up to hit Charlie on the lead - goal

But..that almost contrived “squeezed” kick to TDK with the Dees guy steaming front on towards him even better. Another clutch goal resulted.

2 of our 3 final qtr goals due to his classy work

This makes him so valuable in the big time, very measured under pressure, kudos to him

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People forget Fog was a first rounder, he is a talented little player, same age as Dow who has been given plenty of patience. Originally drafted as a midfielder but is making HFF his own.

No reason why he shouldn’t remain in our side, and why he can’t continue to grow as a player with more continuity and confidence. Sometimes that’s all a player needs.

I'm not talking down our last seven wins. They were superb. We are looking threatening and I'd be lying if I said I didn't get swept up in it a little.

It's just this match which bothers me now. Imagine if we were to play the GF and/or win the flag (don't see it happening myself). Everyone is going to point back to this very game and how it could have wrongly changed everything.

What would be worse is the AFL coming out and agreeing that score review was wrong. I want our season and comeback to be defined by pure determination and hard work. Not by a dodgy goal umpire decision.
It's ok Tee Jay. Take a breath. We're all in this together. I get that you wanted a non controversial, no disputable win. Our body of work speaks for itself. You are young. You may have buddies or workmates giving you grief, and it takes the edge off for you. But...they were saying stuff about Charlie and then he beat Moore.
We keep winning and it's the way we are winning, and who we are without, on top of that.
I for one totally belive Marchy and so I'm comfortable it was touched.
We'd already won though, for mine whether draw, or decision their way. Because of our endeavour and so many top shelf players out.
Fair and square we can match it with the top teams.

So, don't worry. Be happy. Take the ride, and enjoy it while it lasts.💙

Yep. Has always said if we ever got out s**t together we'd be a force.

We're not as hard done by in the media as what some would have you think we are. Lots of people have predicted big things for us for a few years now. However, what sticks in the mind is when they have a whack, most often when we deserve it.

I think you will find every supporter base has people who think their club is hard done by in the media

Best win so far. Brilliant. Such was the first quarter dominance we should have been up by 5 goals. McKay can't come back quick enough, Curnow is playing valiantly but McKay coming back would stop teams playing a spare man in front of Charlie.

Cripps was magnificent in the last quarter, again. Furthers my suspicion this is a deliberate strategy, that he has been told to play in 3rd gear for 3 qtrs then explode in the last. He crashes through easier against tiring bodies. His magnificent play on the wing before piercing a low burner that hit Charlie was as good a play and kick as you'd want to see.

And of course, the defence was absolutely brilliant, the cornerstone of this side.

I’m quite reserved generally, but tonight when the siren went, I ran down 6 aisles and slapped anyone’s hand possible. Huge win!
I watched my old man run around skipping and dancing. Most emotional I've seen him since Simmo's 250th against port when we kicked the last 3 to win. F*** it, I'm still so emotional. Just loving this ride. I'm 33 and never really experienced any success as an adult following this club. I believe in this team and the support staff. Come on baggers - let's keep this wave rolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Back